ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone get a stimulus dime yet?

Larry Kudlow, one of Trump's economic advisers has publicly admitted that the small business relief program has gotten off to a "bad start".

This is on the WH and their confusing message. And lack of initial response. Don't blame SIP orders.

I don’t quite understand this. I actually find it quite impressive how quickly the government rolled out this stimulus package. 2 weeks, 2 to roll out a massive package to bail the country out of a depression. Do you know how long it took them to come up with a stimulus package in 2008?

With the massive amount of people suddenly applying for unemployment, loans etc..... did you really think it would go smooth. For crying out loud, that is a lot to handle. Then, to blame it all in the White House is, well, bizarre.

and I guess Texas too. This is the message I get when trying to log into my daughter's account:

System Unavailable
TWC is experiencing a high volume of requests. We apologize for this inconvenience
Please try again later or during our off peak hours (10pm – 6am).
Thank you.

Sistema no disponible, se está experimentando una alta cantidad de solicitudes.
Lamentamos este inconveniente. Le sugerimos vuelva a intentar más tarde
o durante las horas con menos demanda (10pm – 6am).
Gracias.

My son in Austin was in the same boat, on the verge of giving up but he woke up early in the morning last Wednesday at 5 am and tried the website application and got it completed then. Maybe he was just lucky but I’d encourage trying them in very off hours. Frustrating.

Reactions: pink shizzle
I don’t quite understand this. I actually find it quite impressive how quickly the government rolled out this stimulus package. 2 weeks, 2 to roll out a massive package to bail the country out of a depression. Do you know how long it took them to come up with a stimulus package in 2008?

With the massive amount of people suddenly applying for unemployment, loans etc..... did you really think it would go smooth. For crying out loud, that is a lot to handle. Then, to blame it all in the White House is, well, bizarre.
You missed the sarcasm. That is my fault.

About 10 days ago, WH talkers were promising how quickly the $$$ would go out and they had a tremendous program in place. As with the rollout of ACA... there's always glitches in the process.

I was poking fun at the WH promise about how great their system was.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Florida has been the same way. Probably a problem in most states.

Florida unemployment insurance is a shitshow. I know people who have been trying to apply for 2 weeks and can't get through because the damn website keeps kicking them out ... and it doesn't save info, so they have to start the process over from the beginning every time.

Reactions: ericram
Check or extra unemployment benefit? Just curious.

You must be new here, OP. Just about everyone who peruses this board is a self-made gazillionaire who doesn't qualify for these charity checks and are just waiting for the right time to re-enter the market with all of the $ they locked in with well-timed February sales.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Florida unemployment insurance is a shitshow. I know people who have been trying to apply for 2 weeks and can't get through because the damn website keeps kicking them out ... and it doesn't save info, so they have to start the process over from the beginning every time.
My fiancé finally got through on Saturday and now she’s waiting to find out if she’s been approved or not.

You missed the sarcasm. That is my fault.

About 10 days ago, WH talkers were promising how quickly the $$$ would go out and they had a tremendous program in place. As with the rollout of ACA... there's always glitches in the process.

I was poking fun at the WH promise about how great their system was.

Lol. Probably not your fault. My sarcasm meter is slightly off with all of this bull shit going on. Plus, I try to ignore what those asshats in the White House say.

Larry Kudlow, one of Trump's economic advisers has publicly admitted that the small business relief program has gotten off to a "bad start".

This is on the WH and their confusing message. And lack of initial response. Don't blame SIP orders.
I think it is more likely on the Bankers who are not used to working on Fridays and weekends.

I think it is more likely on the Bankers who are not used to working on Fridays and weekends.
Several of the BIG Banks are refusing to grant relief $$$ to small businesses that were not previous customers.

More chaos from a dysfunctional WH program.

Who would have thought?

Several of the BIG Banks are refusing to grant relief $$$ to small businesses that were not previous customers.

Who would have thought?

I was on a conference call regarding this on Monday and was told it had something to do with anti money laundering laws. I have no idea exactly what that means but the person talking about it said there are certain things the bank must attest to that are difficult or impossible to do in the current social distancing climate. Those who are familiar with what they have to do may be able to speak to this.

I was on a conference call regarding this on Monday and was told it had something to do with anti money laundering laws. I have no idea exactly what that means but the person talking about it said there are certain things the bank must attest to that are difficult or impossible to do in the current social distancing climate. Those who are familiar with what they have to do may be able to speak to this.
Just when the Big Banks have started to regain a bit of credibility with the American public, this happens.

It was reported that there were 14,000+ requests submitted, initially, and only 500 loans/grants approved.

Best of luck with the process!

Reactions: 3boysmom
Just when the Big Banks have started to regain a bit of credibility with the American public, this happens.

It was reported that there were 14,000+ requests submitted, initially, and only 500 loans/grants approved.

Best of luck with the process!

I can’t file for PPP until Friday because I’m a Sole Proprietor/Independent Contractor. EIDL is apparently backed up for miles. As is Unemployment. But if I can actually get EIDL and/or PPP then the unemployment is unnecessary

That is EXACTLY how our former Gov/now Sen wanted the system to "work"

Reactions: Gonolz
Just about everyone who peruses this board is a self-made gazillionaire...
I asked my accountant and apparently this isn't a real amount. I was concerned that maybe someone else had more than me, but now I'm not worried.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Gonolz
Per local news site article:

Will you get paid today?

The first wave of payments will be issued to people who have already given their bank account information to the IRS and Social Security beneficiaries who filed a federal tax return with direct deposit information.

The next wave of money will be paid no later than the week of April 20. The third and final round is dedicated to payments being made through check. Those will be mailed at an undetermined date.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/morni...ceive-first-pay-out-of-stimulus-checks-today/

How is it a stimulus when essentially the entire economy is on hold
My thoughts exactly. The only thing getting a stimulus are businesses such as Walmart and Amazon. Where else can someone spend 1200 bucks when every other small business is shut down. The stimulus checks shouldn’t have been released until those businesses that were closed are opening their doors again.

I am seasonally employed and recieved an extra $600. That in addition to my regular unemployment totals more than my take home on a 40 hour week.

The only thing getting a stimulus are businesses such as Walmart and Amazon. Where else can someone spend 1200 bucks when every other small business is shut down.

The small businesses that sell to Wallyworld, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, rent, utilities, groceries, etc. Just off the top of my head. The point is that you're spending.

Who would have thought?

It wasn't just previous customers, it was mainly they were only taking applications if you had a loan or credit card with them. This wasn't a WH policy, just something the banks decided to try to be sneaky about. They wanted their customers with debt to get funded first. And it worked. The WH and other pols stepped up and forced them to take applications from everyone within 24 hours. Hopefully Trump remember the banks doing this during his second term when they come asking for money for something.

It wasn't just previous customers, it was mainly they were only taking applications if you had a loan or credit card with them. This wasn't a WH policy, just something the banks decided to try to be sneaky about. They wanted their customers with debt to get funded first. And it worked. The WH and other pols stepped up and forced them to take applications from everyone within 24 hours. Hopefully Trump remember the banks doing this during his second term when they come asking for money for something.
There won't be a second term.

Just sayin.

There are regulations banks must follow regarding Know Your Customer and Anti Money Laundering. Here is an article from 2018 related to it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...aml-what-all-banks-need-to-know/#1befb5470fc6

Reactions: 3boysmom
I am seasonally employed and recieved an extra $600. That in addition to my regular unemployment totals more than my take home on a 40 hour week.
I apparently missed the extra $600 payment until I heard in the governor's press conference today. I'm sure there are a lot of people that are making more getting unemployment + $600 than they do when they work full-time. Not saying they shouldn't, I just didn't realize that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT