ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have more details about the cop who merc'd the dog in the dirty D?

thats-bait-tom-hardy.gif

mledp.gif
He’s too dumb to understand the difference between one dog and an armed mob of hundreds.

Low i.q.

I would absolute pay good money for one of our resident dogtards to go defenseless against a large lab sprinting at them with the intent on harm.

Let’s see how good the “punch” theory works

I would absolute pay good money for one of our resident dogtards to go defenseless against a large lab sprinting at them with the intent on harm.

Let’s see how good the “punch” theory works
How much? Btw, want more than a punch. Want club as well

I am in no way disputing that the owners of the dog that was shot bear a large percentage of the blame. It's obvious they do.

But the guy letting his sister's dog out to pee at 10 p.m. only to have it run down by a cop that clearly didn't even really give a shit that he did it?

THAT is why many in Davenport - particularly in lower income areas - dislike and have zero respect for DPD officers. Can't say I blame them, given this type of shit.
Agreee. But some of those who dislike and have zero respect LE might just be pos themselves... and lack credibility.

Cop wasn’t in the wrong. It’s very evident by the dogs bark that it was ready to attack. Unfortunately kids were present and had to witness it. Fault falls on the owner for not having dog chained up if it’s aggressive

The only people who should feel insulted are those who realize what the cop did was justified.

Please, you’re an armchair lawyer and a cop allegedly. I wanna see you go stop a large lab from attacking you with your “punches”
I see your reading comprehension is as low grade as your empathy.

I specifcally noted it will be deemed justified and the officer will not face repercussions - other than contributing to the already wretched PR the DPD has.

I know and have hung out with a few cops, am even related to a retired one in Chicago.. It kinda sets you back hearing about their jobs and experiences, how they handle people and situations, etc.

And while I value and appreciate police officers, they can be pretty corse when it comes to handling incidents, but they have to I suppose. Trying not to judge and will always support them, at the same time I feel bad for man's best friend here.

Reactions: Bro D
I see your reading comprehension is as low grade as your empathy.

I specifcally noted it will be deemed justified and the officer will not face repercussions - other than contributing to the already wretched PR the DPD has.

Yet you call this cop a “human piece of shit” not knowing his overall body of work and the possible good he’s done for the community.

Both those dogs would be alive if people were responsible with their pets.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
Yet you call this cop a “human piece of shit” not knowing his overall body of work and the possible good he’s done for the community.

Both those dogs would be alive if people were responsible with their pets.
His actions and words are definitely POS worthy. Stand by my analysis.

And the second dog was being let out to pee at 10 p.m. in its own backyard - absurd to fault the dog care provider for not leashing it under those circumstances.

I know and have hung out with a few cops, am even related to a retired one in Chicago.. It kinda sets you back hearing about their jobs and experiences, how they handle people and situations, etc.

And while I value and appreciate police officers, they can be pretty corse when it comes to handling incidents, but they have to I suppose. Trying not to judge and will always support them, at the same time I feel bad for man's best friend here.
One of my BILs was a cop in Chicago for about a decade after serving in the armed forces including in Afghanistan for s couple tours. After 10 years he wasn't sure which was worse. He works in the schools now and still says the same thing lol.

Reactions: Car-go
And the second dog was being let out to pee at 10 p.m. in its own backyard - absurd to fault the dog care provider for not leashing it under those circumstances.
You realize that's the story being told by a convicted felon right? And even at that why are you suggesting the back yard is across an alley?
My point still stands on this most recent situation... unless it was clear the dog was about to attack him or already was, shooting it was overboard and this guy needs to be done as a cop.

One of my BILs was a cop in Chicago for about a decade after serving in the armed forces including in Afghanistan for s couple tours. After 10 years he wasn't sure which was worse. He works in the schools now and still says the same thing lol.
My relative used to tell me about gut punching kids when they got out of line in Chicago schools, dropped them to their knees.

No problem with killing the dog. Do have to ask about the choice of protection with people present. He likely had mace. The officer showed initial restraint and the dog got worse. He stood his ground and was calm. Hope the owner gets fined. The cop needs more training. However, aside from running at him there was not a lot of reason to expect the dog to suddenly get aggressive. Pits are a bit like that and use surprised.

A lot of you on here really would be cheering and defending the cop were it was a black person with the exact same situation.

I am in no way disputing that the owners of the dog that was shot bear a large percentage of the blame. It's obvious they do.

But the guy letting his sister's dog out to pee at 10 p.m. only to have it run down by a cop that clearly didn't even really give a shit that he did it?

THAT is why many in Davenport - particularly in lower income areas - dislike and have zero respect for DPD officers. Can't say I blame them, given this type of shit.
I hate that the officer shot the dog but NONE of this would have happened if the owner had control of this large breed dog.

So many people, including in the neighborhood I live in, don’t seem to give two shits about containing their pets. It’s really unfortunate.

Do we know if these people received complaints in the past? Fact or fiction?

I hate that the officer shot the dog but NONE of this would have happened if the owner had control of this large breed dog.

So many people, including in the neighborhood I live in, don’t seem to give two shits about containing their pets. It’s really unfortunate.

Do we know if these people received complaints in the past? Fact or fiction?
The west end of Davenport is awash in untended dogs and trashy people. It would suck to respond to police calls there. Still, show some discretion and thoughtfulness. Blasting a dog in front of (and up range from) a couple kids shows neither.

The west end of Davenport is awash in untended dogs and trashy people. It would suck to respond to police calls there. Still, show some discretion and thoughtfulness. Blasting a dog in front of (and up range from) a couple kids shows neither.
The people who live on the west end of Davenport still amount to more in life than yourself. Little flick and yourself need to show some discretion and thoughtfulness when showing affection to each other in public.

Damn that was hard to watch, thought about this most of the evening.

Very early in <some? many?> Police training, you are taught, shoot the dog. That dog charged him and got well within the danger zone. Lots of monday morning QBs, but the officer most likely followed his training as it relates to this specific event.

Ive been charged by dogs I know, and it's hard to not react. But thats not an apple to apple comparison to this.

I’ve been pretty adamant about the officer being justified in the shooting based on the family security footage. I thought the dog was physically attacking not just barking and aggressive. From the body cam it does look like the officer “could” have entertained other methods.

damn, I wish I didn’t watch that

Like many others have already stated, cop seemed way to quick on the draw. I would feel different if he was actually bitten or harmed in anyway. Charging and barking is a normal dog behavior.
There is absolutely nothing normal about a dog charging and barking at you, and a cop shouldn't have to wait to be bitten or harmed to react.

People, keep your pets on out of public if they can't behave, they aren't family members. And if you can't, this is the result. Maybe more actions like the cops will keep people from letting their dumb ass dogs run about.

There is absolutely nothing normal about a dog charging and barking at you, and a cop shouldn't have to wait to be bitten or harmed to react.

People, keep your pets on out of public if they can't behave, they aren't family members. And if you can't, this is the result. Maybe more actions like the cops will keep people from letting their dumb ass dogs run about.
Chum the waters, Derek, chum away

Reactions: torbee

Torbs brought up how Leo interacts with the lower class differently, which there is truth to, but there is also truth to the lower class completely ignoring personal responsibility.

I’ve been pretty adamant about the officer being justified in the shooting based on the family security footage. I thought the dog was physically attacking not just barking and aggressive. From the body cam it does look like the officer “could” have entertained other methods.

After seeing the body cam footage, I stand by my earlier assessment. Bunch of pussies out there and on here when it comes to dogs. Officer rightfully cleared though as it’s ultimately on the owner. Officer is a major pussy though.

Edit to add: It is valid for his superiors to consider if his use of a weapon in the circumstances were warranted though considering the other factors, e.g. proximity to children. Temperament and an itchy trigger finger could lead to future problems and if he were my in my charge, I’d want to make sure the pussy isn’t a danger to the public and embarrass me or the department in the future and “smoke” something more than a dog.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT