Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 77 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 74 41.6%
  • Unsure/Maybe

Votes: 27 15.2%

• Total voters
Spoken like a true Christian. My God is the only God. My religion is the only true religion.

The Hindus, Buddists, and Muslims clearly are just misguided.

Atheism and Christianity can't both be true. They make completely different claims.

I believe all religions have good in them.

Hindus, Buddhists and Muslims all teach some form of the Golden Rule, for example.

Serious question : where do you think your inner drive to good things to others came from?
Could it be because man was created in Gods image to display His qualities ? His love , generosity and other good things that you display?
Your hatred of child rape? Could it come from seeing injustice and a hatred for evil things like that? Just like God who hates those things as well ?
where people get lost is that most religion teaches its gods will that evil happens and that he is in control of the present world as we see it . One simple fact escapes their minds: the Bible teaches that Satan the Devil is the ruler of this world and He is responsible for the terrible suffering we are around us.(1st John 5:19) God never intended humans to suffer , and in fact has taken steps to give us a way out of the current situation humans find themselves in. Jesus preached about this kingdom when on earth . It will permanently end all the problems face…
Drive to do good comes from two things:

1. Simple evolutionary programming in the brain dictated by thousands of years of evolution. The minute cave men could figure out they survived better if they banded together, our brains started to adapt. The thieving and murderous thugs were banished out of the cave to fend for themselves.

2. The simple knowledge that someone will come by bigger and stronger than me. If I went around beating up my neighbors and stealing their food someone bigger will undoubtedly come by and beat me up. Therefore we enter into a social contract that says, don't beat each other up and steal their food.

Atheism and Christianity can't both be true. They make completely different claims.

I believe all religions have good in them.

Hindus, Buddhists and Muslims all teach some form of the Golden Rule, for example.
So does elementary school. Most of us don't need a fake book and fake profiteers preaching to us to do the right thing. We just do it.

The worst people I've met in my lifetime were all devout Christians. The fakest people I've met in my lifetime were all devout Christians. That includes many family members.

So does elementary school. Most of us don't need a fake book and fake profiteers preaching to us to do the right thing. We just do it.

The worst people I've met in my lifetime were all devout Christians. The fakest people I've met in my lifetime were all devout Christians. That includes many family members.

How often do you do the "right thing", though? That's my point.

Every atheist thinks they're good because they make up their own standards. I've never talked to an atheist that didn't hype their own goodness.

The Bible says if you do something bad in your heart, you've done it.

There really is no comparison overall and I've been deep in both the atheist and Christian communities.

Atheists give less to charity and volunteer less, too.

How often do you do the "right thing", though? That's my point.

Every atheist thinks they're good because they make up their own standards. I've never talked to an atheist that didn't hype their own goodness.

The Bible says if you do something bad in your heart, you've done it.

There really is no comparison overall and I've been deep in both the atheist and Christian communities.

Atheists give less to charity and volunteer less, too.

Atheists do not make up their own standard. You are speaking of adults as if they are children that need right from wrong spelled out for them every Sunday or they'll simply have no clue how to act. That simply isn't the case.

Values and morals are somewhat learned but I also believe that humans have an inherent yearning to help their fellow man, much like other animals do. We are, after all, just animals despite our egos telling us otherwise.

You learn your values and morals from your family for the most part when you're a child, not from a book or sermon when you're 40 years old. If you need a weekly refresher on right from wrong, you are a bad person.

Atheists do not make up their own standard. You are speaking of adults as if they are children that need right from wrong spelled out for them every Sunday or they'll simply have no clue how to act. That simply isn't the case.

Values and morals are somewhat learned but I also believe that humans have an inherent yearning to help their fellow man, much like other animals do. We are, after all, just animals despite our egos telling us otherwise.

You learn your values and morals from your family for the most part when you're a child, not from a book or sermon when you're 40 years old. If you need a weekly refresher on right from wrong, you are a bad person.

Atheists DO make up their own standard because there is no authority besides themselves, so they literally make everything up as they go along.

And the social sciences show it...atheists give less to charity and volunteer less than Church goers do.

"On average, religiously affiliated households donate $1,590 to charity annually, while households with no religious affiliation contribute $695.

And in 2016 religious institutions received more than twice as much charitable giving, $122.94 billion, as any other industry in the nonprofit sector. The next-highest category, education, received $59.77 billion in contributions."

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I disagree.

I'm an ex-atheist. The atheist community is the most narcissistic group around.

They all think they're Mother Teresa times ten.

Since they're atheists, they get to make up their own morality so by their own standards, they think they're just swell.

In reality, humans are masters of self-deception.
Lol. As an ex-christian who grew up in NW Iowa amongst tons of "Christians", I say you're full of shizza. Other than this forum, I don't think I've had a conversation regarding religion with anyone in years. Literally not a one. But hey, I'm sure you've had tons of conversations with real life atheists. humans are masters of self deception, aren't they?

Lol. As an ex-christian who grew up in NW Iowa amongst tons of "Christians", I say you're full of shizza. Other than this forum, I don't think I've had a conversation regarding religion with anyone in years. Literally not a one. But hey, I'm sure you've had tons of conversations with real life atheists. humans are masters of self deception, aren't they?

Yes, they sure are.

Even Adolf Hitler thought he was "good."

(Another atheist, BTW.)

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
How much DNA do humans share with wheat crops? I think I might have a novel new possible proof for transubstantiation.

Yes, they sure are.

Even Adolf Hitler thought he was "good."

(Another atheist, BTW.)

So did the Latin church when they slaughtered hundreds over the course of the crusades. Or Muslim terrorists. Or the Christian terrorists who bomb health care clinics and shoot up mosques.

If you'd like to list all the bad atheists over the course of history and compare them to the list of bad religious people (or even just bad Christians), I think you'd find the latter list much, much longer.

Atheists DO make up their own standard because there is no authority besides themselves, so they literally make everything up as they go along.

And the social sciences show it...atheists give less to charity and volunteer less than Church goers do.

"On average, religiously affiliated households donate $1,590 to charity annually, while households with no religious affiliation contribute $695.

And in 2016 religious institutions received more than twice as much charitable giving, $122.94 billion, as any other industry in the nonprofit sector. The next-highest category, education, received $59.77 billion in contributions."

So you need the church "authority" to give you a standard on a weekly basis?

What do you do when you have to make a decision on a daily basis? Do you call your pastor for guidance to determine if it's right or wrong? I'll answer for you...no, you don't. So how ever do you know what to do? Because this isn't rocket science. Determining what is right and what is wrong is easy. Acting on the right thing is the harder part. What history has told us is that religious people have made the most immoral decisions.

Whether you give to charity is the least of the worries when it comes to morality.

So did the Latin church when they slaughtered hundreds over the course of the crusades. Or Muslim terrorists. Or the Christian terrorists who bomb health care clinics and shoot up mosques.

If you'd like to list all the bad atheists over the course of history and compare them to the list of bad religious people (or even just bad Christians), I think you'd find the latter list much, much longer.

"Christian terrorists who shoot up health care clinics and mosques?" 😆 How many dozen has that been?

You'd be wrong. Certainly.

Mao
Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Mussolini
Kim family in North Korea

That's gotta be 100 million dead people under atheist leaders.

You're not even close to right.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
So you need the church "authority" to give you a standard on a weekly basis?

What do you do when you have to make a decision on a daily basis? Do you call your pastor for guidance to determine if it's right or wrong? I'll answer for you...no, you don't. So how ever do you know what to do? Because this isn't rocket science. Determining what is right and what is wrong is easy. Acting on the right thing is the harder part. What history has told us is that religious people have made the most immoral decisions.

Whether you give to charity is the least of the worries when it comes to morality.

Without any authority, atheists do what they want. They tend to be more self centered. That's proven by the social sciences.

When you're an atheist, your God is you.

"Christian terrorists who shoot up health care clinics and mosques?" 😆 How many dozen has that been?

Mao
Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Mussolini

Lol. So you listed a handful of bad people. None of whom did their evil in the name of atheism. Thanks for making my point. The number of religious people who have participated in wars and atrocities in the name of religion is still higher. I wasn't commenting on the number of victims.

Lol. So you listed a handful of bad people. None of whom did their evil in the name of atheism. Thanks for making my point. The number of religious people who have participated in wars and atrocities in the name of religion is still higher. I wasn't commenting on the number of victims.

I listed the biggest mass murderers in history, all of whom were atheists. You made a ridiculous claim.

The number of victims speak for themselves, especially since atheists were a minority in the 20th century.

You must be boozing extra hard tonight.

• Haha
I listed the biggest mass murderers in history, all of whom were atheists. You made a ridiculous claim.

The number of victims speak for themselves, especially since atheists were a minority in the 20th century.
It's not my fault you can't read or understand what I wrote. You judge and make inferences that aren't there. A perfect Christian, really.

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Sweet. Please refer to me as HORT God from now on.

As to your claim that you're a good person, I've been reading your posts for awhile and you don't seem good to me. But I know the low standard of "good" that atheists have.

No offense.

It's not my fault you can't read or understand what I wrote. You judge and make inferences that aren't there. A perfect Christian, really.

Your post was objectively false.

You're boozing more than usual tonight.

But it's OK, you're still a "good person", in your own view.

As to your claim that you're a good person, I've been reading your posts for awhile and you don't seem good to me. But I know the low standard of "good" that atheists have.

No offense.
Your standard of good is how one posts on an anonymous message board? It's no wonder you think Christians are better people. They save their shit talking for the rest of the week outside of the hour in church on Sunday.

Your post was objectively false.

You're boozing more than usual tonight.

But it's OK, you're still a "good person", in your own view.
You can't read. That's not my fault. You should pray for God to bless you with reading comprehension. But only if you say a couple rosaries and hail Marys.

Your standard of good is how one posts on an anonymous message board? It's no wonder you think Christians are better people. They save their shit talking for the rest of the week outside of the hour in church on Sunday.

How one posts on an anonymous message board can certainly reveal one's character and yours is lacking.

But, keep boozing and calling yourself good.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
You can't read. That's not my fault. You should pray for God to bless you with reading comprehension. But only if you say a couple rosaries and hail Marys.

You can't do logic. The atheist body count from the 20th century is astronomical. You can dismiss it irrationally.

Your brain is clogged with beer. You are not a good person, as you claim.

You can't do logic. The atheist body count from the 20th century is astronomical. You can dismiss it irrationally.

Your brain is clogged with beer. You are not a good person, as you claim.

If we're judging each other on message board behavior, you're an misogynistic arrogant nutjob and you've gotten worse over time as you've gotten closer to God.

Reactions: artradley
If we're judging each other on message board behavior, you're an misogynistic arrogant nutjob and you've gotten worse over time as you've gotten closer to God.

I understand. I certainly have flaws.

You're also a drug addict like JWolf. You tend to not brag as much about it, though.

Mao
Hitler
Stalin
Pol Pot
Mussolini

Kim believes himself a deity. Hitler disliked atheists and was a German Christian.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Kim believes himself a deity. Hitler disliked atheists and was a German Christian.

Kim believes he is a deity, that kinda proves my point about atheists, no? :)

Hitler was not a Christian. Hitler never attended Church as an adult. He told his secretary Traudl Junge that "nature" was his religion and his valet Heinz Linge that once one was dead they were "finished." He also told Goebbels he "hated" Christianity because it was a "branch of Judaism" and that he would destroy the Churches after the war. The Nazis also killed thousands of Christian clergy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

• Haha
How one posts on an anonymous message board can certainly reveal one's character and yours is lacking.

But, keep boozing and calling yourself good.
Boozing, good sir, I can point out Christian hypocrisy without the aid of alcohol. You people make it ridiculously easy.

Perhaps you should have a drink. You seem upright. Have a triscuit with it and pretend it's communion.

Boozing, good sir, I can point out Christian hypocrisy without the aid of alcohol. You people make it ridiculously easy.

Perhaps you should have a drink. You seem upright. Have a triscuit with it and pretend it's communion.

I had one beer tonight, actually.

Unlike you, I can stop at one. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT