ADVERTISEMENT

as expected...Downing

Some schools are going to have to fill those four spots in the Pac 12, name those schools then. I get it, Iowa fans want to see ISU drop to G5 level, they think it will help Iowa. But it will not happen. Look at Texas, LHN is owned by ESPN, they are never going to allow Texas to go to the big 10 and BTN owned partly by FOX. But the ACC and SEC networks are being ran by ESPN. Do you really think Oklahoma wants to play games in the North at Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa late in the season? The latest they have been to Ames is the first week of November, and they complain about that. Kansas will jump, no doubt, it was a stretch to add TCU, but it gets the league into Texas. Now will the Big 10 add a small religious school like TCU, who knows, if they choose not too, the only school left in the footprint would be ISU. Either way, ISU will land in a P4 conference.

UM St Cards fan OU used to play every other year in Nebraska on Black Friday.

Some schools are going to have to fill those four spots in the Pac 12, name those schools then. I get it, Iowa fans want to see ISU drop to G5 level, they think it will help Iowa. But it will not happen. Look at Texas, LHN is owned by ESPN, they are never going to allow Texas to go to the big 10 and BTN owned partly by FOX. But the ACC and SEC networks are being ran by ESPN. Do you really think Oklahoma wants to play games in the North at Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa late in the season? The latest they have been to Ames is the first week of November, and they complain about that. Kansas will jump, no doubt, it was a stretch to add TCU, but it gets the league into Texas. Now will the Big 10 add a small religious school like TCU, who knows, if they choose not too, the only school left in the footprint would be ISU. Either way, ISU will land in a P4 conference.
for the very same reason you state about the B10 is one reason why The P12 will not take ISU. Do you really think the west coast teams are falling all over themselves to play in Iowa in November? Guess again. ISU adds nothing to the P12 and is so far east it is a terrible fit. ISU is not getting a major conference bid when the B12 blows up.

UM St Cards fan OU used to play every other year in Nebraska on Black Friday.
You are correct, but that is one game every other year in the North. Not half their games in the North in November. It also moves them away from their current recruiting base of Texas. I suppose they would keep playing Texas in Dallas, but one game a year is not like now then they are currently playing 2 or 3 games in the state of Texas every year. If Oklahoma jumps, they will go to the SEC, it also insures that Oklahoma St. has a soft landing spot, so the politicians in the state would not stop the move.

for the very same reason you state about the B10 is one reason why The P12 will not take ISU. Do you really think the west coast teams are falling all over themselves to play in Iowa in November? Guess again. ISU adds nothing to the P12 and is so far east it is a terrible fit. ISU is not getting a major conference bid when the B12 blows up.
Will they like it no, but then name me the four schools that they will take in place of ISU. ISU will add 3 million new people to the league that is struggling to find viewers, more than the states of Kansas, Idaho, Wyoming, and every state the league is not in except taking UNLV and Nevada. ISU is also an AAU school and the PAC 12 is an academic league first. This is just not about football, if it were then Rutgers and Maryland would not now be in the big 10. List the four schools that fill out the PAC 12.

Typically it is anywhere from 5-7 teams that are stronger than Iowa. When ISU loses to Iowa, there usually is no chance for a bowl game because of where they normally fall in schedule strength. Also, winning against Iowa is no guarantee of a bowl game opportunity for the very same reason. The teams that are typically stronger than Iowa are OU, OSU, Baylor, TCU, KSU, UT, WVU, and ISU half the time in the KF era.
Ah yes ISU plays stronger teams is the reason Iowa is the stronger program. It's only funny because Clone fans actually believe it. Even the non insane ones do. As far as your teams better the Iowa I'll give you 3 historically. OSU,OU, and TX. All the rest are equal or below Iowa. Baylor will go back to be being Baylor. They were only 7-6 with Briles players.

Reactions: The_Gent
Haven't played them in a while, except for Michigan State when they were undefeated and #1 in the B1G two years ago - Nebraska won.

Can they compete with Ohio St, Michigan and PSU in the near future....I think they will have the potential to do so. A different caliber of recruit is starting to go to Lincoln - Tyjon Lindsey, Bookie Radley-Hiles, Elijah Blades, Avery Roberts, Tristan Gebbia, etc...all Top 100 guys and it's growing. That never happened under Pelini or even close.

Basically, I'll wait until Riley has "his" guys that he's coaching and not Bo's....I havent watched a "true" QB at Nebraska in 8 years, so we will see if he can get the program over the hump.

Your main problem is line play. Not in any way concerned about 6' 185 California kids running around in November. Once you get rid of that goofy OL troll coach & develop some bodies, I might take notice. I don't see Nebraska outworking a Ferentz driven line anytime soon, if ever.

The clowns are going to end up with Wyoming, Colorado State and the rest of the Mountain West, right where they belong.

I read earlier where one clown fan indicated that going to a bowl game would constitute a successful season. Winning 6 games is a success? Pathetic.
I could see a couple more options.

Could join the AAC.

Also they could start a new conference with KSU,KU (Great Basketball and awful football won't get them P5 offers),WV,TCU,Baylor, and ISU. They will cherry pick from the AAC and MWC. Now the question is would that still be considered P5? I don't think so but would be the best G6 conference.

Pac-10 will take BYU, Boise St., San Diego St., Colorado St or Utah St. over the clown program.
The PAC 12 already has teams in Utah, Colorado and California, those team do not bring in one dollar more than what they already are getting. Boise St, academics are horrible, and Idaho has less people than Iowa. If the Big 12 breaks up, the PAC 12 will want some of those teams and be in this footprint. It makes no sense to take more than one school from Texas, and all the ones left have horrible academics, none are an AAU school. They will take ISU.

I could see a couple more options.

Could join the AAC.

Also they could start a new conference with KSU,KU (Great Basketball and awful football won't get them P5 offers),WV,Baylor, and ISU. They will cherry pick from the AAC and MWC. Now the question is would that still be considered P5?
Kansas will be in the Big 10, an AAU school in the footprint. The money is not there for a new league, current AAC schools get what 3 million a year off of TV, Big 12 members will get 34 million apiece, this year. Those remaining schools will not like it, but some will go to the PAC 12, for the money if nothing else.

Cow Tech has no shot at ever being invited into the Pac-10. They have better odds of having Buena Vista on their schedule in 5 years than they do USC.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Will they like it no, but then name me the four schools that they will take in place of ISU. ISU will add 3 million new people to the league that is struggling to find viewers, more than the states of Kansas, Idaho, Wyoming, and every state the league is not in except taking UNLV and Nevada. ISU is also an AAU school and the PAC 12 is an academic league first. This is just not about football, if it were then Rutgers and Maryland would not now be in the big 10. List the four schools that fill out the PAC 12.
ISU will be fine in any realignment scenario. It is a large state University with excellent academics and top flight facilities and fan support. The program will be averaging over 60K attendance very soon in football with solid revenue streams to support. All athletic programs are solid with the basketball programs garnering national recognition nearly every year.

Arizona schools say hi.

Cow Tech has no shot at ever being invited into the Pac-10. They have better odds of having Buena Vista on their schedule in 5 years than they do USC.
You are letting your hate for ISU cloud your vision. Taking ISU makes sense to the Pac 12 not Pac 10 as you called it. This next realignment, will be the final one, all the places at the table will be filled, and the plum schools will be taken and off the board, the big 10 will choose from the leftovers, they will take Kansas, and TCU. It just makes too much sense not too.

You are letting your hate for ISU cloud your vision. Taking ISU makes sense to the Pac 12 not Pac 10 as you called it. This next realignment, will be the final one, all the places at the table will be filled, and the plum schools will be taken and off the board, the big 10 will choose from the leftovers, they will take Kansas, and TCU. It just makes too much sense not too.
I really do not hate ISU. I root for them from time to time. But when their fans come onto this board and start spouting off about things they have no knowledge of, I cannot help but to poke fun at them. I sure hope Iowa fans do not stoop so low as to go to the clown board and speak nonsense. I suppose that if you really feel like a little brother, then you need to do what you do.

Well you did say the Pac 12 is academic first.
The two schools in Arizona are ranked 124 and 127, ISU rank is 111, Iowa's 82. Texas tech 176, K. State is 135. Boise St is a Tier 2 school, Houston rank is 194. Like I said before the plum schools are gone, but someone has to fill those spots.

I really do not hate ISU. I root for them from time to time. But when their fans come onto this board and start spouting off about things they have no knowledge of, I cannot help but to poke fun at them. I sure hope Iowa fans do not stoop so low as to go to the clown board and speak nonsense. I suppose that if you really feel like a little brother, then you need to do what you do.
No knowledge of? Not one person here is on the inside of this issue, we are all speculating what we think will happen. But I have at least interjected a few facts. As for me being an ISU fan on a Iowa board, other than showing you a different avenue that could be followed what does it hurt. I have not insulted Iowa or its fans, made no jokes about the school. Like I said earlier, some Iowa fans want to see the Big 12 break apart so bad they can taste it, only to hurt ISU. A school many claim they do not care about, strange how many posts started by iowa fans involving ISU are posted on this board.

There is no much wrong in the Clone posts it is almost imposssible to respond. ISU has zero name recognition. Look at your historical rankings. You Clones all love that Cowherd rips Iowa, hell one of your most posted threads on CF is the fake ID reference. But you realize he said he was bringing it up because Iowa has a national reputation and presence and were overrated but specifically said he would not talk about a team like ISU because nobody would care if ISU was 12-0 as nobody outside of Ames knows they have a football team. I may not like the guy but it is true. And are you insane that ISU brings 3 million state of Iowa viewers to the table?! That assumes all us Hawks and non-Clone fans (which is at least 85 percent of the state population) will be watching a Clone at Washington St game that kicks at 10 pm central time. Really?! Nobody except Gridiron Club members would watch any away games. Unbelievable the ignorance. Conferences are NOT going outside of their general footprint UNLESS it brings TV's and markets. ISU can't even come close to bringing with it a small population state. Dear God there is no much delusion it is really scary.

Reactions: Ree4
There is no much wrong in the Clone posts it is almost imposssible to respond. ISU has zero name recognition. Look at your historical rankings. You Clones all love that Cowherd rips Iowa, hell one of your most posted threads on CF is the fake ID reference. But you realize he said he was bringing it up because Iowa has a national reputation and presence and were overrated but specifically said he would not talk about a team like ISU because nobody would care if ISU was 12-0 as nobody outside of Ames knows they have a football team. I may not like the guy but it is true. And are you insane that ISU brings 3 million state of Iowa viewers to the table?! That assumes all us Hawks and non-Clone fans (which is at least 85 percent of the state population) will be watching a Clone at Washington St game that kicks at 10 pm central time. Really?! Nobody except Gridiron Club members would watch any away games. Unbelievable the ignorance. Conferences are NOT going outside of their general footprint UNLESS it brings TV's and markets. ISU can't even come close to bringing with it a small population state. Dear God there is no much delusion it is really scary.
I know you want it to be so that the mere fact you post it makes you believe it. The delusional one is you. For some reason, hawk fans just assume that the B10 will be a sacred entity if everything changes. If there is dramatic changes in the University athletic landscape, the current conference system could be eliminated and a whole new structure is put together. It may be the only way to avoid heavy oversight by government arms. In this case, Iowa gets put in the exact same bucket as ISU whether you want to accept it or not.

Of course they do. Every fan base has trolls, antagonists, and well intended posters. The mistake that every fan forum makes, is that some fans somehow think they are different, unique or special. The program you support may be unique, but the fans that cheer for them are not, at least individually.
The truth is the only thing that makes fans different is the team/program that they have allegiance to, usually b/c of family history, geography, or actual attendance at the school. And I ask, so what?
I have to chuckle at folks that boast about their chosen team as if they actually have something to do with its success. I cheer for the Cubs and Blackhawks and take pleasure when they win, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't make me more relevant if they do. I just enjoy it when the team I support wins and am disappointed when they lose.
There's too much nonsense on this thread to address it all, but the argument about whether Iowa State will remain a P5 program or not is stupid. Certainly geographic challenges would exist for ISU in the unlikely event that the Big 12 dissolved, but Iowa State has qualities that are necessary for and unique to P5 programs. If the Big 12 were to dissolve, it's fair to assume that there would be a major realignment for all P5 conferences. No college sports program with the characteristics of the current P5 format will be left out of a potential realignment. It's more likely that programs are adopted into P5 conferences that are borderline than current P5 programs being left out, i.e., Rutgers. There may be better or worse situations, but a school like Iowa State has a fan base, resources, and facilities that would contribute to a major conference's financial well being, and in the unlikely event that the Big 12 dissolves, Iowa State will find a good landing spot in a likely vastly changed college sports landscape.

Reactions: St.Cardsfan
Well if all conferences go away (which won't happen) even your almighty Chris Williams admits Iowa is in better shape that ISU. And it isn't even close. We are a top 25 team historically in both football and basketball. ISU is what 90 and 55. We are 22 in sports revenue and more important top 30 in name recognition nationally. ISU is so low in name it didn't register in the top 60. The state which is small is overwhelmingly Hawks and ISU has zero relevance outside of central Iowa. You academics are OK but no graduate programs. I understand your continued desire to stand on our shoulders and say you are tall but dude get a grip. By every single metric ISU is screwed and Iowa is simply not. Sorry to piss in your Cheerios this morning champ.

Typically it is anywhere from 5-7 teams that are stronger than Iowa.

Not when you look at the rankings like Sagarin. Here you go:

2016 - 3 teams
2015 - 3
2014 - 4

I am sure there are years when 5-7 teams would be better than Iowa. But that certainly isn't the norm during the Ferentz era.

Well if all conferences go away (which won't happen) even your almighty Chris Williams admits Iowa is in better shape that ISU. And it isn't even close. We are a top 25 team historically in both football and basketball. ISU is what 90 and 55. We are 22 in sports revenue and more important top 30 in name recognition nationally. ISU is so low in name it didn't register in the top 60. The state which is small is overwhelmingly Hawks and ISU has zero relevance outside of central Iowa. You academics are OK but no graduate programs. I understand your continued desire to stand on our shoulders and say you are tall but dude get a grip. By every single metric ISU is screwed and Iowa is simply not. Sorry to piss in your Cheerios this morning champ.
Congratulations. You must be so proud.

Where does ISU rank as a party school? I would think that could be an area where they could gain some name recognition.

Your main problem is line play. Not in any way concerned about 6' 185 California kids running around in November. Once you get rid of that goofy OL troll coach & develop some bodies, I might take notice. I don't see Nebraska outworking a Ferentz driven line anytime soon, if ever.

Nebraska just signed Damion Daniels, Deionte Watts, Deontre Thomas and Guy Thomas on the DL. Let's quit acting like Nebraska just recruits 6' 185 lb athletes out of Cali. But you need those guys too and right now Nebraska is short numbers at both WR and DB/S, so that's why they're going after so many athletes this year.

I don't see a lot of drop-off this year on the DL recruiting with Tate Wildeman and possibly Daniel Carson at DE. They are slow playing 4* Calvin Avery at DT who tried to commit at the Spring Game. Maybe the OL has some more work to do, but the DL is becoming stacked with talent. I like that in combination with Diaco. We will see....

ISU football - oxymoron. But won't argue and not proud as you say. Just responding to Clones that think ISU and Iowa are in the same boat. I can go through numbers but nah that won't mean much. Iowa is light years ahead on every variable that counts except ag programs. Which doesn't count sorry. So the mic drop on ISU being screwed and Iowa not is your own messiah Chris Williams saying if the Big 12 dissolves or there is major change ISU is in trouble not Iowa is not. Jon Miller may be a douche but if he said Iowa was in trouble and ISU wasn't on future issue I would be pretty f-in worried. When a homer is worried look out.

ISU football - oxymoron. But won't argue and not proud as you say. Just responding to Clones that think ISU and Iowa are in the same boat. I can go through numbers but nah that won't mean much. Iowa is light years ahead on every variable that counts except ag programs. Which doesn't count sorry. So the mic drop on ISU being screwed and Iowa not is your own messiah Chris Williams saying if the Big 12 dissolves or there is major change ISU is in trouble not Iowa is not. Jon Miller may be a douche but if he said Iowa was in trouble and ISU wasn't on future issue I would be pretty f-in worried. When a homer is worried look out.
They are in the exact same boat marketwise. I even venture that ISU is beginning to put itself in better position because enrollment is growing at a very fast clip. This continues to grow the fanbase.

Oh my God dude. I hope this is just a troll. This is insane. Jeepers state market based on enrollment would surely screw Notre Dame and Duke now wouldn't it? We are top 25 nationwide on all metrics. ISU is not top 60 on any besides basketball which is 56. Are u kidding me?! Go back to CF and jerk off the other idiots. Like I said, when Chris Williams said ISU is screwed on a Big 12 implosion tells me all I need to know buddy.

They are in the exact same boat marketwise. I even venture that ISU is beginning to put itself in better position because enrollment is growing at a very fast clip. This continues to grow the fanbase.
This is exactly why I cannot carry on a serious, no insult discussion with clown fans. You guys are freaking morons if you think the clown fan base is anywhere close to as supportive, as strong, as numerous as the Hawkeye fan base. Your football program is one of the worst in the history of college football. No one gives a rats ass about the clowns. You circle jerk every time you beat the Hawks.

No Roger - they also circle jerk more about Iowa losses or issues than their own program. Dear God, their biggest threads all involve Iowa not their own school. They have more threads on iowa recruiting than their own recruiting. Sad and pathetic fanbase. Which is why I do agree with Cowherd when he said if ISU went undefeated in football he wouldn't talk about it cause nobody outside of Ames knows they play even play football. Oh yeah Clones if football improves Campbell is long gone. Now go sit around CF. Thanks.

No Roger - they also circle jerk more about Iowa losses or issues than their own program. Dear God, their biggest threads all involve Iowa not their own school. They have more threads on iowa recruiting than their own recruiting. Sad and pathetic fanbase. Which is why I do agree with Cowherd when he said if ISU went undefeated in football he wouldn't talk about it cause nobody outside of Ames knows they play even play football. Oh yeah Clones if football improves Campbell is long gone. Now go sit around CF. Thanks.
Sounds just like how Iowa fans are more worried about what's happening with nebs program then the hapless hawks.

Huh? Don't care about Nebraska I want them to win every game besides Iowa or a game to help Iowa. Make the Big 10 look good. iSU is totally different. We play them now as a Power 5 team. And it kills Iowa. For example, if Nebraska beat Iowa 42-3 and dropped in the rankings then you have an argument. Nebraska fans at least are a national program.

Have you been paying attention to what's happening with ESPN and others. People are cutting the cord and soon if not already tv deals will decrease because of less eyeballs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT