ADVERTISEMENT

LuciousBDragon

HR Legend
Gold Member
Aug 31, 2017
The American Southwest
This is the junk that goes through my head at 2am.

Where do you draw the line at someone being murdered bs assassinated? Meaning, how important or significant must one be when they are killed to be considered assassinated instead of just plain ol’ murdered.

Both murder and assassinations can be pre-meditated of course.

Here are the definitions of each:

Assassination:
  • The act of assassinating; the act, especially of a hired emissary, of killing or murdering by surprise or secret assault; murder by treacherous violence.
  • n. The act of assassinating; a killing by treacherous violence.
Murdered
  • killed unlawfully.
  • v.
    Simple past tense and past participle of murder.
  • adj.
  • killed unlawfully

So a regular murder could be by surprise or secret assault right?

So I think it leaves some grey area here to discuss...

Franz Ferdinand was assassinated but Mrs. Dragon may be plotting revenge on my as we speak and put a pillow over my face tonight and the newspaper tomorrow would call it murder. Should it be worn as a badge of honor in heaven for the people who were assassinated vs just regular murdered? Maybe a special club for those who can say they were assassinated?

Last edited:
I just googled "Moshen Fakhrizadeh"

The NY Post called his death an assassination

The NY Times (initially) called it a murder.

You decide:

The assassination of Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was carried out by a highly trained hit squad of 62 people — pouncing in six vehicles after the local power supply was cut, according to local reports.

The killers included a team of 50 giving “logistical support” to the dirty dozen who carried out the actual ambush Friday, sources told leading Iranian journalist Mohamad Ahwaze.

All involved had “entered special training courses, as well as security and intelligence services abroad.”

“The team knew exactly the date and course of the movement of the Fakhrizadeh protection convoy in the smallest details,” allowing them to cut the scientist off as he went to his private villa in Absard.

Shortly before Fakhrizadeh drove through their ambush site, the team “cut off the electricity completely from this area” to slow reports of their assassination and any calls for help, the reporter said.

Fakhrizadeh was traveling in the middle of three bulletproof cars, with the killers striking after the first car entered a roundabout, the report said.

A booby-trapped Nissan was then detonated to block the car behind Fakhrizadeh — as 12 gunmen pounced on him, arriving via a Hyundai Santa Fe and four motorbikes.

“After the car bomb was detonated, 12 operatives opened fire towards Fakhrizadeh’s car and the first protection vehicle.”

“According to Iranian leaks, the leader of the assassination team took Fakhrizadeh out of his car and shot him and made sure he was killed.”

None of the hit squad were wounded or arrested during the gun battle with the Iranian’s bodyguards.

Last edited:
I just googled "Moshen Fakhrizadeh"

The NY Post called his death an assassination

The NY Times (initially) called it a murder.

You decide:

The assassination of Iranian nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was carried out by a highly trained hit squad of 62 people — pouncing in six vehicles after the local power supply was cut, according to local reports.

The killers included a team of 50 giving “logistical support” to the dirty dozen who carried out the actual ambush Friday, sources told leading Iranian journalist Mohamad Ahwaze.

All involved had “entered special training courses, as well as security and intelligence services abroad,” Ahwaze tweeted.

“The team knew exactly the date and course of the movement of the Fakhrizadeh protection convoy in the smallest details,” allowing them to cut the scientist off as he went to his private villa in Absard.

Shortly before Fakhrizadeh drove through their ambush site, the team “cut off the electricity completely from this area” to slow reports of their assassination and any calls for help, the reporter said.

Fakhrizadeh was traveling in the middle of three bulletproof cars, with the killers striking after the first car entered a roundabout, the report said.

A booby-trapped Nissan was then detonated to block the car behind Fakhrizadeh — as 12 gunmen pounced on him, arriving via a Hyundai Santa Fe and four motorbikes.

“After the car bomb was detonated, 12 operatives opened fire towards Fakhrizadeh’s car and the first protection vehicle.”

“According to Iranian leaks, the leader of the assassination team took Fakhrizadeh out of his car and shot him and made sure he was killed.”

None of the hit squad were wounded or arrested during the gun battle with the Iranian’s bodyguards.
Sounds like a well planned and executed murder to me!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT