ADVERTISEMENT

Rename the B1G

Possible names:

1. SEC North

2. National American Association of Academics and Athletics Athletes (NAAAAA)

3. Super Giant Mega Happy Fun Time American Education Group Sports League!

Reactions: IACub
Yeah we wouldn’t have scored if we had All, Lachey, Cade, CJ, Brown, Dunk, Coop etc all healthy all yr. Unreal how ignorant some on here can be.
You honestly don’t think that if everyone in post were healthy this year that Iowa wouldn’t have scored more points?

The conference should not be renamed. The Big Ten is a brand that can’t be replicated. You don’t change a known brand name. That would be idiotic.
Round the new P2 to 24 teams each and change the names to this and be done with it.

B1G: AFC-Collegiate
SEC: NFC-Collegiate

The rest will all be Group of _________ and can have their own play-off system like the FCS.

Man, I hope I never need to rely on you to read a map. You didn't get a single one of your geographic statements correct. ALASKA is the state farthest to the east. Alaska is the northern most state. Hawaii is the farthest south and west. Now if you had said the continental US, you would have gotten 2 out of 4 correct but that's even unacceptable since it takes about 30 seconds to check the information online. Just in case you want to know, Minnesota is the northern most state a part of which can only be reached by traveling through Canada.
FIFY 😁

Reactions: Madman_1
Man, I hope I never need to rely on you to read a map. You didn't get a single one of your geographic statements correct. Maine is the state farthest to the east. Alaska is the northern most state. Hawaii is the farthest south and west. Now if you had said the continental US, you would have gotten 2 out of 4 correct but that's even unacceptable since it takes about 30 seconds to check the information online. Just in case you want to know, Minnesota is the northern most state a part of which can only be reached by traveling through Canada.
note the phrase "With a P5 team".

Reactions: Madman_1
B1G MAX, though there could be trademark issues with McDonald's.
Stan-arrives-at-Dennys-Applebees-Max-in-South-Park-Post-Covid.jpg

Reactions: ButtersHawk
Yeah, the name Big "Ten" hasn't made sense since Penn State joined. Or Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers. Yet they didn't change it, so I don't see it ever changing. The conference could contain 50 teams and they'll still call it Big Ten. And geography seems pretty irrelevant to conferences anymore.

If FSU joins the B1G, we will have teams in the westernmost state (CA) with a P5 team, the northernmost state (WA & MN) with a P5 team, the southernmost state (FL) with a P5 team and (almost, except for MA with Boston College) the easternmost state (NJ) with a P5 team. If this happens should the conference name be changed? I suggest CCC—Coast to Coast Conference.
B18GGER or B1GG8ER.

Circle Oregon and Washington, then circle USC and Ucla. Then draw a oval or tube like circle that connects the rest of the schools to the 2 circles out West. Rename it the MASSIVE MEMBER CONFERENCE.

They kept Big Ten when they added Penn State. They kept Big Ten when they messed up and added Nebraska. They kept Big Ten when they added Maryland and Rutgers. Why change it now? Coke didn’t rename just because it removed cocaine from their beverage. It’s a brand and it’s iconic.

That being said, they may change the G in B1G to look like an 8.

They kept Big Ten when they added Penn State. They kept Big Ten when they messed up and added Nebraska. They kept Big Ten when they added Maryland and Rutgers. Why change it now? Coke didn’t rename just because it removed cocaine from their beverage. It’s a brand and it’s iconic.

That being said, they may change the G in B1G to look like an 8.
IMO they should scrap the B1G thing. I recall when they came out with that, most of us were like, "Huh? What the heck is B1G?" Then after it was explained... "Ooooh, ok, now I get it." It's not a great idea IMO if you have to explain it to people.

Just come up with a good looking Big Ten logo. Keep it simple and don't try to get cute with it.

Keep the name. It's a brand. It's been a brand since they added Penn State in 1990, even cleverly adding in the number 11 within the brand name. So I'm fine with keeping the name.

But, please, please, please Big Ten office, start over with a new Big Ten record book. Close the book on the old one. BT Old Testament and the BT New Testament, or something like that.

If FSU joins the B1G, we will have teams in the westernmost state (CA) with a P5 team, the northernmost state (WA & MN) with a P5 team, the southernmost state (FL) with a P5 team and (almost, except for MA with Boston College) the easternmost state (NJ) with a P5 team. If this happens should the conference name be changed? I suggest CCC—Coast to Coast Conference.
B1Gx2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT