ADVERTISEMENT

Arland Bruce IV (in case anyone is interested)

Puppies-yawning.gif

Good luck AB4. Great dude who should've got more touches.
I would have liked to see him get more balls thrown his way on offense, but he was frustrating to watch on punt returns.

We lost a ton of hidden yardage with him pointing at the ball as it rolled another 10-30 yards instead of coming up and catching it. That was never a problem last year with Charlie Jones or this year when Cooper DeJean was back fielding punts.

Last edited:
Can't argue with the punt return stuff at all. That was frustrating. But I loved his hard-nosed running when he had the ball. Wish we could've thrown some WR screens or slants to him.
We did. And while many times the throw was not good (to say the least), when the ball was on time/ on target did he really ever make any explosive plays?

I liked Bruce. But I mentioned in another thread a while back, I really think we wanted him to be a playmaker more than he actually was a playmaker. it seemed like quick slants and quick outs were the only routes he was routinely an option for - never really developed into a deep or even intermediate threat. And yes, QB was a HUGE issue.

Good luck to him in the big 12. Since there is zero defense there he’ll probably put up ok stats, but I’m not sure he’s truly the playmaker we all wanted him to be.

Hope he has more success down there at OSU. There were two big plays he could have made this season that would have most likely resulted in 2 more wins for Iowa. He could have walked in for a TD vs. ISU but tripped over his own feet , and the muffed punt vs. Nebraska. Two huge plays In close losses.

Last edited:
We did. And while many times the throw was not good (to say the least), when the ball was on time/ on target did he really ever make any explosive plays?

I liked Bruce. But I mentioned in another thread a while back, I really think we wanted him to be a playmaker more than he actually was a playmaker. it seemed like quick slants and quick outs were the only routes he was routinely an option for - never really developed into a deep or even intermediate threat. And yes, QB was a HUGE issue.

Good luck to him in the big 12. Since there is zero defense there he’ll probably put up ok stats, but I’m not sure he’s truly the playmaker we all wanted him to be.
100%

I wonder how many wrs osu offered before him. Sounds like they were getting a little desperate.
I mean OSU had trouble this year but they also scored more points in their first four games of the season than Iowa’s offense scored the entire season!

Wonder why their wrs hit the portal. They had a really quality group.
I mean OSU had trouble this year but they also scored more points in their first four games of the season than Iowa’s offense scored the entire season!

Bruce had 19 catches and 1 td on the year that he had to drive to catch vs Nevada in 2022. How pathetic is that stat line with the best wide receiver on the Iowa team.
Was he thought? Nico is certainly better/more productive. And Vines sure seemed to be every bit what the guy who transferred out was

Reactions: shudaddy
Bruce had 19 catches and 1 td on the year that he had to drive to catch vs Nevada in 2022. How pathetic is that stat line with the best wide receiver on the Iowa team.
That would be pathetic if it were true but hey don't let facts get in the way of your argument. Nico was the leading wide receiver, not arland. I'm not saying 34 catches and 1 TD is groundbreaking stuff but why lie?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT