ADVERTISEMENT

AOC FTW

I don't think we're that far apart on this topic. My point is this.... if it is decided that the tax payer is going to pay $1.9T to people who need help during the pandemic, then why don't they get more? If half of the population hasn't been negatively affected, then you could send those families that need help 2X the $22K per family. Send them $44K (not saying that's the actual number). But when I see $600M being sent to San Francisco as a part of the Bill, it stinks of politics (a certain politicians home town). I would just rather see this money sent to people who actually need it and to programs that are actually financially strapped because of the pandemic. Whether REP or DEM directives, I wish we were better with managing the money and sending it to more appropriate and helpful programs. It's both parties. One last thing, I rarely watch FOX and I am not a Donald Trump fan. Just an fyi.
Lol, $600m to one of the nation's largest metro area "stinks of politics," what then did $20bn to Texas for their free market, anti-regulatory nonsense stink of?

"$1.9t in tax payer money" will have to be repaid. Yup, and much of it by those same taxpayers that received $2t in tax cuts under trump 3 years ago. And the only way any of it is going to be paid off is by raising taxes.

Local government directly impacts individuals and this bill helps in that regard.

I agree with you on that. The problem I have with it is that those cities debts were there LONG before Covid and so why is a "Covid" bill used to pay off their debt that they had already ran up? Why build bridges and tunnels in politicians districts as apart of the bill? Everyone should ask these questions. Shouldn't those be a part of the upcoming infrastructure discussions? Nothing to do with covid at all.

I don't think we're that far apart on this topic. My point is this.... if it is decided that the tax payer is going to pay $1.9T to people who need help during the pandemic, then why don't they get more? If half of the population hasn't been negatively affected, then you could send those families that need help 2X the $22K per family. Send them $44K (not saying that's the actual number). But when I see $600M being sent to San Francisco as a part of the Bill, it stinks of politics (a certain politicians home town). I would just rather see this money sent to people who actually need it and to programs that are actually financially strapped because of the pandemic. Whether REP or DEM directives, I wish we were better with managing the money and sending it to more appropriate and helpful programs. It's both parties. One last thing, I rarely watch FOX and I am not a Donald Trump fan. Just an fyi.

You still don't seem to get how this works. We aren't paying $1.9T, there is no bill that gets sent out to to all Americans or to only families of four to pay their share of the $1.9T by the end of the year.

The rest of your comments are similarly detached from reality that it isn't worth the effort to go through each one. Making it worse is your lack of paragraphs that makes it more difficult to parse your writing.

From what I can tell, you'd be better off just explaining that you don't like the bill but you aren't sure why.

If Fox isn't doing this, I am curious what is, just your imagination? Glad to hear it about Trump though.

Reactions: PackerHawkeye1
Lol, $600m to one of the nation's largest metro area "stinks of politics," what then did $20bn to Texas for their free market, anti-regulatory nonsense stink of?

"$1.9t in tax payer money" will have to be repaid. Yup, and much of it by those same taxpayers that received $2t in tax cuts under trump 3 years ago. And the only way any of it is going to be paid off is by raising taxes.

I agree.

You still don't seem to get how this works. We aren't paying $1.9T, there is no bill that gets sent out to to all Americans or to only families of four to pay their share of the $1.9T by the end of the year.

The rest of your comments are similarly detached from reality that it isn't worth the effort to go through each one. Making it worse is your lack of paragraphs that makes it more difficult to parse your writing.

From what I can tell, you'd be better off just explaining that you don't like the bill but you aren't sure why.

If Fox isn't doing this, I am curious what is, just your imagination? Glad to hear it about Trump though.

Dude, where the F does the $1.9T come from then? Who do you think is actually going to pay for it? That's why a lot of people are broke and in major debt in this country, because they don't understand debt vs revenue. Thanks for the English speech. Appreciated.

Reactions: kwik44
Dude, where the F does the $1.9T come from then? Who do you think is actually going to pay for it? That's why a lot of people are broke and in major debt in this country, because they don't understand debt vs revenue. Thanks for the English speech. Appreciated.

It comes from the United States Treasury. Some of it is "paid" for by taxes, some of it is financed by creditors, some of it will be "created" and paid for through inflation. A country's monetary and fiscal policy is not as simple as a house hold.

To help illustrate this concept, try a thought experiment: What happens when you photocopy $20 bills and try to pay a business with it? It's a crime.

Is he the eye patch guy?
tWSbIuB.png

Crenshaw is lying. It's what he does. Republicans supported the same thing when it was going to be signed by Trump. Democrats also supported it. Now it's a Democrat thing - they all vote no. The 2 sides are not the same. You can see it just by watching the difference between Trump and Biden and how they actually do their job. Cons didn't have a problem with the cost giving 1.2 trillion to corporations and the wealthy. But helping everyday Americans? Can't afford it. They are scum.
As long as you live, remember...

Trump wanted to give everyone $2000 and your side blocked it. Probably mostly because they wanted to stick it to Trump and not give him a win before the election. Too much for the sheep and not enough for the special interests.

So take your whataboutism and shove it up your ass, you fake, morally bankrupt, needs to be fired "educator"... and I use that term lightly. I doubt you teach much of anything.

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated

Trump wanted to give everyone $2000 and your side blocked it. Probably mostly because they wanted to stick it to Trump and not give him a win before the election. Too much for the sheep and not enough for the special interests.

So take your whataboutism and shove it up your ass, you fake, morally bankrupt, needs to be fired "educator"... and I use that term lightly. I doubt you teach much of anything.
2 little paragraphs full of lies and bullshit. When did the Democrats block Trump's relief bill? Quick googling shows Republicans block, back in December, when Trump was president.

Don't stay stupid forever.

This is not true at all. Like, there isn’t even a shred of truth behind it. Trump wanted $2000 stimulus checks. Democrats in both the House and Senate tried to pass $2000 stimulus checks and the Republicans blocked it.

Do you ever tire of being wrong about literally everything?

Last edited:
Vox should be right up there with infowars as a media source that shouldn’t be taken seriously.
Is this a source you approve of? Vox has the same info.

This is not true at all. Like, there isn’t even a shred of truth behind it. Trump wanted $2000 stimulus checks. Democrats in both the House and Senate tried to pass $2000 stimulus checks and the Republicans blocked it.

He must not. It's almost like a Jedi mind trick...I know he's 180 degrees off but I have to double check it anyway. He needs to start using google before posting.

Vox should be right up there with infowars as a media source that shouldn’t be taken seriously.
It's all over when you google it. I just picked one from December, Sal. So what you're telling me is you think the Democrats actually blocked covid relief? That's what you're selling?

I should have known a thread started by Joe about AOC wouldn’t contain the one thing we all care about when it comes to her.....

It's all over when you google it. I just picked one from December, Sal. So what you're telling me is you think the Democrats actually blocked covid relief? That's what you're selling?

I’m selling that Vox is a very misleading news source and like Info Wars, has contributed to the mass political misinformation campaigns of the last decade or so.

2 little paragraphs full of lies and bullshit. When did the Democrats block Trump's relief bill? Quick googling shows Republicans block, back in December, when Trump was president.

Don't stay stupid forever.

She demanded "unanimous consent" its the same thing.

Did you in any way shape or form look at what the Dems in the house put in that bill and why the Reps blocked it? Nah lets not take those things into account when we discuss what Trump wanted to do. Dems tried to use that thing to push through stupid liberal agenda items as a guise they were going to help Americans. Can't be a simple bill to give folks 2G can it? Gotta shove pork and BS liberal items in it!

She demanded "unanimous consent" its the same thing.

Lololololololololololol.

The Democrats trying to pass $2000 checks by unanimous consent, and Republicans blocking it, is now the same thing as Democrats themselves blocking it?

Lolololololololololololol. Not even you are dumb enough to believe that one.

Just heard from a friend that the $1400 can be garnished to debt collectors. Anyone know if this is true. Too lazy to google.

LOL none of this post is real.

Did you in any way shape or form look at what the Dems in the house put in that bill and why the Reps blocked it? Nah lets not take those things into account when we discuss what Trump wanted to do. Dems tried to use that thing to push through stupid liberal agenda items as a guise they were going to help Americans. Can't be a simple bill to give folks 2G can it? Gotta shove pork and BS liberal items in it!
Stay in your lane, bro. Coloradonoles said the D's blocked that stimulus. By your own admission above, it was the R's.

Reactions: Joes Place
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT