ADVERTISEMENT

as expected...Downing

Dear God. Once again delusional. You actually admitted I was right on all stats and basically my whole argument. If it is garbage why does Chris Williams who has more to lose than anyone agree? Now facts are simple. No pal, the getting into a state requires viewers and people who are willing to watch and pay. So, under your scenario assuming arguendo the PAC 12 teams' fans even know or care where ISU is they will watch games at 9 am on a Saturday if in Ames and ISU fans will watch a game that kicks at 10 pm CST on a Saturday. That is for football. Should I even start on basketball?! I understand you are screwed but come with better than that pro. Oh yeah, you actually said the PAC 12 will stay away from states with already a team. Besides Colorado and Utah all the schools have at least 2 state schools. And Utah State, Colorado St and for that matter Boise St bring way more to the table than ISU. Look little brother, you are the 1 Big 12 school besides Baylor that has no coat tails to ride. I really don't get it. And oh yeah this assumes other Big 12 schools don't go to the PAC 12. Like Okie and Okie St. Look pal, figure out a way the Big 12 survives or ISU is dead.

You still do not understand, showing your ignorance on this matter, it does not matter if one person from the Pacific coast views the game, the Pac 12 will charge every household in Iowa that has cable or satellite tv one dollar a month. Does not matter if you are an Iowa fan, ISU fan, or no fan at all, everyone that has cable or satellite pays and the Pac 12 gets the money. That is the beauty of the what BTN started, and all three conferences, SEC, ACC, and PAC 12 have followed the same model. Now with cord cutting that may change but we do not know how that will work out for years, and by then ISU will already be in the Pac 12.

Done talking the second you believe ISU is more preferable to the PAC 12 than BYU and Boise St. Now even the most ardent Clone homers would laugh. Dude there is trolling and this. Every number I put out on anything is backed up. That is funny. Good luck buddy. Go back to CF and ask for help.
You are really looking like a fool here, this has nothing to do with winning records, size of fan base, bowl games won by your school or overall football record. BYU brings the Pac 12 zero new dollars, they already have Utah in the conference, Montana has less than 1 million people, Iowa has over 3 million. Plus ISU is an AAU school, Boise is a Tier 2 school, basically a junior college academic wise.

I agree there may be schools playing in that time zone. But teams that aren't the bottom 10 historically in football. USC and UCLA will never embarrass themselves to have to play ISU in Ames in November. Never ever. Especially never in front of a lack of fans that couldn't sellout out a game when they were going for a conference championship. Are you really that blinded?!
You got another thing right, congrads. UCLA and USC will not be playing in Ames in November, ISU will be in the Northern part of the conference, but you can bet that Oregon, Oregon St. Washington and W. State will be playing in Ames in November. USC and UCLA will be in Ames late Sept. and October. Still waiting for the list of those four other teams that will bring in more money to the PAC 12 than ISU. And remember, this is ALL about MONEY, not past, present or future football success, but how much money you bring into the conference. If it was not Rutgers would still be in the AAC and Maryland in the ACC.

Last edited:
Yeah OK. Good luck getting USC, UCLA, Oregon, etc., signing off on frickin' ISU to the PAC 12. No my friend it is you who doesn't get it. Still takes the schools to vote on additions and still will be regardless going forward. So once again, good luck getting a little brother that is historically a bottom 10 football team that is totally unknown or at worst a joke to the west coast with no graduate schools to be invited. You are the not only the smallest fish in Iowa compared to the Hawks but plankton to the PAC 12. Never will happen. And funny is both Randy and Chris agree. Your better hope is ACC which won't happen either. You better check metrics pal. Go back and circle jerk on Jacobson to the Clones for hoops.

Reactions: Ree4
You really are dumb and delusional. And after all your posts you have none of your Clones to agree. Good troll though. Made me think and realize how screwed ISU is on implosion.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Yeah OK. Good luck getting USC, UCLA, Oregon, etc., signing off on frickin' ISU to the PAC 12. No my friend it is you who doesn't get it. Still takes the schools to vote on additions and still will be regardless going forward. So once again, good luck getting a little brother that is historically a bottom 10 football team that is totally unknown or at worst a joke to the west coast with no graduate schools to be invited. You are the not only the smallest fish in Iowa compared to the Hawks but plankton to the PAC 12. Never will happen. And funny is both Randy and Chris agree. Your better hope is ACC which won't happen either. You better check metrics pal. Go back and circle jerk on Jacobson to the Clones for hoops.

Insults are used when you have lost the argument. All the school you mentioned will sign off on ISU, because they will profit from having ISU in the conference, and be less of threat to actually beat them in football. Follow the money, because you and your hated for ISU is making you REALLY look FOOLISH. I get it, you are one of those Iowa fans that want to see ISU in the MAC so bad you can taste it. Never going to happen, and I have showed you why, you might as well get used to it, and learn to live with it. Because ISU is not going away.

Reactions: ISUFBGuy
You have been spouting the same garbage over and over, and yes, there are ignorant posters here and you are one of the biggest. You are letting your HATE for ISU get in the way of your thinking, and you just said so. All the stuff about ISU being one of the worst P5 schools, only 15% fan base, not in a major market, they may be true, but it will not matter at all if and when the Big 12 goes under. And ISU will end up in the Pac 12 and here is why. Right now Iowa makes more money from the share of BTN than they make in ticket sells, and how does BTN make money, not from advertising, they make the lions share by being able to charge every person in a given state a set monthly fee. The fee is 10 cents to every household if the state does not have a conference team and 1 dollar a month if they do. So if you have cable, satellite tv service you and I every other person in the state of Iowa pay BTN 12 dollars a year. The genius about the system is no one is allowed to opt out, does not matter if they are a fan or not, everyone pays the 12 bucks a year. So TV ratings do not matter, being one of the worst P5 Programs do not matter, the BTN does not give a break to Rutgers fans because the suck, they all pay the same rate. The key then becomes to pick new teams for states you do not currently serve, increase your conference footprint and no more than one team per state. Now the first couple expansions, the best teams jumped, this has left us with Texas, and Oklahoma left, they have better options then go to the PAC 12. After the SEC, BIG 10 and ACC pluck the best schools the PAC 12 will have to take the ones left over. The other leagues will not allow them to stay at 12 when they are at 16 nor will the networks. One of the few things your are correct about is ISU has no value to the Big 10, but its not because they suck at football, its because the conference already has a team in the state. So choosing ISU brings the big 10 zero extra dollars in, but that is not true for the PAC 12, Iowa outside of Texas is the largest population state that will be left and available. Oklahoma and Ok. St. will be in the SEC, so now that changes the picture quite a bit, here sits ISU, AAU school, stadium that seats 65,000 people, a school that its football attendance for 2016 would have placed in 5th in the league. A men's BB program that has made the NCAA tournament six straight years. So please name me the four schools that will go in place of ISU, remember you do not need more than one per state. I will be watching for your response.
The problem with this whole argument is that it is incorrect. It does matter that ISU sucks and it does matter about TV ratings, you are only factoring in Big Ten Network money and fail to factor in the contracts with other networks- hence Rutgers and Maryland helping the cause. Here is a quote from 2016 if you do not believe me:
"The latest Big Ten media-rights contract will earn the conference an average of $440 million annually over the next six years, according to a report in the Sports Business Journal.
The deal’s biggest players are Fox, which came to its agreement with the Big Ten in April, and ESPN."
So yeah ISU brings nothing to the table other than an above average basketball program. There is no way in hell you are going to have UCLA, USC, ASU, Arizona wanting to travel to Ames, Iowa in November to play a football game- I am pretty sure they will have a say in the process wouldn't you think.

Boise State is not good academically, but half of the Pac 12 is worse than Nebraska (lowest in the Big 10) - they just get propped up by Stanford, Cal,USC, and UCLA. Boise State also doesn't offer enough sports that many conferences require - but that could easily change with P5/4 money.

There has been a lot of talk about how the BTN makes their money. Do you know how the Pac 12 makes it? I don't know. I know they divide some of their televising into geographic areas like Pac 12 - Mountain, Bay Area, etc.

The average NFL career is 2.66 years. Even the ones that make it into the league, a very small number of college football players, have a long time to live after they are done playing football. Its much more prudent to make planning for life after football the priority. Very few NFL players are actually set for life once they are out of the league. And when they are done playing football, they need some other way to make money for the next 40 or so years of their lives.
Good luck to the young man. Unfortunately his chances of playing in the league would go up 10 fold if he played OL for the hawks and not the clones. :oops:

The problem with this whole argument is that it is incorrect. It does matter that ISU sucks and it does matter about TV ratings, you are only factoring in Big Ten Network money and fail to factor in the contracts with other networks- hence Rutgers and Maryland helping the cause. Here is a quote from 2016 if you do not believe me:
"The latest Big Ten media-rights contract will earn the conference an average of $440 million annually over the next six years, according to a report in the Sports Business Journal.
The deal’s biggest players are Fox, which came to its agreement with the Big Ten in April, and ESPN."
So yeah ISU brings nothing to the table other than an above average basketball program. There is no way in hell you are going to have UCLA, USC, ASU, Arizona wanting to travel to Ames, Iowa in November to play a football game- I am pretty sure they will have a say in the process wouldn't you think.

Most of that 440 million is for BTN, how many times is Purdue, Rutgers and others on national TV, once or twice a year. ISU is on espn now when they play a few home games each year, they will be on ESPN 1 when they play Texas this fall. What did Rutgers and Maryland bring to the Big 10 football wise? Nothing, they brought markets, when the big 12 goes under, ISU will bring the state of Iowa, it will not be like Maryland and New Jersey, but will bring in the most money other than Texas of the remaining states. That and being a AAU team brings value to the Pac 12. And as I have stated before, it does not matter if you watch or not, everyone pays. Ames being 25 miles from Des Moines will bring in enough local adds for the few that they are allowed to sell. Will ISU want to go and play half their games two time zones away, no, they will not, they, Kansas St. Texas Tech, will not have a choice, its do it and continue to stay on the gravy train or go to the AAC and lose 30 million a year a least in the athletic programs. They will all go, they have to stay relatively competitive.

Good luck to the young man. Unfortunately his chances of playing in the league would go up 10 fold if he played OL for the hawks and not the clones. :oops:
Iowa State's OC/OL coach was National OL Coach of the Year a couple years ago at Toledo. He has put a few guys in the NFL, including Greg Mancz who started most of the year for Houston Texans and Zac Kerin of the Vikings.
Campbell is actively involved in the OL the same way KF used to be at Iowa, and was a good OL coach himself.
The Rhoads staff recruited horribly on the OL and Campbell/Manning will put OLs in the NFL.

Way too many people think this is all about football success and only football success. Its not, this will be the last chance to make a P4 conference and the value and money that it brings . The school that will be hurt the worst will be W. Virginia, they, along with their decent football program will be left out, no place for them to go, to far for the PAC 12, few people in the state, and the SEC, ACC, and Big 10 will be full. No one will touch Baylor. Iowa fans can say it will not happen, but I would say they are wrong, it makes way too much sense and brings the Pac 12 the most money.

You still do not understand, showing your ignorance on this matter, it does not matter if one person from the Pacific coast views the game, the Pac 12 will charge every household in Iowa that has cable or satellite tv one dollar a month. Does not matter if you are an Iowa fan, ISU fan, or no fan at all, everyone that has cable or satellite pays and the Pac 12 gets the money. That is the beauty of the what BTN started, and all three conferences, SEC, ACC, and PAC 12 have followed the same model. Now with cord cutting that may change but we do not know how that will work out for years, and by then ISU will already be in the Pac 12.
You're asking the wrong question. For example, BTN is about to do a deal with FOX that will increase revenues to $500 M per year. But that is for the right to broadcast top tier games. Top tier games. Pac 12 will follow suit. So it does matter who they add. If they think ISU vs anyone is a top tier game, they will look at them. Is ISU top tier? You can argue if you want that Iowa isn't a top tier team, but they play a lot of top tier games.

Won't call you a Clown. Sorry for name calling I do like you are way more thoughtful than most. Even though you name called me! Now, here the is problem with the argument. Don't know who else from the Big 12 would go west. What if it is Okie and Okie St? Or TCU and Tech? Or Kansas and KSU? I am guessing you would agree the Big 10 and Sec are never options for ISU. If not, no discussion. So it is the the ACC and PAC 12. I personally believe the ACC is the only potential landing spot. Basketball and academics count plus no huge time zone issues. Anyway, I could give once again a bunch of schools the PAC 12 would take over ISU even under your theory which rests on taking Iowa for a market. I will agree to disagee on that. There is no way that would ever work. I simply cannot believe the powers that be would take ISU over BYU, Bosie St., Colorado St, and Utah St. And this assumes no other Big 12 schools go west. I believe the only chance ISU has is the ACC. But maybe I am wrong. Once again, if you think the Big 10 or SEC would ever be an option that is insane.

Way too many people think this is all about football success and only football success. Its not, this will be the last chance to make a P4 conference and the value and money that it brings . The school that will be hurt the worst will be W. Virginia, they, along with their decent football program will be left out, no place for them to go, to far for the PAC 12, few people in the state, and the SEC, ACC, and Big 10 will be full. No one will touch Baylor. Iowa fans can say it will not happen, but I would say they are wrong, it makes way too much sense and brings the Pac 12 the most money.

You must have missed the demise of the big east which was once the strongest bball conference where they all left because of football. Been plenty of comments from bball guys like jay bilas who admit it even though they hate it that football drives the ship when it comes to realignment. Mountain west maybe PAC 12 well I believe that when I see it. But keep telling yourself if that makes you feel better.

Boise State is not good academically, but half of the Pac 12 is worse than Nebraska (lowest in the Big 10) - they just get propped up by Stanford, Cal,USC, and UCLA. Boise State also doesn't offer enough sports that many conferences require - but that could easily change with P5/4 money.

There has been a lot of talk about how the BTN makes their money. Do you know how the Pac 12 makes it? I don't know. I know they divide some of their televising into geographic areas like Pac 12 - Mountain, Bay Area, etc.
Link for the academic rankings of the B1G please.

That is because football is the only revenue generating sport for 99% of all athletic programs. WVU will be fine because they are the only school in WVU and they are located in much more promising geographic location for the ACC or SEC and you know they don't suck 90% of all sports like ISU. I am guessing ISU ends up in the MAC and that would be a good thing for them because they might be able to win 6 games and play after the month of November at least 1 out of 5 years

Iowa State's OC/OL coach was National OL Coach of the Year a couple years ago at Toledo. He has put a few guys in the NFL, including Greg Mancz who started most of the year for Houston Texans and Zac Kerin of the Vikings.
Campbell is actively involved in the OL the same way KF used to be at Iowa, and was a good OL coach himself.
The Rhoads staff recruited horribly on the OL and Campbell/Manning will put OLs in the NFL.
Good information thanks. I'm not that familiar with the new staff. Maybe this will be the guy to get ISU back to the level Danny Mac had them, but we'll see. If their going to be putting players in the league, their going to need to stick aroung more then 3 or 4 years, something no ones done there since they ran Dan off.

Good information thanks. I'm not that familiar with the new staff. Maybe this will be the guy to get ISU back to the level Danny Mac had them, but we'll see. If their going to be putting players in the league, their going to need to stick aroung more then 3 or 4 years, something no ones done there since they ran Dan off.
The problem is just that, if Campbell doesn't win he will be gone in 3-4 years, if he does turn the program around he will be gone in 3-4 years. ISU is not a destination location because nobody wants to coach at a little brother school in the state (if you can't admit that is the case then I don't know what to tell you). You would need an alum and that hasn't even worked out at ISU in hoops or wrestling......essentially good luck to them

The problem is just that, if Campbell doesn't win he will be gone in 3-4 years, if he does turn the program around he will be gone in 3-4 years. ISU is not a destination location because nobody wants to coach at a little brother school in the state (if you can't admit that is the case then I don't know what to tell you). You would need an alum and that hasn't even worked out at ISU in hoops or wrestling......essentially good luck to them

Make good points. Though I'd guess a school with ISU football's lack of success may give 5-6 years a year or 2 more than the average school for Campbell. I think part of why they were so happy with Rhoads early on is he had a little success and being from Nevada, IA he was one of the few coaches who wouldn't leave if someone came calling. But ended up burning them big time after they gave him that 10 year deal made KF's contract look not as bad. But if I was Campbell and some other school came calling I'd pull a Chizik and leave in a heartbeat.

ISU needs to go to Cedar Falls . . . & bring a notepad.

I said this earlier. Either they continue to be a horror show football-wise and Campbell takes his monthly paycheck or they get to 6 wins and Campbell is long gone. Love how their idiot fans rip on KF and the money Iowa pays him. Well 3 top 10 finishes, 2 national coach of the year awards, player accolades, pipeline to the NFL, etc. Jesus, Ricky Stanzi won as many bowl games at Iowa as ISU has ever won. Is that seriously true?! Those ISU people are seriously clueless.

I said this earlier. Either they continue to be a horror show football-wise and Campbell takes his monthly paycheck or they get to 6 wins and Campbell is long gone. Love how their idiot fans rip on KF and the money Iowa pays him. Well 3 top 10 finishes, 2 national coach of the year awards, player accolades, pipeline to the NFL, etc. Jesus, Ricky Stanzi won as many bowl games at Iowa as ISU has ever won. Is that seriously true?! Those ISU people are seriously clueless.

If they ever some how win another bowl game, Ricky Stanzi should present them with the trophy. No matter how old he is at that time.

The only way the Pac 12 would take ISU is if they agreed to play only road conference games :cool:

CB - I meant to hit 5. Whoops. Well was still 3 more top 10's than ISU in their history. Serious question. Does KF have more top 10 finishes (5) than ISU has top 25 finishes in their history?

Where did all the ISU fans go? All of the sudden facts begin to get thrown out and some credible opinions and they up and leave
On a side note, I honestly believe that ISU should discontinue their entire athletic program because it is seriously an embarassment to the state of Iowa to have them representing the state.

Ree - still pissed Iowa didn't give a drop dead take or leave on a 2 for 1 home and home. So would ISU walk? And lose their only sellout and only relevance. And if they walk then they get UNI coverage in the Register? What would Randy and Williams discuss year round? I am still so confused. Historically they are rated below teams that don't even have football programs anymore. I asked a question on another thread and if true I will be shocked. Does KF, the guy ISU fans rip and mock for salary, have more top 10's in his tenure than ISU has top 25's in its entire history? Simple question. If true that is a walk off on why Iowa and ISU is not a fair comparison and in fact not In the same universe. But oh yeah, we are in the same boat on conference realignment. What a joke.

Reactions: Ree4
Holy shot. No way. That is insane. Oh my God. But according to all Clones we are in the same boat?! WTF?! That is so much worse than I ever thought. Seriously I thought would be they have 5-6 top 25's ever and KF has had 5 top 10's. Jesus that would be embarrassing enough. But f-ing 2 top 25's ever?! And one from 1976 and the other from 2000 at 25? Oh yeah Clones, the PAC 12 is begging you to join!!!!

Here is another sad fact in ISU football in the entire program history they've finished ranked 2x.
1976 (8-3) #19
2000 (9-3) #25
That's not entirely true- if you google worst college football programs of all time ISU is ranked annually-
This year they were ranked 17th- right between eastern michigan and New Mexico

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
That's not entirely true- if you google worst college football programs of all time ISU is ranked annually-
This year they were ranked 17th- right between eastern michigan and New Mexico
17. Iowa State Cyclones

1. Iowa State has an overall record of 498-597-46 since they began playing in 1892, but were an above .500 team until 1945. They have been one of the worst teams in college football ever since.

They have only won two conference titles over that span and have been to 11 bowl games with only three victories.

Not many teams from a major conference have a worse history than the Cyclones, particularly recently.

Oh my God. I never realized it was that horrid. I knew a bottom feeder but WTF? That is like Prairie Valley bad. But the PAC 12 will take that bucket of shit into a premier conference?! Yep OK.

You are really looking like a fool here, this has nothing to do with winning records, size of fan base, bowl games won by your school or overall football record. BYU brings the Pac 12 zero new dollars, they already have Utah in the conference, Montana has less than 1 million people, Iowa has over 3 million. Plus ISU is an AAU school, Boise is a Tier 2 school, basically a junior college academic wise.
So what? North Dakota has less than 1 million in population too. Does that point to the SEC going after the clowns to join their conference?

Ree - still pissed Iowa didn't give a drop dead take or leave on a 2 for 1 home and home. So would ISU walk? And lose their only sellout and only relevance. And if they walk then they get UNI coverage in the Register? What would Randy and Williams discuss year round? I am still so confused. Historically they are rated below teams that don't even have football programs anymore. I asked a question on another thread and if true I will be shocked. Does KF, the guy ISU fans rip and mock for salary, have more top 10's in his tenure than ISU has top 25's in its entire history? Simple question. If true that is a walk off on why Iowa and ISU is not a fair comparison and in fact not In the same universe. But oh yeah, we are in the same boat on conference realignment. What a joke.

Still here, just got home from work, as for your 2 for 1 idea, ISU would tell Iowa to stick it, hell it might be the best for both teams in the long run. Iowa would then go out and schedule another team from the MAC most years with a Syracuse or Pitt every now and then. Got to have those 7 home games. As to your other question, I never said ISU would be then only big 12 school to go, I also named Kansas State and Texas Tech. None of the schools want to play 2 time zones away, they will have no choice, if they want to keep the money coming in at anywhere near current levels. As to someone's comment about W. Virginia being fine and getting a home in the SEC or ACC, both conferences had a chance to add WV before they came to the Big 12, they both passed. ACC would be much better off taking U CONN, better basketball, larger state to draw from, more money, much better education. SEC might take them, but in my post, I stated they will take Oklahoma and Ok. State, so there will not be a spot for them in either conference. I suppose the Big 10 could take them, not going to happen, and they are further from the Pac 12 schools than the remaining Big 12 members.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT