ADVERTISEMENT

At what age did you no longer fear death?

Being forgotten and having an impact aren't the same thing. Regardless, Jenner's life has meaning and wasn't pointless. Point made. Michaelangelo (the artist, not the turtle)? Plato? Rosa Parks? How about Ryan White? Most today have no idea who he was but he changed the world in a big way and the impact is still felt even if he's forgotten.

Their lives had worldly meaning but not ultimate meaning if they're just dust now.

IMHO.

Their lives had worldly meaning but not ultimate meaning if they're just dust now.

IMHO.
And that can't be argued. But if there is no "ultimate meaning" - whatever that means - it doesn't indicate at all that anyone's worldly life was meaningless or pointless. Multiple examples disprove that idea. That particular point is now settled. If you need that "ultimate meaning" to give your life purpose, I have zero problems with that. Whatever gets you out of bed in the am and guides you to be a good person. Be a sect of one. Just don't try to make that a general rule. IMHO means it's YOUR opinion.

And that can't be argued. But if there is no "ultimate meaning" - whatever that means - it doesn't indicate at all that anyone's worldly life was meaningless or pointless. Multiple examples disprove that idea. That particular point is now settled. If you need that "ultimate meaning" to give your life purpose, I have zero problems with that. Whatever gets you out of bed in the am and guides you to be a good person. Be a sect of one. Just don't try to make that a general rule. IMHO means it's YOUR opinion.

Everyone has an opinion. You just gave yours.

Great tune. I'm 47 now. I fear a slow death (cancer, neurodegenerative disorder). If I walked out and got hit by bus it wouldn't bother me. I've had a good run. My kids are set up to be good people. All I ever cared about in life.

That being said, I haven't reached the time where it catches up- Health poor so you're in daily pain, can't do the things that brought you joy, and friends/loved ones gone. At that point I would welcome death.
Spot on. Even age-wise. (no kids, though)

We don't get to pick - unless self-assisted - but I want a quick and hopefully mostly painless death.

My biggest fear about death, is dying in a very slow painful agonizing fashion.

My next biggest fear about death is suffering Alzheimer's/dementia or similar and essentially 'dying' before actual death, just in the sense of losing sense of self and family. I've watched this happen to my grandfather, & his mother before him, and it honestly scares the shit out of me that it could also possibly be my future.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I recently took a long memory test and passed it with flying colors. Whatever they threw at me I could easily respond “Man, Woman, Person, Camera.” Many people are saying I broke the record for my age group. Could have been a doctor or scientist, I have knack for both.
Wow. You forgot "TV" every time? Not a good sign.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Sorry you think that. I’m good.
No need to apologize, just calling like I see it. You seem unhappy with your life, maybe I’m wrong, but your posting history says otherwise. Maybe you just come off angry?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT