ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone want to see my kid’s 85 yard touchdown last night?

Great run
Pretty big back
How much does he weigh?

Yep. First HS touchdown. He was moved to the OLine last year out of necessity. 2nd carry of the year. He’s caught a couple passes, but is mainly used as a blocker.
I was 6'2" 180 in high school, and could've been a good TE, but because I was taller and bigger than most of the other kids at a smaller school, I was relegated to the line. Of course, even only 15 years ago times were a little more different than they are now.

I'm seeing coaches over the years open up to the idea of giving more athletes a chance to be a playmaker as opposed to the old tradition of "welp, you're a big kid = offensive line 4 life"........

I don't know what is more impressive, his 85 yard run, or the fact he didn't succumb to Covid along the way.:eek:LOL Sorry, just a weak joke for our doomsday Covidsters...... But, I am very glad he is getting the chance to play. Good luck to him the rest of the season. ;)

Thanks!

Our school is doing an outstanding job with mask wearing. I’m impressed with the percentage of kids wearing masks. The entire football team is masked up during the school day. We are doing our part to keep football going.

My oldest son decided to play football for the first time when he was a senior at Lisbon. During the season he caught 5 balls and each of them went for touchdowns! One was a bomb of 75 yards, one was a 45 catch and run, another was another bomb that he came down with from 50 yards, another one was a 35 yarder catch that he somehow came down with in the end zone when he, for all practical purposes, had three guys draped all over him. The last one was another throw and catch from 25 yards out and simply ran away from two opponents. That team his senior year was pretty good. The next year Lisbon won a state title.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT