ADVERTISEMENT

Austin DeSanto Granted Release

I’m pretty sure it’s documented he is autistic...

I do think it is important that people understand that being autistic can be differently interpreted from being on the "autistic spectrum disorder". There are a wide variety of symptoms and such that fall on the "spectrum". That being said, I would say just from the video that his "spectrum" is much more on the very mild side and can not be noticed just from a video.

Always a good slogan..."Pay attention to what a recruit does, not what a recruit says". I knew when McKenna was showing up with Cap'n America in pics, he was gone. If you see anything like that with Austin, then he's yours.

I think I saw one too many Teske vs Thomson headlines and they got blurred together in my mind. Any insight as to why Teske went to the Evil Empire instead of Iowa?

I think I saw one too many Teske vs Thomson headlines and they got blurred together in my mind. Any insight as to why Teske went to the Evil Empire instead of Iowa?

Beats me.

usa_today_10714978.0.jpg

I wish they'd lose the Nike swoosh from the front of those. Just not right.

Strongly disagree. NIKE is the preeminent sporting goods brand. Young kids recognize that logo and it only helps with recruiting, in my opinion. I love the new singlets and it appears NIKE is investing in the sport as Okla St., PSU, and OSU are all sporting the "swoosh" singlet. Change is a good thing.

Strongly disagree. NIKE is the preeminent sporting goods brand. Young kids recognize that logo and it only helps with recruiting, in my opinion. I love the new singlets and it appears NIKE is investing in the sport as Okla St., PSU, and OSU are all sporting the "swoosh" singlet. Change is a good thing.

This and I actually like the look of it. We still have the cleanest and best singlet in the game.

I get that and it makes sense. Just wish they could locate it on the right thigh opposite "IOWA" or something so the torso stayed all black.

Just for the sake of accuracy, Cael's been on the sh*t-list here in Iowa since he dumped all over ISU and Bobby Douglas - this was years before he invented wrestling in Happy Valley. Also, the Andrew Long incident didn't do much for his reputation here. So, it's not just envy.

Also, unlike the Brands brothers, who are actually amazing human beings, Cael is a DB

There was a camera angle showing he was pointing at his folks and old coach....and he said it in one of his interviews afterwards....folks, Jody, and his girl. It's my avatar, for chrissakes! I'm the self-appointed SUPERMAN LEE expert around here!!....

Just kidding.
Wrong! I have it from a reliable source that Spencer was pointing at his idol...Tarp!

Mom, Dad, Jody from Young Guns, and his girl. All in the front row on the floor. Props to his support system. Terry came over and gave them a big hug afterward, too.
I was in the "Lee needs to redshirt" camp arguing that even if he somehow managed a title, Iowa would only go from 5th to 3rd. However, when Spencer wanted to wrestle, I thought "why not?" and "I hope he doesn't finish 7th this year and then 1st, 1st, 1st as it'll be second guessing all the time".

What I didn't realize or underestimated was the positive impact on the whole program having Spencer finish first would have. One would assume that DeSanto took notice. And if it helps get Austin to Iowa City, then it adds to the list of unintended positive outcomes of pulling the 'shirt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT