ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have more details about the cop who merc'd the dog in the dirty D?

I think the "punch it" is a bit of keyboard hero but I can certainly agree that a non lethal option should have been used. Ideally Mace.

The only reason I know my decision tree with 100% certainty and the fact that it includes punching is because this is how I’ve reacted in situations like this (edit: although I never had the taser/gun). This approach would be second nature. HORT has taught me I must have grown up in some tough phucking dog neighborhoods!

At one point I had a link that showed Davenport was like #2 per capita in violent crime during that specific year.

The funny party is I would just laugh as I watched people stick up the 7/11 across the street.
People don’t remember that there was legit gang wars going on in the 90s in the Quads.

Much, much rougher than it is now.

Buncha banger wannabes having social media beefs and spraying bullets haphazardly at each other now for the most part - wildly irresponsible and dangerous but nowhere near as vicious as the targeted killings from back in the day.

I think the "punch it" is a bit of keyboard hero but I can certainly agree that a non lethal option should have been used. Ideally Mace.

I have no problem fighting shit, I had a tomcat attack one of my cats a couple years ago and grabbed the damn thing off my cat ( it was under my truck so I couldn't shoot it) the cat bit through the fatty part of my hand which pushed the feces my cat had released during the fight into the wound in my hand. Yes, i punched the **** out of it to get it to stop, should have slammed it on the ground, but in a flight or fight spun it and threw it like the hammer throw, after 16k in the emergency room, rabies ect, I waited for the Tom cat to come back and shot the bastard. ( pictures in other thread)

Long story short, grabbing a fighting animal sounds great until you realize you just brought it's teeth closer to you.

Found it:https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/of-all-the-animals-i-have-killed.389067/#post-10056489

If you’re ever faced with that again, punch down on the head. Never at. And never grab. I didn’t win every fight (as I mentioned I have lots of scars) but I learned.

Or, ya know….just shoot.

People don’t remember that there was legit gang wars going on in the 90s in the Quads.

Much, much rougher than it is now.

Buncha banger wannabes having social media beefs and spraying bullets haphazardly at each other now for the most part - wildly irresponsible and dangerous but nowhere near as vicious as the targeted killings from back in the day.
If I remember correctly my house was technically Latin King territory, but we were all white and nobody really fuxked with anyone other than graffiti.

The rule was you just don't steal from the neighborhood. Then Shawn lampy got caught stealing hood ornaments and a bunch of dad's smacked the shit out of him. His dad was the first.

First time seeing the video. I would have tried for a little longer as the cop before going to that extent but the owners are stupid. No leash, no fence, and not under control.

If you’re ever faced with that again, punch down on the head. Never at. And never grab. I didn’t win every fight (as I mentioned I have lots of scars) but I learned.

Or, ya know….just shoot.
I should have just hulk smashed his ass.over and.over into the pavement but I had him by the back not the neck so he could still move on me. So then I started punching him with my right while holding with my left.

He won the battle but I won the war.

I see it both ways:

Pathetic on the owner’s part to not have it secured with an open yard - ESPECIALLY if there had been previous complaints.

Secondly, I just don’t know why soooo many cops are that damn quick to pull their guns!? Figure it out another way, dude!
I agree but I swear I hear someone saying "It's ok It's ok" when the dog approached him.

Was that the officer? Maybe he was trying to lay off till he couldn't.

Brutal, but it’s obvious why neighbors have called. Irresponsible owner could have prevented this. (Coming from an owner of two). If you have a little kid for all you know this dog is about to take his face off.
Yeah, this is where I come down. Could the officer used his night stick? I don’t know. Did the dog charge him after apparently being a menace in the neighborhood? Yes. The owners suck for not securing a dog known to be aggressive. I love my dogs but if I had a big dog with a history of being aggressive, I sure as f&ck wouldn’t be letting run amok like that. I put this 95% on the owner and 5% on the cop.

I have no problem fighting shit, I had a tomcat attack one of my cats a couple years ago and grabbed the damn thing off my cat ( it was under my truck so I couldn't shoot it) the cat bit through the fatty part of my hand which pushed the feces my cat had released during the fight into the wound in my hand. Yes, i punched the **** out of it to get it to stop, should have slammed it on the ground, but in a flight or fight spun it and threw it like the hammer throw, after 16k in the emergency room, rabies ect, I waited for the Tom cat to come back and shot the bastard. ( pictures in other thread)

Long story short, grabbing a fighting animal sounds great until you realize you just brought it's teeth closer to you.

Found it:https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/of-all-the-animals-i-have-killed.389067/#post-10056489
CSB time. Was walking my Beagle in the park. Massive soccer fest at other end of park. Decent size lab mix dog pulled himself off leash from owner/parent at tournament. Came barreling at us teeth in full attack mode. Let the Beagle go and grabbed the lab mix by the leash and collar dangling it a good foot or so off the ground.
Bastard went from attack mode straight into panic help mode. I went for what I felt was the easiest opportunity to calm it down.
Probably not wise decision, but a reaction is a reaction.

If you've ridden as many miles of gravel as you say, I can't believe you haven't had to defend yourself against some farm dog intent on ripping the spandex off your semi attractive azz... ;)

Oh believe me, I know where everyone of those bastards are between IC and Lone Tree. The pair on 580th are out for blood every time. I always make sure the wind is behind me and I’m at full throttle coming up to that house.

CSB time. Was walking my Beagle in the park. Massive soccer fest at other end of park. Decent size lab mix dog pulled himself off leash from owner/parent at tournament. Came barreling at us teeth in full attack mode. Let the Beagle go and grabbed the lab mix by the leash and collar dangling it a good foot or so off the ground.
Bastard went from attack mode straight into panic help mode. I went for what I felt was the easiest opportunity to calm it down.
Probably not wise decision, but a reaction is a reaction.
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" you did what you had to do.

Reactions: tumorboy
Oh believe me, I know where everyone of those bastards are between IC and Lone Tree. The pair on 580th are out for blood every time. I always make sure the wind is behind me and I’m at full throttle coming up to that house.

Running Late On My Way GIF by Minions

• Love
Reactions: Hawki97
A real scrappy situation all the way around. If neighbors have called about the dog being overly aggressive, and you show up and it attacks you, unfortunately drastic measures have to be taken. It looks like it was just a matter of time before that dog attacked someone who couldn't defend themselves and did serious damage.

I see it both ways:

Pathetic on the owner’s part to not have it secured with an open yard - ESPECIALLY if there had been previous complaints.

Secondly, I just don’t know why soooo many cops are that damn quick to pull their guns!? Figure it out another way, dude!
That's where I'm at. Killing the dog wasn't necessary, but there's plenty of blame for the dog owner in this instance.

I agree but I swear I hear someone saying "It's ok It's ok" when the dog approached him.

Was that the officer? Maybe he was trying to lay off till he couldn't.
Maybe. But I also see zero reason for his option #1 to be killing the damn thing.

Hell…jump up on the car to get away from it before your brain thinks “pull gun!”

There were young kids right there, FFS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT