ADVERTISEMENT

Arland Bruce has arrived & is practicing w/ Brody Brecht at Ankeny. FINALLY, ON OCTOBER 1, Ruled ELIGIBLE to Play.

They have zero business checking living arrangements beyond having a residence and attending school. If they falsified information go after them. Otherwise what you are doing to bullshit

So what if she is going back and forth to Kansas City to see her other kids.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
They have zero business checking living arrangements beyond having a residence and attending school. If they falsified information go after them. Otherwise what you are doing to bullshit

So what if she is going back and forth to Kansas City to see her other kids.
Well, it might mean in their view that she doesn't actually live here. If she is "renting" a room in someones basement and spends more actual time in Kansas than Iowa, maybe the iahsaa doesn't think that is legit form of residency. That's all hypothetical by the way and I am just playing devil's advocate. I don't know any details.

I know several yrs ago three brothers transferred to a new school in the dws Moines area for athletic purposes and someone turned them in. The iahsaa checked into the place they supposedly moved into and it was like a one bedroom apt over a shop. They had a lease and everything but the iahsaa said the accommodations weren't legit for the family and ruled them ineligible and they had to sit for 90 days.

Well, it might mean in their view that she doesn't actually live here. If she is "renting" a room in someones basement and spends more actual time in Kansas than Iowa, maybe the iahsaa doesn't think that is legit form of residency. That's all hypothetical by the way and I am just playing devil's advocate. I don't know any details.

I know several yrs ago three brothers transferred to a new school in the dws Moines area for athletic purposes and someone turned them in. The iahsaa checked into the place they supposedly moved into and it was like a one bedroom apt over a shop. They had a lease and everything but the iahsaa said the accommodations weren't legit for the family and ruled them ineligible and they had to sit for 90 days.

And it is the reason that others were not granted eligibility this season, it is not like Bruce is the only one not being allowed to play thus far.

Legend - asked you a bunch of times what do you think of Hanson’s ruling? I mean he has zero prejudice (like hating me), reviewed all the evidence including what the Association offered and argued. Are you trying to create new evidence? The Association turned over their argument with documents. Yep I mean your hatred for me has crushed your ability to think. Listen to hour 2 of the Murph and Andy show as well. They have no dog in the fight and actually think I know what I am doing and what the merits are. You really are sick. Seriously your hatred for me is scary.

Legend - asked you a bunch of times what do you think of Hanson’s ruling? I mean he has zero prejudice (like hating me), reviewed all the evidence including what the Association offered and argued. Are you trying to create new evidence? The Association turned over their argument with documents. Yep I mean your hatred for me has crushed your ability to think. Listen to hour 2 of the Murph and Andy show as well. They have no dog in the fight and actually think I know what I am doing and what the merits are. You really are sick. Seriously your hatred for me is scary.

I'm still waiting for a link to any of the articles you have talked about and the name of the kid who arrived last Tuesday and played Friday night.

Hanson is a known Iowa fan...how can you claim he has zero prejudice after accusing many on here of being racists without knowing anything about them?

Wow Legend. If anything have you considered Judge Hanson bent over backwards to be fair? As I said, you hate me. Fine. You hate everyone. Please though deconstruct his opinion . Because you are all smart and all. Jesus you have lost it. Seriously buddy. I didn’t argue for the other side. They had counsel at the biggest firm in the state. Judge Hanson may have gone to Iowa and also Stanford but last I checked I just lost. So not sure how he is prejudiced? I lost buddy. Be happy an Iowa recruit can’t play. Not my fault the Judge said he should win in the appeal process. The Judge actually looks at the facts and the law regardless of who argues unlike you. You are a bad person Legend. Happy 8 other kids that (non Hawk recruits) are playing tomorrow. Once again Legend, the Judge made a ruling after reviewing everything both sides submitted and argued. Take your bitch up with him. Sick.

Legend - and it ain’t hard to look shit up on the internet. I got my info from reporters and others in the sports world but all public info. Not hard to look up except I know you. You already did and know you look bad. I already gave names. Hell teams. Ain’t long division. You look like an old, worn out, sorry, asshole. Jesus when the guy posted saying everyone hates you I thought he was kidding. Nope he was right. You are a miserable SOB

Legend - and it ain’t hard to look shit up on the internet. I got my info from reporters and others in the sports world but all public info. Not hard to look up except I know you. You already did and know you look bad. I already gave names. Hell teams. Ain’t long division. You look like an old, worn out, sorry, asshole. Jesus when the guy posted saying everyone hates you I thought he was kidding. Nope he was right. You are a miserable SOB

No, you didn't give the name of the kid who arrived in town last Tuesday and played Friday night. What is the name of that kid? Then we can look into his circumstances.

Wow Legend. If anything have you considered Judge Hanson bent over backwards to be fair? As I said, you hate me. Fine. You hate everyone. Please though deconstruct his opinion . Because you are all smart and all. Jesus you have lost it. Seriously buddy. I didn’t argue for the other side. They had counsel at the biggest firm in the state. Judge Hanson may have gone to Iowa and also Stanford but last I checked I just lost. So not sure how he is prejudiced? I lost buddy. Be happy an Iowa recruit can’t play. Not my fault the Judge said he should win in the appeal process. The Judge actually looks at the facts and the law regardless of who argues unlike you. You are a bad person Legend. Happy 8 other kids that (non Hawk recruits) are playing tomorrow. Once again Legend, the Judge made a ruling after reviewing everything both sides submitted and argued. Take your bitch up with him. Sick.

8 other kids? First it was 20. Then 10. Now 8. It is almost like you are just making stuff up this entire thread to get people to be on your side.

And I never said Hanson was prejudiced one way or the other in this case.

Legend - the reporter said 20 kids. And I said after I asked for more due diligence the reporter said it is 10 kids. 8 were ruled eligible. I think there was another who was ruled not eligible after the repeater told me. You really are a bad person. I said what I was told. And JFC look on the paper. I did all your work to follow what I said.

And you did say Hanson was a prejudiced Hawk fan. Than lo God as people have said your opinion really is nothing. You maybe actually don’t discriminate you hate everyone all the time. What a life.

And Legend you can’t look into circumstances of minors and their families unless you want to violate the law. You really are f’d up. These are minors you nut.

And you did say Hanson was a prejudiced Hawk fan. Than lo God as people have said your opinion really is nothing. You maybe actually don’t discriminate you hate everyone all the time. What a life.

Never once did I say he was prejudiced. Your history for making things up and creating narratives in your head is the sign of a crazy person.

And Legend you can’t look into circumstances of minors and their families unless you want to violate the law. You really are f’d up. These are minors you nut.

Violate the law? LMAO! How many times in this thread alone did you ask people to look into other kids and their situations?

Or better yet, here is a quote from you: "The QB from Valley’s Dad still has a business in Colorado. And I can go through all the kids. "

Did you violate the law by looking up that info?

I don’t see why their race matters.

I'm still waiting for a link to any of the articles you have talked about and the name of the kid who arrived last Tuesday and played Friday night.

Hanson is a known Iowa fan...how can you claim he has zero prejudice after accusing many on here of being racists without knowing anything about them?

Pretty serious accusation against a judge. Might want to walk that back a bit

Reactions: bunsen82
Violate the law? LMAO! How many times in this thread alone did you ask people to look into other kids and their situations?

Or better yet, here is a quote from you: "The QB from Valley’s Dad still has a business in Colorado. And I can go through all the kids. "

Did you violate the law by looking up that info?
I believe he is referring to a state agency essentially looking into kids living arrangements without cause. Going into someone's home to evaluate how they are living and judge them as parents usually requires the involvement of the department of human services and needs a foundation to investigate. What we have here are people with zero controls and zero training working for a state agency entering the homes of kids to evaluate living arrangements. Not in the best interest of the kid of course but in order to take something away from kids.

Like I said earlier it is bullshit. If they are paying rent and enrolled in school that is and should be enough. If there is evidence of fraud that is an issue for law enforcement not some good ole boy from ihsaa.

I believe he is referring to a state agency essentially looking into kids living arrangements without cause. Going into someone's home to evaluate how they are living and judge them as parents usually requires the involvement of the department of human services and needs a foundation to investigate. What we have here are people with zero controls and zero training working for a state agency entering the homes of kids to evaluate living arrangements. Not in the best interest of the kid of course but in order to take something away from kids.

Like I said earlier it is bullshit. If they are paying rent and enrolled in school that is and should be enough. If there is evidence of fraud that is an issue for law enforcement not some good ole boy from ihsaa.
LOL the IAHSAA did not enter anyone's home.

Look, I explained this several times. I know it's fashionable to think of the IAHSAA as the big bad wolf, but in these eligibility situations, it is the responsibility of the school to gather information and determine initial eligibility. The school then sends that in for review. So while it fits in with the narrative of many on this board that the IAHSAA waited until the last possible second to rule AB was ineligible, and they did so likely to just be dicks, and maybe even Iowa Hawkeye hatin' racist dicks, the fact is they start their work when the school finishes theirs. In fact, not only did the Association not intentionally wait until the last possible second on purpose, it's quite possible they rushed the process to provide an answer prior to the first game as a courtesy to the school to avoid the player participating in a game that would later have to be forfeited.

No one involved in this case is taking a DHS-level approach to this situation. The rules on eligibility are clear and designed to discourage or prevent athletes from jumping from one school to the next without respect to school boundaries. The information that IAHSAA used to make their decision was gathered by Ankeny. In this case, it's clear the $100 per month lease provided to the school to prove residency and allow AB to enroll was a sweetheart deal provided by the parent of another player, and while this mother has been in Ankeny to meet with lawyers and the press, her intent is to at minimum go back and forth from Iowa to her two younger sons in Kansas. No one can find a functional living space for $100 per month. If I was a betting man, I would wager most of her time would be spent in Kansas and she would make the trip every week for the game on Friday, all the while AB crashes at the home of a teammate. While I'm betting, I'd also bet the Association would have allowed AB to play had the lease been from an actual apartment building or house, as it seems pretty clear based on some of the other cases that is the issue here.

While this is very dramatic, remember, this decision isn't going to damage this young man. It's just HS football. At worst, he has to sit out 90 days, the same 90 days every other transfer has to suffer through (Gavin Williams comes to mind). Or, it sounds like football is starting back up in Kansas. He can go back and play with his old teammates. At worst, he doesn't play football this year and goes on to play for the beloved Hawkeyes.

Oh, I meant to add. The only reason this particular situation means so much to people on this board is because AB is a Hawkeye recruit. If he was committed to Iowa State, for example, the consensus of the board would be he should be immediately ineligible and go back to Kansas. You know it, I know it, the American people know it.

Monster - the “American” people know it? WTF. Is Judge Hanson un-American? Are Murph and Andy un-American? Hell I don’t follow general social media but I been been told that it is about 99 percent in favor that he should be allowed to play. Quite frankly, you and Legend are about the only 2 people hung up on him playing. So I guess only you and a Legend rep the red, white and blue. Wow. And the 114 texts I have received in the past 24 hours from lawyers and non lawyers of both genders and all races from LA to New York that unequivocally support Arland’s position are all un-American. What a great position for you to take.

Doff - do NOT argue with Legend. I make the mistake of doing it and Immediately you will be told how dumb you are. And that is when he is playing nice. If he is really mad he might even say your Mom who died of cancer actually committed suicide to rid herself of her kids. That is what and who Legend is. Monster I don’t even understand.

Reactions: iamia
Oh, I meant to add. The only reason this particular situation means so much to people on this board is because AB is a Hawkeye recruit. If he was committed to Iowa State, for example, the consensus of the board would be he should be immediately ineligible and go back to Kansas. You know it, I know it, the American people know it.
Canadians even know it.

Reactions: Hawkness Monster
Doff - do NOT argue with Legend. I make the mistake of doing it and Immediately you will be told how dumb you are. And that is when he is playing nice. If he is really mad he might even say your Mom who died of cancer actually committed suicide to rid herself of her kids. That is what and who Legend is. Monster I don’t even understand.

Then why do you continue to engage him?

Reactions: OpenHawkSurgery
You should look up the word "accusation" and then re-read the thread.

See if that helps your reading comprehension.

Or you could not color the judges ruling with him being a Hawkeye fan. You implied something about a judges integrity. Shame on you

If you are so sure of yourself why not openly state it to the judge in question? That his fandom affected his judgement.....
I don't disagree with some of the things you said in this thread but you acted like a moron with that comment

Nonsense.

LOL the IAHSAA did not enter anyone's home.

Look, I explained this several times. I know it's fashionable to think of the IAHSAA as the big bad wolf, but in these eligibility situations, it is the responsibility of the school to gather information and determine initial eligibility. The school then sends that in for review. So while it fits in with the narrative of many on this board that the IAHSAA waited until the last possible second to rule AB was ineligible, and they did so likely to just be dicks, and maybe even Iowa Hawkeye hatin' racist dicks, the fact is they start their work when the school finishes theirs. In fact, not only did the Association not intentionally wait until the last possible second on purpose, it's quite possible they rushed the process to provide an answer prior to the first game as a courtesy to the school to avoid the player participating in a game that would later have to be forfeited.

No one involved in this case is taking a DHS-level approach to this situation. The rules on eligibility are clear and designed to discourage or prevent athletes from jumping from one school to the next without respect to school boundaries. The information that IAHSAA used to make their decision was gathered by Ankeny. In this case, it's clear the $100 per month lease provided to the school to prove residency and allow AB to enroll was a sweetheart deal provided by the parent of another player, and while this mother has been in Ankeny to meet with lawyers and the press, her intent is to at minimum go back and forth from Iowa to her two younger sons in Kansas. No one can find a functional living space for $100 per month. If I was a betting man, I would wager most of her time would be spent in Kansas and she would make the trip every week for the game on Friday, all the while AB crashes at the home of a teammate. While I'm betting, I'd also bet the Association would have allowed AB to play had the lease been from an actual apartment building or house, as it seems pretty clear based on some of the other cases that is the issue here.

While this is very dramatic, remember, this decision isn't going to damage this young man. It's just HS football. At worst, he has to sit out 90 days, the same 90 days every other transfer has to suffer through (Gavin Williams comes to mind). Or, it sounds like football is starting back up in Kansas. He can go back and play with his old teammates. At worst, he doesn't play football this year and goes on to play for the beloved Hawkeyes.

So many words that can be summed up as bullshit.

They are ruling on his living arrangement.

Lets put it this way....the judge has already indicated what the ihsaa better do and what is likely to happen if it comes back in front of him for a ruling. The only reason he didn't already rule is because the young man hadn't exhausted his resources through and appeal in their system

The ihsaa is going to get their ass kicked on this if it actually does go back to court as they should.

I admittedly haven't read this entire thread, but my initial thought is hkfan23 is doing himself no favors by airing this situation out on a free hawkeye football message board, arguing with posters, etc. especially if he is directly involved in the case and representing the player in question. Just a very odd position to take imo. I have no skin in the game and support a kids desire to play out his senior season, but it just cringe worthy that the players rep is arguing the case in public on this forum. now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Seahawk I think you are correct and probably should not have said a word. I just hate when people that have zero knowledge of the facts and law air their opinions against a 17 year old kid that did everything in the right fashion. And I also find it so strange and quite frankly disappointing that “Hawk” fans seem to have a problem with Arland but not the other kids already playing that came in from Colorado, Illinois and Kansas who will not be residing in this state past November let alone the next 4-5 years like the Bruce family will be. But your point is well taken.

Lets put it this way....the judge has already indicated what the ihsaa better do and what is likely to happen if it comes back in front of him for a ruling. The only reason he didn't already rule is because the young man hadn't exhausted his resources through and appeal in their system

Question for you or @Hkfan23 or @AuroraHawk ....if the IAHSAA rules against Bruce next week and it goes to back into the legal system, will it automatically be Judge Hanson who oversees the case, or could it go to someone else?

I'd think if would go back to Hanson the IAHSAA might understand the ruling is almost certain to go against them they may have a tendency to just let him play, unless it would set some sort of precedent they don't want.

Seahawk I think you are correct and probably should not have said a word. I just hate when people that have zero knowledge of the facts and law air their opinions against a 17 year old kid that did everything in the right fashion. And I also find it so strange and quite frankly disappointing that “Hawk” fans seem to have a problem with Arland but not the other kids already playing that came in from Colorado, Illinois and Kansas who will not be residing in this state past November let alone the next 4-5 years like the Bruce family will be. But your point is well taken.

You can keep saying this over and over, but it won't make it true.

Legend - very good question on the Judge. See we can have a conversation!!😀. While there are no guarantees I would hope the appeal is assigned to Judge Hanson. Leaving aside his prior ruling, as time is of the essence, he already has received and reviewed all documents from both sides and heard arguments from counsel. So one would hope that a delay with another Judge having to “get up to speed” could be avoided if Judge Hanson heard the appeal.

And I never said Hanson was prejudiced one way or the other in this case.

No, you inferred he was because he was a known Hawkeye fan, per you. Way to the stir the pot. Not that I agree that the way this is being discussed on a message board.

Reactions: hawkedoff
And Legend so you know and it is I think in the paper and I was specially asked about it from Keith Murphy yesterday we have asked the association to reconsider now to specifically avoid a further delay and in fact the potential of “bad precedent” that would come with a formal Court ruling if it is adverse to them. Anyway, have a good holiday weekend Legend.

Holy cow tough night. Ankeny lost their RB to injury and Arland who ran for like 2700 yards and 40 TD’s last year is ineligible. To rub it in, his former teammate from Olathe North in Kansas who transferred up last week and is eligible caught the game winning TD for Waukee with 3 seconds left to beat Ankeny. Ouch.

Reactions: Bank of Hawk
I believe Arland‘s former teammate in Kansas scored the game winning TD to beat Ankeny last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT