ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Championship

mustang_horsepower

HR All-State
Sep 21, 2013
No matter who we play, we likely lose. However, I like this team... And if we are neck and neck at half (somehow or someway) that east team may be a little worried based on how our crazy season's unfolded. But the weapons they have will take care of business most likely...

Aside from us all wanting a win in the B1G championsip, what do you want to see from our Hawks next Saturday?

Personally, I'd like to see our defense keep whomever under 20 points and make it respectable. A limb thought is if, and big if, if we keep T.O.P gap close and the score close by half, it feeds into our hand of how this season has gone... And could lead to more surprising game than some think. I like this team and hate hearing we will just get slaughtered like vs. penn st... I just don't think it'll be. A lot of odd, intriguing, and great elements to this team!

Go Hawks in Indy!!

I want to see zero turnovers for us. The Penn st game got sideways after the All fumble and touched punt for a turnover. If we avoid both of those, I firmly believe we keep that game close. Still probably lose but maybe 20-10 or 24-13 or something like that.

We need to keep it a clean game against whichever team we play if we want a punchers chance. Turnovers or special teams issues and the game could get sideways fast again.

No matter who we play, we likely lose. However, I like this team... And if we are neck and neck at half (somehow or someway) that east team may be a little worried based on how our crazy season's unfolded. But the weapons they have will take care of business most likely...

Aside from us all wanting a win in the B1G championsip, what do you want to see from our Hawks next Saturday?

Personally, I'd like to see our defense keep whomever under 20 points and make it respectable. A limb thought is if, and big if, if we keep T.O.P gap close and the score close by half, it feeds into our hand of how this season has gone... And could lead to more surprising game than some think. I like this team and hate hearing we will just get slaughtered like vs. penn st... I just don't think it'll be. A lot of odd, intriguing, and great elements to this team!

Go Hawks in Indy!!

all-gas-no-brakes-go.gif

Last edited:
I fully expect us to get boat raced. Every West opponent Michigan has played they've beat them by 30-40. Yes, Iowa has the best defense out of every West opponent they've played. But our offense will do absolutely nothing all game. It will be 2021 all over again.

But hey, we're B1G West champs and denied the bugeaters a bowl game, so it's not all bad.

Go Hawks in Indy!!
Cool bro

I’d like our chances better in an outdoor stadium. Something about Hawkeye football outside in the cold - just find a way to win baby!

That said, and indoor track meet without CDJ, Lachey, All, and possibly Brown…Ooof.

My guess is Kirk will convince Day to let Iowa hang around so that he doesn't have to feel pressured to put in Lainez and/or Labas late in the game when we're down by 30+..........

Kirk will be like, "Hey Ryan once you get up by about 16-17, we'll call it good. I don't want my backup anywhere near the field with legitimate time left on the clock."

I am pretty sure the conference officials will protect Michigan/Ohio state in the championship game so that they don't miss out on the national championship opportunity.

Least exciting team in football, but I have been offered tix. Need one more to go with me. Unfortunately all my friends have kid stuff going on.

No one wants to watch you pathetic losers.
Oh look here's another fan of one of the worst P5 programs this century whose team just lost for the 8th time in 9 tries against these pathetic losers. Too bad your season ended so early. Again.

Oh look here's another fan of one of the worst P5 programs this century whose team just lost for the 8th time in 9 tries against these pathetic losers. Too bad your season ended so early. Again.
And still no championships loser. We are your daddy.

• Haha
Reactions: jonesy5960
No injuries is my hope. Thinking we have a chance to even keep it close is a waste of time.

And still no championships loser. We are your daddy.
You're nobody's daddy. Just a doormat program still out there trying to make everyone feel like you're still relevant. Nobody gives a shit what happened last century and you've become a laughingstock to everyone who still follows college football. On second thought that's why you're relevant today. Longest bowl drought in all of P5. You're welcome for another notch in that belt biatch 😊

Go Hawks in Indy!!
Prefer Michigan over Harrison and OSU

I’m curious to see how we hold up against a blue blood on a neutral field. The All fumble and the punt that bounced off our guy pretty much doomed any chance we had at PSU, so that game was kind of an anomaly. They probably still beat us but we never really had a chance in that one after the early miscues. Hey — it’s obviously a very slim chance but crazier upsets have happened. IF we can keep it interesting into the second half, the blue blood will start to feel the pressure and our guys will start to believe.

We aren’t going to sustain drives against the Cheaters or tOSU. I’d just like to see us move it close to midfield on most possessions. Realistically, I think our only chance is for Tory to be en fuego and pin them deep multiple times, putting pressure on their O and limiting their playbook. Then we need to force some turnovers and/or get great field position off their punts.

The uglier, the better. Gotta win field position, keep grinding, stay in it as long as possible, and hope they start to crack under the pressure. If we played 100 times, that probably happens once. Hoping that one happens next Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT