CGrL6j6WoAEZUdW

Warner vs Breske
First Period
Warner go behind quick TD 2-0
Stalling on Breske RT over 1 min
Second stall call on Breske 3-0 Warner
Strong ride from Warner using all his weight on Breske
End of 1, 3-0 Warner 2:38 RT

I doubt the coaches are telling the guys "Don;t take any shots until the 3rd period".. It's on the wrestlers.. they know they have to get it going.. but just don't for some reason.
This. It’s abundantly clear that those who get it get it. And those who don’t don’t.

Maybe maybe not but whatever we're preaching now isn't getting across. Sometimes it's not the message but the messenger that makes a difference
Agree, but if that’s the case Tom and Terry need to go. Don’t add on Ironside, but replace with Ironside.

Reactions: artradley
Breske scores TD 3-2 Warner
Warner escape 4-2 Warner
Warner go behind TD 6-2
End of 2nd period

Team score after Cash's match.........

Penn State 50.5
Minnesota 45.5
Michigan 45
Ohio State 36
Iowa 33
This sums up the Iowa fans who took the time to drive to Minneapolis, fight a winter storm, pay a few hundred bucks on hotel rooms, a few hundred on tickets/concessions and a few hundred on food/lots of alcohol:

Bring on Cass. Stoll took one shot the whole match and it was trash. He didn't deserve the stall call he got but that's usually the case for him

How many matches has ironside coached? And y'all want to replace a HOF asst coach with a guy with zero experience. Hard pass
I wouldn’t want to do that, but adding him to the staff would be just as stupid imo.

Warner down escapes 7-2 with RT
Warner almost gives up TD but roles through for TD 9-2
Warner gives up escape TD but wins 9-5

Reactions: MSeil
Its not the Gable era we need progress we are coming from behind now.

And losing close to the #4 seed in the conference is progress? It's not...it's a moral victory, and a weak one at that.

Warner went from majoring a guy 10-2 without attempting a shot, to winning 9-5 in a couple seconds.

I doubt the coaches are telling the guys "Don;t take any shots until the 3rd period".. It's on the wrestlers.. they know they have to get it going.. but just don't for some reason.
That’s what I thought... 8 years ago... 4 years ago... last year...
When you have different kids, doing the same shit, wresting the same way, getting the same results, how can that not be coaching?!
It may not be the message, but the wrestling style is still the same.
If nothing else, maybe consider HOW you are coaching it. Something has to change.
Iowa not being able to score on their feet in the quarters of the B1G is really alarming.

Last edited:
Warner lost the bonus point in the final second with sloppiness, but generally looked good.

I dont know who would be better as a coach for the Iowa program but I can guarantee fighting for 3-4 place in BIG and Nationals is not what is expected or should be accepted.
Every team could have a disappointing year due to injuries, graduation, some bad luck..., but we are seeing a trend.

Reactions: TarpHawk
At some point we have to stop blaming the wrestlers. They are not good enough. Either we got the wrong guys or we aren’t developing them enough, or both.
i think its a combo of recruiting, coaching & culture

but hey, i hear this new wrestling facility will make all the difference :)

Reactions: crablegs1
Parris in another tight one with Jennings. Struggling once again with the size difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT