ADVERTISEMENT

Back to the hotel

Hawkfan_08

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
We all know this but 3 plays wrapped the entire game up.
1. Punt return to the 5.
2. Jaz fumble after not getting the roughing call.
3. Hill fumble.

Entringer looked really upset after the game and was kind of consoled by Woods walking off. Woods is a great guy and I'm glad he is here. However, as mad as we all are at the lack of offense, you could tell Entringer felt bad about missing the tackle on the punt coverage. I want him to succeed next year really bad.

Michigan fans were actually fine. Nobody around us were jerks. Almost all admitted our defense was nails. Many asked why we don't have a mobile qb... great question.

It was loud in the stadium. We were outnumbered by quite a bit. We tried our best and got one false start :)

1. Punt return to the 5.
3. Hill fumble.

Entringer looked really upset after the game and was kind of consoled by Woods walking off. Woods is a great guy and I'm glad he is here. However, as mad as we all are at the lack of offense, you could tell Entringer felt bad about missing the tackle on the punt coverage. I want him to succeed next year really bad.

Michigan fans were actually fine. Nobody around us were jerks. Almost all admitted our defense was nails. Many asked why we don't have a mobile qb... great question.

It was loud in the stadium. We were outnumbered by quite a bit. We tried our best and got one false start :)
Entringer actually wasn’t the issue and made an incredible play running him down actually. The gunners overran the play.

He was one of the first two to meet the returner and get split (with Nester #7). He did make a fantastic play and was on the field quite a bit on 3rd down.
He missed the first tackle and made it all the way back? I’ll have to go back and look. I hate the end result but damn if I don’t love that effort if that’s accurate.

Fell down too. Great hustle play after the first miss.

Oh wow… speechless. Heart breaks for the kid but I’ll NEVER dog a guy with that effort. In fact, that’s the kind of stuff you show to recruits. “Do you have this level of character and effort in you? This level of resilience?”

1. Punt return to the 5.
3. Hill fumble.

I told Entringer's folks thanks for them picking Iowa & that he will be the next star on this defense.

csb/

It's one of the many questions that a lot of us have been asking for years.
Did you respond with a "what's the upside" or "that's football" with a classic KF smirk?

Did you respond with a "what's the upside" or "that's football" with a classic KF smirk?

More or less, haha. I said we had one, he was crazy successful, so we had to level the playing field.

He was one of the first two to meet the returner and get split (with Nester #7). He did make a fantastic play and was on the field quite a bit on 3rd down.
KE was in on 3rd downs? Keon had a really poor game on ST last night. Fine effort to track down the returner after he ran by him, but he also had a really bad illegal block on one of Wetjens really good PR.

Entringer actually wasn’t the issue and made an incredible play running him down actually. The gunners overran the play.
I give him a ton of credit for hustling back, but YES he was one of the gunners, at least he's the guy who missed the return man. He's the guy playing in place of CDJ, (you know THAT guy) on punt coverage, and in the first game Coop was out he's also the guy who whiffed on downing the punt inside the 5 and let it roll into the end zone. I couldn't help wondering on that one also, "man if Coop was back there" that punt gets downed at the two, as we've seen so many times.

He missed the first tackle and made it all the way back? I’ll have to go back and look. I hate the end result but damn if I don’t love that effort if that’s accurate.
YES, he was the guy who missed. I ran it back twice, and was amazed that he ended up weaving through traffic to run him out at the other two. The return man had to change direction several times so he was able to catch up to him on the angle, but he most definetly was the guy who missed the initial tackle.

Gennings Dunker is our starting QB next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT