ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Appreciating a Golden Era of Iowa WBB

RossWB

HR Heisman
Staff
Feb 1, 2006
via @BraydonRoberts5

I started doing recaps, season previews, etc. for Iowa women’s basketball back in 2017. At the time, the team didn’t receive a ton of coverage. The local papers covered most games and the team played a few games per year on TV, but that was largely it. The 2014-2015 team made the Sweet 16, but missed the NCAA Tournament the next two years.

As I prepared for my first season of coverage, I thought the 2017-2018 team had potential. Megan Gustafson looked like a breakout star, and the team’s sophomore class led by Kathleen Doyle and Makenzie Meyer had done well as freshmen after being one of the top-rated recruiting classes in the country.

But I didn’t think Iowa would be in the Elite Eight two years later. That a generational talent from West Des Moines would commit to Iowa in 2019 and change women’s college basketball forever.

In the midst of another great season, I want to take some time to appreciate the key pieces of a Golden Era of Iowa women’s basketball.

MORE HERE: https://iowa.rivals.com/news/appreciating-a-golden-era-of-iowa-wbb

This is long, but well worth a read. We're certainly in a great time for Iowa women's basketball. All credit to @BraydonRoberts5 -- I'm just posting this on his behalf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT