ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone love the TV show "Cops?"

It's amazing how little these criminals know about their constitutional rights.

All they have to say is: "I'd like to speak to an attorney" and the cops have to stop questioning them.

@Jimmy McGill

There are good cops, who were my neighbors and shaped my life. And disgusting racist pond scum that seem to unfortunately dominate the police these days.

• Haha
Reactions: Easthawk1062
Live PD on Reels is probably a more interesting cop show. No editing like cops and you get to see what being a cop is really like.
Didn’t they rename this as “on patrol” or something and put it on another service?

It's amazing how little these criminals know about their constitutional rights.

All they have to say is: "I'd like to speak to an attorney" and the cops have to stop questioning them.

@Jimmy McGill

You are not looking at a super well educated segment of the population on the whole.

Also to be fair a person saying that they are asserting their right to remain silent and/or asking for a lawyer is boring so they likely edited out anyone who did that.

I mean watch a fictional cop show and everyone talks and no one asks for a lawyer until they finally catch the right person and have all the evidence and have them dead to rights... then maybe that person asks for a lawyer. But no one before that.

All the innocent people keep talking even after the cops are screaming accusations in their face and occasionally beating them. (Seriously there was one episode of SVU where Stabler beats up an guy to get him to talk... turns out he didn't do anything and yet his beating of an innocent man is never brought up again.)

Reactions: BrianNole777
giphy.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT