ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see Eno's new Tweet?

Not trying to be argumentative, but I'm not sure you know how Twitter works. You don't have to "stalk" a Twitter account. If you're a follower, the tweets come to you.
I follow ENO on Twitter but I do not and would not ever send a tweet. Insecure Hawkeye fans need to just go have a beer and relax, he been through and through Hawkeye for a long time and even up through this week.

It sounds like he knows of a certain coach retiring at the end of the season.
kp8te.gif

Reactions: IAGuy
Alright Gunner, if you don't have one, you are truly behind the times. And since you are so far behind the times, why are you on a message board? Go back to reading the paper and yelling at your kids because they are probably already more intelligent than you. Twitter - in todays world has breaking news released well before any other outlet. It is 2016 my friend, so try not to sh** on people who use it as an information tool
Actually my daughter is quite smart, thank you. Worked for Google for 5 years before joining a start-up where she did quite well when they sold in 18 months. Now she is a director of ecommerce for a $2B company. Bottom line, she doesn't tweet or face book or any other social media. Why smartass because she doesn't have time, just like me.

I may be behind the times but will be retiring at 60, fishing and golf every day. So go tweet yourself.

Alright Gunner, if you don't have one, you are truly behind the times. And since you are so far behind the times, why are you on a message board? Go back to reading the paper and yelling at your kids because they are probably already more intelligent than you. Twitter - in todays world has breaking news released well before any other outlet. It is 2016 my friend, so try not to sh** on people who use it as an information tool
Now people are intelligent because they use Twitter? LOL!

It's pretty clear the bar has been lowered to what constitutes intelligence these days.

Just a heads up though, I think Daniels changed his official visit to Oct 22nd.
I think it is Daniels committing also, although I don't know why Daniels would have Eno make the announcement instead of doing it himself. Maybe it will be the usual "someone is committing tomorrow" and then Daniels commits.

Reactions: David1979
Actually my daughter is quite smart, thank you. Worked for Google for 5 years before joining a start-up where she did quite well when they sold in 18 months. Now she is a director of ecommerce for a $2B company. Bottom line, she doesn't tweet or face book or any other social media. Why smartass because she doesn't have time, just like me.

I may be behind the times but will be retiring at 60, fishing and golf every day. So go tweet yourself.
So you proved my point? Except for the fact that you're lying about your daughter not using social media, if she is truly that successful then I guarantee she utilizes social media as a tool for continued opportunities and/or definitely networking. And saying you don't have time for something as quick and easy as twitter (where information literally pops up) but you have time to be on a message board is ludicrous. Oh, and there is no need for name calling little buddy.

Reactions: HawkHeel3
Now people are intelligent because they use Twitter? LOL!

It's pretty clear the bar has been lowered to what constitutes intelligence these days.
I'm not saying that using twitter is correlated with intelligence. But wouldn't it be considered intelligent to gain knowledge, challenge ones own opinions, and see different ideas from any source you could? I was merely emphasizing the strength of information that is traveling from twitter specifically. I'll say it again, breaking news - from sports to science, will be broke by an individual on twitter before any news outlet

YouTube, Twitter and Facebook just merged into one social media platform, you will love it!!

Its called YouTwitFace

;)

Oh jfc, is this shit for real? Seriously? For those of us with a real job, wife, kids, etc.... Following twits on tweeter from an 18 year old kid is, well, stupid. Grow up.

Twitter is the fastest media outlet? Lol. Who gives a crap? It is everywhere. If you listen to the media, good luck to you.

So you proved my point? Except for the fact that you're lying about your daughter not using social media, if she is truly that successful then I guarantee she utilizes social media as a tool for continued opportunities and/or definitely networking. And saying you don't have time for something as quick and easy as twitter (where information literally pops up) but you have time to be on a message board is ludicrous. Oh, and there is no need for name calling little buddy.
First of all I'm not a liar and second I'm not your little buddy. Here's a news flash, there are many successful people that are not on social media. I and many others in the business community have blocked social media from our company cell phones and computers since research shows it is one of the most detrimental activities effecting productivity in the work place today. Oh, and for what it's worth, I can go online to read the wall street journal, NY times, CR Gazette or whatever news outlet for information, I don't need twitter for unsubstantiated gossip.

I'm not saying that using twitter is correlated with intelligence. But wouldn't it be considered intelligent to gain knowledge, challenge ones own opinions, and see different ideas from any source you could? I was merely emphasizing the strength of information that is traveling from twitter specifically. I'll say it again, breaking news - from sports to science, will be broke by an individual on twitter before any news outlet
Fair enough. There are many of us that don't think it's that big of a deal to the be the first to know the latest "breaking news". In the Grand Scheme of Things, it's really of little to no importance that impacts your life personally, and certainly not immediately.

I have one of the best Smartphones money can buy, and I'm fairly technologically advanced and have several work specific tools installed on it if need be. I primarily use it to call or text people or receive calls or texts....................from people I know.

And I'm constantly fixing shit for the Twitter and Facebook crowd whose focus is not where it needs to be, on the job they are being paid handsomely to do for X amount of hours a day. Not once have they delivered earth shattering news to me that required some immediate reaction or response from me, while they're constantly "tuned in". I know, it stuns me too................................(yes, it's sarcasm).

Reactions: 24Hawkeye7
It's a sad day if you have to go to twitter to challenge your own opinions. Or rather, your opinions are lacking if you can articulate them in the format constrained by twitter.

As for breaking "news" in science - there's enough content "under the hood" in a scientific discovery that twitter barely conveys ANY useful information apart from a headline. You know where most physicists try to keep appraised of info? Try: here

Otherwise, something like twitter is, at best, an ingredient in a parsing algorithm. You look at it for the equivalent of headlines ... but if you want to learn more, you have to do some REAL searching.

I just checked my Twitter and I follow 38 people, 23 of them I follow specifically for Iowa Sports news and 3 for national College Football news. The other 12 are friends. I use Twitter solely for keeping up with Iowa Football, Basketball, Wrestling and Baseball. I only see recruits' tweets when someone in the media retweets them. Usually Blair or Marc Moorehouse.

I find myself using Facebook less and less because it is all advertisements or other stupid crap that nobody cares about. The only thing I use Facebook for anymore is to share pictures of the kids with friends and family.

First of all I'm not a liar and second I'm not your little buddy. Here's a news flash, there are many successful people that are not on social media. I and many others in the business community have blocked social media from our company cell phones and computers since research shows it is one of the most detrimental activities effecting productivity in the work place today. Oh, and for what it's worth, I can go online to read the wall street journal, NY times, CR Gazette or whatever news outlet for information, I don't need twitter for unsubstantiated gossip.
You'd be hard pressed to find a successful person not on social media. I'm not talking about someone who is stuck in a 9-5 job with nowhere to grow. I just can't believe people don't see these as the networking tools they are! And about your "unsubstantiated" gossip claim - it's about WHO you follow, it's all about finding reliable sources.

Oh jfc, is this shit for real? Seriously? For those of us with a real job, wife, kids, etc.... Following twits on tweeter from an 18 year old kid is, well, stupid. Grow up.

Twitter is the fastest media outlet? Lol. Who gives a crap? It is everywhere. If you listen to the media, good luck to you.
I'm literally dumber for having read your post

It's a sad day if you have to go to twitter to challenge your own opinions. Or rather, your opinions are lacking if you can articulate them in the format constrained by twitter.

As for breaking "news" in science - there's enough content "under the hood" in a scientific discovery that twitter barely conveys ANY useful information apart from a headline. You know where most physicists try to keep appraised of info? Try: here

Otherwise, something like twitter is, at best, an ingredient in a parsing algorithm. You look at it for the equivalent of headlines ... but if you want to learn more, you have to do some REAL searching.
Trust me, I love the Cornell online library, I have used it many times for my thesis. The whole point of my initial post was to address the fact that gunner was Sh*****g on people for the use of twitter period, and then had a baseless defense of why he thought that (all while being on a message board)

I just checked my Twitter and I follow 38 people, 23 of them I follow specifically for Iowa Sports news and 3 for national College Football news. The other 12 are friends. I use Twitter solely for keeping up with Iowa Football, Basketball, Wrestling and Baseball. I only see recruits' tweets when someone in the media retweets them. Usually Blair or Marc Moorehouse.

I find myself using Facebook less and less because it is all advertisements or other stupid crap that nobody cares about. The only thing I use Facebook for anymore is to share pictures of the kids with friends and family.

Same here. Facebook is over run with ads and now political crap. Seriously I do not need see 20 different pictures of Hilary or Trump. Not to mention all these different people going on rants about the media, black lives matter, and yada yada yada. Facebook is becoming almost unbearable. If the grandparents didn't want to see pics of the kids, I would probably get off of it. It serves no purpose anymore.

I use twitter for news and information. I do follow some athletes, but rarely tweet at them or even respond to their tweets. I use it mainly for information and news. I find stuff out on twitter an hour or two before news breaks on our local media it seems like. So its a good tool to use.

You'd be hard pressed to find a successful person not on social media. I'm not talking about someone who is stuck in a 9-5 job with nowhere to grow. I just can't believe people don't see these as the networking tools they are! And about your "unsubstantiated" gossip claim - it's about WHO you follow, it's all about finding reliable sources.

So if you don't use twitter you have no chance of being smart, rich or successful. Got it. Im going to get my 4 year old signed up tonight. I've had twitter for 2 years now. I'm glad I got signed up.

So if you don't use twitter you have no chance of being smart, rich or successful. Got it. Im going to get my 4 year old signed up tonight. I've had twitter for 2 years now. I'm glad I got signed up.
Alright man, that's a crass generalization, stop just trying to be argumentative. If you've read all my posts in this thread, and THAT'S what you got from it, then I apologize. As far as the business side, you'd be hard pressed to find a business that does not have an active social media department, from start-ups and small business to fortune 500 companies. People do use twitter for different reason IE. to troll, shout, cry, whatever it is, all I'm saying is that there are multiple ways in order to use it as a tool. Just like anything else, you still have to find your way through a lot of BS to get to a reliable source, but it's there. I mean, just ask the guy who runs this site.
Edit: I'm just happy you made it in time ;) hahah

Alright man, that's a crass generalization, stop just trying to be argumentative. If you've read all my posts in this thread, and THAT'S what you got from it, then I apologize. As far as the business side, you'd be hard pressed to find a business that does not have an active social media department, from start-ups and small business to fortune 500 companies. People do use twitter for different reason IE. to troll, shout, cry, whatever it is, all I'm saying is that there are multiple ways in order to use it as a tool. Just like anything else, you still have to find your way through a lot of BS to get to a reliable source, but it's there. I mean, just ask the guy who runs this site.
Edit: I'm just happy you made it in time ;) hahah
So tell me more about these small businesses using Social media we are a company of 150 and have yet to use or want to use it.And btw business is booming.

So tell me more about these small businesses using Social media we are a company of 150 and have yet to use or want to use it.And btw business is booming.
That's awesome man! I'm happy to hear it. There's not much to "tell" about social media? Other than it is a great way to promote your goods or services to a much wider base of people. Honestly, I am happy for your company, but if you can't see how social media can improve a company in many ways, then I'm not the guy you need to be talking to.

That's awesome man! I'm happy to hear it. There's not much to "tell" about social media? Other than it is a great way to promote your goods or services to a much wider base of people. Honestly, I am happy for your company, but if you can't see how social media can improve a company in many ways, then I'm not the guy you need to be talking to.
Nah we prefer great product and a loyal customer base but hey carry on.

It depends on your clientele and whether or not you're looking to/struggling to expand. Some companies would be very well served to have a social media presence. Some it really wouldn't matter at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT