ADVERTISEMENT

Are these reasonable expectations for the Iowa basketball program?

Power 5 teams have every advantage in the world. Listening to Gary Parrish on the radio in KC right now. We talk about the disadvantages Iowa has playing in the Big Ten gives them way more advantages than disadvantages. You play no true road games in the preseason, so you should fatten up on 9-10 wins automatically in the preseason. The majority of your conference games are quad 1 and 2 games. Play 500 in those games along with taking care of business in the preseason and you make the tournament every year. I honestly expect to make it 4 out of every 5 years. Not as a top 3-4 seed, but at a 8-9 seed pretty much every year. A decent coach can do that.

Were Charlottesville and Ames considered neutral games or home games then?

Were Charlottesville and Ames considered neutral games or home games then?
Wow, you got me there. The only reason we played UVA was because of the ACC challenge. And we play the clones home and home every year, so next year there’s a good chance all our non con games are home games. Possibly a neutral site tournament. Go take a look at all Power 5 team schedules. In a lot of cases zero true road games, if you’re playing another power 5 in most cases it’s on a neutral court. Anything else I said you want to argue about?

Wow, you got me there. The only reason we played UVA was because of the ACC challenge. And we play the clones home and home every year, so next year there’s a good chance all our non con games are home games. Possibly a neutral site tournament. Go take a look at all Power 5 team schedules. In a lot of cases zero true road games, if you’re playing another power 5 in most cases it’s on a neutral court. Anything else I said you want to argue about?

There are teams that don’t have a true road game. There are years where Iowa won’t which is definitely the exception and not the rule. Between the Gavitt Games, ACC/B1G, and Iowa State it’s pretty rare that Iowa won’t play a true road game each year.

The only reason we played away games is because we played away games?

Reactions: iahawks10
Are we still drooling over ISU?

FLJ5DQ2XIAYV-Wj

ADVERTISEMENT