Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 77 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 74 41.6%
  • Unsure/Maybe

Votes: 27 15.2%

• Total voters
Your faith always comes back to Pascal's Wager. You have no faith. You are a fraudulent "believer." You should worry about your own flaws, charlatan.

No, it doesn't.

I just enjoy debating Pascal's Wager because it's not as easily refuted as you think.

You can't do logic. The atheist body count from the 20th century is astronomical. You can dismiss it irrationally.

Your brain is clogged with beer. You are not a good person, as you claim.

The body count of holy wars over the course of history is astronomical. But don't worry, those Muslims and pagans had it coming.

There's that Christian judgement. Based on absolutely no knowledge of the person. It's a hallmark of Christianity, really. BTW-i average single digit drinks per week. Just in case you want to apologize. I'll forgive you, my son.

Reactions: longliveCS40
The body count of holy wars over the course of history is astronomical. But don't worry, those Muslims and pagans had it coming.

There's that Christian judgement. Based on absolutely no knowledge of the person. It's a hallmark of Christianity, really. BTW-i average single digit drinks per week. Just in case you want to apologize. I'll forgive you, my son.

The body count of "holy wars" doesn't surpass Mao, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mussolini and Lenin.

And I'm glad you don't booze as much as you brag about here on HROT; for your sake.

I understand. I certainly have flaws.

You're also a drug addict like JWolf. You tend to not brag as much about it, though.
Pardon? It's pantoprazole. I need it so I don't have reflux all night. I don't even get a buzz. Which is crap, but what are ya gonna do?

Pardon? It's pantoprazole. I need it so I don't have reflux all night. I don't even get a buzz. Which is crap, but what are ya gonna do?

I told you the booze isn't helping you.

Lol. So you listed a handful of bad people. None of whom did their evil in the name of atheism. Thanks for making my point. The number of religious people who have participated in wars and atrocities in the name of religion is still higher. I wasn't commenting on the number of victims.
They all did it in the name of atheism because they did it for themselves.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
I told you the booze isn't helping you.

Yep. Seem to recall a couple slides on that in med school.

thanks-partner-kid.gif

Nah.

I stand by my assessment of your character.

You're an arrogant mega douche; truly one of the worst on HROT.
I do what I can. Mainly spending the last couple pages pointing out how full of shizza you are. Christian hypocrites are so fun, but I repeat myself.

Yep. Seem to recall a couple slides on that in med school.

thanks-partner-kid.gif

BTW, my Uncle is a brain surgeon at a major hospital and he doesn't remind people he's an MD every third sentence as you do.

That's just another layer of your douchiness.

BTW, my Uncle is a brain surgeon at a major hospital and he doesn't remind people he's an MD every third sentence as you do.

That's just another layer of your douchiness.
Your uncle has a much bigger God complex than I could ever imagine. But I only base that on every interaction I've ever had with any brain surgeon ever.

Your uncle has a much bigger God complex than I could ever imagine. But I only base that on every interaction I've ever had with any brain surgeon ever.

He does general surgery, too, and he doesn't have a God complex. He's very humble.

Lol. Sure, Jan.

Good for him. Hopefully he's not an aggressive turd about it like his hypocritical nephew.

I can't be a hypocrite when I gladly admit I have flaws.

But, keep claiming to be "good" yourself. I could name 10 other HROT posters that are better people than you very quickly, JWolf.

You're bottom 10. Easily.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
I can't be a hypocrite when I gladly admit I have flaws.

But, keep claiming to be "good" yourself. I could name 10 other HROT posters that are better people than you very quickly, JWolf.

You're bottom 10. Easily.
Since you haven't met me or the others in person, you really can't. I've trolled you to my and other's enjoyment for the last couple pages. That puts me in the top 69%, easily.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
Without any authority, atheists do what they want. They tend to be more self centered. That's proven by the social sciences.

When you're an atheist, your God is you.
Lol, who's more conceited? Two options, one is special and the other not special. You decide who is who.

1. A guy who goes around knowing he is going to die in 75 years. He accepts this finality and has the perception he is lucky to simply exist due to random chance. His entire species will be wiped out in a few million years. His home planet, a spec of dust in the scheme of the universe, just happens to spin in the habitable zone. Believes there are other rocks in the galaxy containing different alien and sentient creatures.

2. A guy who thinks on omniscient and powerful being crafted them in his image. Then that same being is going to monitor his life, taking note of good deeds and bad actions. Finally, this man will be rewarded with eternal happiness as he entered heaven because he believes he has been measured and made the mark. This trip to heaven clearly defines him as better then those who fell short and burn in hell.

"Religion teaches people to be extremely self-centered and conceited. It assures them that god cares for them individually, and it claims that the cosmos was created with them specifically in mind."- Christopher Hitchens

So was it something you heard in church that changed your thinking? What was it ?

I suddenly realized how egocentric it was.....an omnipotent, loving God wouldn't pick one species above all other, especially not our species

@HawkFan1298, does it bother you that atheists are more compassionate than believers? I dare say it's more Christ-like.

Nah. As I've posted, atheists give about 30% to charity compared to weekly Church goers. They also volunteer less. So, we can judge them by their fruits, which aren't great.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Nothing turns me off from religion more than reading Brian's sermon here on HORT. Wouldn't surprise me if he's net negative in terms of recruiting success. What an awful ambassador for the faiths.

I'm an ex-atheist. I admit I can get aggressive because I feel like I was brainwashed by a cult of narcissists like Richard Dawkins for 8 years.

Atheists push 2 myths that I believed:

1.) "Science proves there's no God." (Even though 40% of scientists in America believe in God, according to Neil DeGrasse Tyson) as did the greatest scientist of all time, Sir Isaac Newton.)

2.) "Jesus was a myth." (Even though almost all historical scholars believe Jesus was a real person.)

If I can get out of atheism, other people can, too.

ADVERTISEMENT