ADVERTISEMENT

Are ISU fan's still bragging about their viewership numbers?

Pivot table or it didn’t happen. Some poster who was pretty bold, brash and confident made that rule. That poster has been fairly conspicuous with their absence since the 2020* numbers have been shown to be an outlier. Perhaps LC can do a wellness check on the poster?
He's fine. And what he posted was correct. That was what I was supporting, along with the fact that you guys were ripping him for something he didn't write. And apparently still are.

He's fine. And what he posted was correct. That was what I was supporting, along with the fact that you guys were ripping him for something he didn't write. And apparently still are.

It was stupid because he used a Covid year that is clearly an outlier. Plus that data he used didn't include Iowa's game against PSU last year and Iowa's game against Michigan got cancelled.

Sorry we struck a nerve about your troll friend? How dare I give an update on how we are comparing to our main rival on our own fan board.

Truly sickening display of sportsmanship on my end.

Glad he is doing fine. You painted with a pretty broad brush. His information was correct and accurate. The push back or 'ripping' was based on the veiled inferences on what the information represented. Continuing to ignore or dismiss any additional information that was contradictory and saying 'I don't have a pivot table with that information' was where the 'ripping' came from. Unlike you he appears to only want to be here when things are good. I tip my cap to you, rain or shine, right or wrong you are here supporting your team and being objective. The other poster not so much.

Reactions: Ree4
I don't think there was a claim of health issues on this one.
I know Hayes_30 did it last year during bball season but was on other sites posting daily. I guess when you make a prediction that the clones bball roster was better than Iowa 2-12 and than go on to win 2 games all season, bad health follows.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I know Hayes_30 did it last year during bball season but was on other sites posting daily. I guess when you make a prediction that the clones bball roster was better than Iowa 2-12 and than go on to win 2 games all season, bad health follows.
The quintessential jinx!

😉

cough-cough-cough.gif

Glad he is doing fine. You painted with a pretty broad brush. His information was correct and accurate. The push back or 'ripping' was based on the veiled inferences on what the information represented. Continuing to ignore or dismiss any additional information that was contradictory and saying 'I don't have a pivot table with that information' was where the 'ripping' came from. Unlike you he appears to only want to be here when things are good. I tip my cap to you, rain or shine, right or wrong you are here supporting your team and being objective. The other poster not so much.
I am still around, but haven't started to download the 2021 data yet. I intend too. After I pull it off the website, it's take a lot of work to get it in a form you can analyze. It starts by fixing all the different ways they abbreviate a team. It takes time which I don't have much of right now. I had the misfortune to get elected to a homeowners association board as we takeover management of a condo building that I have a unit in. I never thought they would want a part time owner like me to be on the board.

If you look back at my history over years of message boards, I stop over to a rival's board when they are talking about my team. There hasn't been a lot of talk about ISU on this board the last few weeks. I've stopped over a time or two, but saw nothing and left.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
I am still around, but haven't started to download the 2021 data yet. I intend too. After I pull it off the website, it's take a lot of work to get it in a form you can analyze. It starts by fixing all the different ways they abbreviate a team. It takes time which I don't have much of right now. I had the misfortune to get elected to a homeowners association board as we takeover management of a condo building that I have a unit in. I never thought they would want a part time owner like me to be on the board.

If you look back at my history over years of message boards, I stop over to a rival's board when they are talking about my team. There hasn't been a lot of talk about ISU on this board the last few weeks. I've stopped over a time or two, but saw nothing and left.

IOWA: 17.2 million total viewers
ISU: 6.77 million total viewers

It's not surprising that after you saw those numbers, you've suddenly become the busiest person on the planet with no time for pivot tables.

You can probably spend that time elsewhere. With Iowa woodshedding ISU in viewership numbers as bad as they are, it would be a pretty futile effort to try and spin ISU in a more favorable light than Iowa in this regard.

Nobody's telling you not to, so if you want to, by all means. Maybe after the season is over, we'll get you to admit 2020 was an aberration and not the norm.

In other words, you are waiting for Isu's games against Texas & Ok. The clowns, like every other team in the B12, derive 50% of their yearly viewership from those two games. It's going to be a ratings bloodbath once they're gone.

I can’t wait to read the juicy posts on the clown report once it gets out that KF made the mid-season Dodd Coach of the Year Award while god himself Matty Campbell is nowhere to be seen.

Still difficult to see who the "big viewership team " will be in the reshaped Big12.

I don't think they'll have one.

Not BYU. Cincy? LOL. Definitely not Houston.

That's a whole lot of "meh".

Reactions: Franisdaman

It's not surprising that after you saw those numbers, you've suddenly become the busiest person on the planet with no time for pivot tables.

You can probably spend that time elsewhere. With Iowa woodshedding ISU in viewership numbers as bad as they are, it would be a pretty futile effort to try and spin ISU in a more favorable light than Iowa in this regard.

Nobody's telling you not to, so if you want to, by all means. Maybe after the season is over, we'll get you to admit 2020 was an aberration and not the norm.
As the leader of the isu fan base, CyTwins would say, YIKES.

The viewership beat down is almost as bad as the football game beat down.

Last edited:
Reactions: Franisdaman
Still difficult to see who the "big viewership team " will be in the reshaped Big12.

I don't think they'll have one.

Not BYU. Cincy? LOL. Definitely not Houston.

That's a whole lot of "meh".

This is what makes it hard to mess with them too much. They're in serious trouble. Honestly feel bad.

In other words, you are waiting for Isu's games against Texas & Ok. The clowns, like every other team in the B12, derive 50% of their yearly viewership from those two games. It's going to be a ratings bloodbath once they're gone.
There is no question the big dogs drive viewers. That's not unique to Iowa State. But 50% of viewership from what was three games against those two of ISU's 12 games total in 2020 is overstating it a bit. The actual numbers for those games represented 37.9% of total viewers in what was 25% of Iowa State's games.

Games against Oklahoma State (2.8M) and Kansas State (2.0M) drew nice numbers. Heck even the Louisiana game drew good numbers (1.7M). I guess everybody loves a train wreck.

What is more notable is the channel games are on. FS1 is the kiss of death for good numbers and Iowa State had three games on FS1 averaging only 350K. The top two teams in terms of viewers in both the Big 12 and the Big Ten had one game on FS1, so it's kind of a chicken or the egg thing. You're not going to get an ABC game very often playing Kansas or Rutgers.

There is no question the big dogs drive viewers. That's not unique to Iowa State. But 50% of viewership from what was three games against those two of ISU's 12 games total in 2020 is overstating it a bit. The actual numbers for those games represented 37.9% of total viewers in what was 25% of Iowa State's games.

Games against Oklahoma State (2.8M) and Kansas State (2.0M) drew nice numbers. Heck even the Louisiana game drew good numbers (1.7M). I guess everybody loves a train wreck.

What is more notable is the channel games are on. FS1 is the kiss of death for good numbers and Iowa State had three games on FS1 averaging only 350K. The top two teams in terms of viewers in both the Big 12 and the Big Ten had one game on FS1, so it's kind of a chicken or the egg thing. You're not going to get an ABC game very often playing Kansas or Rutgers.
And therein lies the built in clone excuses. It's the only thing your fanbase can hold on too after getting beat by Iowa for the 6th time in a row, Gameday in Ames making an Iowa hawkeye infomercial, going from top 10 to not ranked in 4 short weeks, only winning 2 bball games all of last year, having Foster kicked off the team for sexual assault and the big kick in the nuts is losing major conference status in a few years. I could go on and on but keep believing clones outdraw Iowa in viewership numbers. It's just another clone delusion that we all know only happens in a pandemic year. Facts are facts and clone fans like you have a hard time understanding what really is going to happen to clone athletics after Oklahoma and Texas leave. All I can say is....Yikes

Last edited:

You can think whatever you want about me. My interest when I started analyzing these viewer numbers was not about ISU versus Iowa. It only got to be an ISU vs Iowa thing when some people on this board were spouting off things that were highly inaccurate.

And therein lies the built in clone excuses. It's the only thing your fanbase can hold on too after getting beat by Iowa for the 6th time in a row, Gameday in Ames making an Iowa hawkeye infomercial, going from top 10 to not ranked in 4 short weeks, only winning 2 bball games all off last year, having Foster kicked off the team for sexual assault and the big kick in the nuts is losing major conference status in a few years. I could go on and on but keep believing clones outdraw Iowa in viewership numbers. It's just another clone delusion that we all know only happens in a pandemic year. Facts are facts and clone fans like you have a hard time understanding what really is going to happen to clone athletics after Oklahoma and Texas leave. All I can say is....Yikes
The delusion is you stating falsehoods about what I have said or what I believe.

The delusion is you stating falsehoods about what I have said or what I believe.
Have fun in a mid-major...Good thing Pollard got approval on that bridge before this realignment happens. That entertainment district Pollard's been touting over the last 3 years is just another clone pipe dream.

I don’t question your facts. I question your inability to acknowledge any other facts. You have an overwhelming base of knowledge on the 2020 season and little to no knowledge of any seasons before or after. That to me is a bit odd and out of character.

Reactions: Ree4
You can think whatever you want about me. My interest when I started analyzing these viewer numbers was not about ISU versus Iowa. It only got to be an ISU vs Iowa thing when some people on this board were spouting off things that were highly inaccurate.

I think people on this board got annoyed when you started threading needles and using technicalities for the 2020 season and acting as if that were some sort of "trend". You'd also discount anything that was presented to you if it didn't agree with your pivot table.

I remember several posters providing numbers from 2019 where things were at least somewhat equal, and you demanded we use 2020 numbers where things weren't close to equal.

Now that things are back to normal, Iowa is destroying ISU in TV ratings. Tell me if this is inaccurate: Iowa vs Penn St had more viewers than the first 6 ISU games combined. Go ahead and act like it was all Penn State fans watching, but that ONE game had a larger audience than 2 P5 CCGs last year...combined.

You should probably see your way out of this conversation, but if you'd like to stick around to be proven wrong some more, be my guest.

you demanded we use 2020 numbers
I did no such thing. I stated that the 2020 numbers were the only ones I analyzed. I did that because it was the current year. I know the perspective of 2020 looks a lot different from fans of a conference that originally decided there would be no football, than those that planned to play from the start. With a few exceptions, it felt like a normal season to a Big 12 fan once you got adjusted to fewer fans in attendance and no tailgating.

The latter was actually kind of fun. We tailgated at the Club Room of my condo for a few of the games, then made the short drive to the stadium shortly before kickoff. No traffic. Parked right next to the entrance. I could leave my condo and be in my seat in less than 10 minutes.

Tell me if this is inaccurate: Iowa vs Penn St had more viewers than the first 6 ISU games combined.

I don't doubt that's true. That game was a big one with national playoff implications. And the Purdue game was likely a big draw too expecially when people learned of an upset in the making. Other than the Iowa game, Iowa State's front half schedule was not filled with ratings drivers. The last half of the schedule is backloaded with games that may draw more interest having multiple games with potential conference championship implications.

What is more notable is the channel games are on. FS1 is the kiss of death for good numbers and Iowa State had three games on FS1 averaging only 350K.
The Iowa - Penn State game was on FS1.
Edit: it was on Fox. Sorry.
Still...

Excuses are like...well, you know the rest.

Last edited:

Here are some viewership numbers from FS1 so far this season:

Michigan St. v. Indiana - 1.28 million
Iowa v. Maryland - 1.38 million
Nebby v. Michigan St. - 1.66 million
Tulsa v. Ohio St. - 1.83 million
Va. Tech v. W. Virginia - 932k

Just because ISU can't get viewers to tune into FS1 doesn't mean the same is true for everyone.

Just because ISU can't get viewers to tune into FS1 doesn't mean the same is true for everyone.
This. And MAYBE it's the product IA State is selling that limits their draw?

Psy isn’t done breaking down every team in cfb yet so he can’t analyze that. Sorry he is busy trying to determine if UIU is Upper Iowa and what their viewer numbers are. He will be able to get around to it when things are favorable to ISU. Then his calendar will surprisingly clear and he will be able to analyze numbers in real time. It is rather amusing how he portrays his endeavors.

Reactions: Gonzo Bloor
Psy isn’t done breaking down every team in cfb yet so he can’t analyze that. Sorry he is busy trying to determine if UIU is Upper Iowa and what their viewer numbers are. He will be able to get around to it when things are favorable to ISU. Then his calendar will surprisingly clear and he will be able to analyze numbers in real time. It is rather amusing how he portrays his endeavors.
To be more precise, I can't finish until I start. And I haven't started.

I was on vacation for a couple weeks, then got elected to the board of my homeowners association which is in the process of transitioning management of our place from the developer to the homeowners. They selected me to be the treasurer and I'm busy trying to understand the budget and the balance sheet. I'm using my computer skills to get things organized for the association and board. Yesterday I oversaw the inspection of all the mechanical and HVAC systems, which took most of the day.

Last night and tonight I attended volleyball matches, which I just got back from. Tomorrow the entire day will be focus on tailgating and watching football. Then next week starts off with more homeowners meetings and participation in an Iowa State study. Then I head back home to Cedar Rapids from Ames for a couple days for an eye appointment, haircut, yard work and hopefully a trip to the chiropractor. I need that after wrecking my back trying to remove a bunch of tree roots that the stump grinder missed. I lost 36 trees in the derecho. Then toward the end of the week I've been invited to fly down to the Big 12 Cross Country meet with our athletic director. So yes, I really am busy right now and have other priorities.

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk and BBHawk

I was on vacation for a couple weeks, then got elected to the board of my homeowners association which is in the process of transitioning management of our place from the developer to the homeowners. They selected me to be the treasurer and I'm busy trying to understand the budget and the balance sheet. I'm using my computer skills to get things organized for the association and board. Yesterday I oversaw the inspection of all the mechanical and HVAC systems, which took most of the day.

Last night and tonight I attended volleyball matches, which I just got back from. Tomorrow the entire day will be focus on tailgating and watching football. Then next week starts off with more homeowners meetings and participation in an Iowa State study. Then I head back home to Cedar Rapids from Ames for a couple days for an eye appointment, haircut, yard work and hopefully a trip to the chiropractor. I need that after wrecking my back trying to remove a bunch of tree roots that the stump grinder missed. I lost 36 trees in the derecho. Then toward the end of the week I've been invited to fly down to the Big 12 Cross Country meet with our athletic director. So yes, I really am busy right now and have other priorities.
Here we go again. The season is halfway over. Excuses are like...

This is almost as creative as saying you have been and will continue to be tied up in meetings with Art Vandelay to discuss whether he should quit the exporting and focus just on the importing.

Here we go again. The season is halfway over. Excuses are like...
Well we were only two games into it when I left on vacation. And of course it started in Las Vegas for the ISU game and continued in north San Diego county with a side trip to Borrego Springs mixed in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT