Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 77 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 74 41.6%
  • Unsure/Maybe

Votes: 27 15.2%

• Total voters
Can you imagine if the Catholic Church hadn't shot themselves in the foot with credibility with general public with the abuse scandal and the Catholic population was a little more united behind their leadership and we listened to them about Iraq:

I am a cradle catholic. I struggle with it as well (How could God who loves us unconditionally ever send a soul to Hell?), but I realize free will is the only way. God won't make us love Him. I decided to just live with my certainty that I will be in Heaven and that I want everyone to be there too.

I keep it simple. God loves us unconditionally. When I stop there my life is better than when I try to make sense of everything else
I respect it but to believe in everything that is in there is lunacy. Then you are trying to sway a debate on what happens by just quoting the Bible to change my mind. I just don’t have respect for someone like you tbh.
So what exactly would it take to “sway “ you as you say ? Wht other source of wisdom would you accept? Some imperfect man with a bunch of human philosophy? You tell me where do you think we should get wisdom from ? I’m dying to know what source you have that’s proven to be more reliable than the Bible ?
Tell me what other book or source of information could prophecy an event 200 years in advance with pinpoint accuracy ?
I’ll wait

Because for billions of years we didn't exist. In a few decades from now, we won't exist again, for billions and billions of years.

Nothing is more real than this.

I think it's irresponsible to not be concerned with one's ultimate fate.
And what makes you think people won’t be here? You’re good at laughing at my reliable source of the scriptures but I’ve yet to see you add any real evidence or substance to this discussion . Let’s hear your superior human opinion LOL

So what exactly would it take to “sway “ you as you say ? Wht other source of wisdom would you accept? Some imperfect man with a bunch of human philosophy? You tell me where do you think we should get wisdom from ? I’m dying to know what source you have that’s proven to be more reliable than the Bible ?
Tell me what other book or source of information could prophecy an event 200 years in advance with pinpoint accuracy ?
I’ll wait
“Prophecy an event 200 years in advance with pinpoint accuracy”

Holy Moly lmao. Yeah I am done talking about this subject with you lol. Unleash your crazy on someone else

“Prophecy an event 200 years in advance with pinpoint accuracy”

Holy Moly lmao. Yeah I am done talking about this subject with you lol. Unleash your crazy on someone else
Truth hurts don’t it?
The truth is some people don’t want to accept the Bible could be divinely inspired. It would require personal responsibility and that frightens alot of people. That’s ok . You’re not alone . We’ll agree to disagree .

• Haha
Reactions: BrunoMars420
Truth hurts don’t it?
The truth is some people don’t want to accept the Bible could be divinely inspired. It would require personal responsibility and that frightens alot of people. That’s ok . You’re not alone . We’ll agree to disagree .
One last point I want to make. You and your type come off as smug d bags. I’m cool and respect people that accept Christ and go about it without acting like you. Your type is one of the main reasons I turned atheist in the first place. If you add in all the pedophilia and death that has been caused by religion then it’s a no brainer to not be religious.

One last point I want to make. You and your type come off as smug d bags. I’m cool and respect people that accept Christ and go about it without acting like you. Your type is one of the main reasons I turned atheist in the first place. If you add in all the pedophilia and death that has been caused by religion then it’s a no brainer to not be religious.
My type? The type that defends the Bible ? Lol all I’ve done is to try and provide some good information that might help you . You’ve done all you can to insult my belief in the Bible. Don’t make me out to be the bad guy . I don’t have any personal beef with you at all . But I’m as passionate at defending the Bible as you are on disproving it . Fair enough?

My type? The type that defends the Bible ? Lol all I’ve done is to try and provide some good information that might help you . You’ve done all you can to insult my belief in the Bible. Don’t make me out to be the bad guy . I don’t have any personal beef with you at all . But I’m as passionate at defending the Bible as you are on disproving it . Fair enough?
Do you literally believe in the text of the Bible?

Do you literally believe in the text of the Bible?
I believe the whole Bible to be the inspired word of God yes. It’s information and guidance has been timeless in helping change lives , and provide instruction on how to be happy . Not surprising as it only makes sense that as our Creator God would know what we need to be successful in life

Then why do you link to modern interpretations of scripture? How do you know that people interpreting these texts today are right?
I’m totally unbiased on scripture King James is more than fine. The Bible’s timeless advise still applies . I just prefer not having to decipher things with the thous and the thy …

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Truth hurts don’t it?
The people that compiled the Bible couldn’t agree on everything to put in it.
what contemporaneous writings are in the Bible?
Why are some stories ok to be in the Bible and some aren’t?
where did the weird stories of a young Jesus come from?
why does the story of jesus take so many liberties from pagan stories? To win converts? Lack of imagination?
Why do humans show up a couple billion years after the first life forms? Why did Homo sapiens win out but our other cousins went extinct?

I believe the whole Bible to be the inspired word of God yes. It’s information and guidance has been timeless in helping change lives , and provide instruction on how to be happy . Not surprising as it only makes sense that as our Creator God would know what we need to be successful in life
Please look more into the history of how the Bible came to be. This would be a good start:
The Biblical Canon: Its Origin, Transmission, and Authority
https://a.co/gzhgctY

Lack of evidence is the biggest one, but there's a couple of other reasons
I’d be curious to hear them sometime . Lots of people when they suffer some kind of tragedy start to question Gods existence. You’re not alone . Hard for some people to reconcile a loving God and why he’d would allow suffering .

I’d be curious to hear them sometime . Lots of people when they suffer some kind of tragedy start to question Gods existence. You’re not alone . Hard for some people to reconcile a loving God and why he’d would allow suffering .

I stopped believing in an omnipotent God at least 2 years before I got hurt, nevermind the fact that getting put in a chair was the best thing that happened to me....even with all the shit I've had to deal with here recently

I stopped believing in an omnipotent God at least 2 years before I got hurt, nevermind the fact that getting put in a chair was the best thing that happened to me....even with all the shit I've had to deal with here recently
What was the reason you stopped believing ?What kind of accident did you have that put you in a wchr?

That does not support the idea of a literal place of fire and brimstone where souls suffer endlessly for eternity. When Jesus spoke of “hell,” it was almost always Gehenna—a literal place where trash was being burned and where child sacrifices once occurred. Jesus is quoted as saying to fear God who can destroy both body and soul in Gehenna.

Look at Revelation where damned souls are eventually cast into the lake of fire. That is the final or second death. Only Satan, the beast, and false prophet will suffer eternal torment.
The parable of the weeds covers this I believe. The weeds are burned but I think that’s it, it doesn’t take forever.

Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, "Gather the weeds first and tie them in bundles for burning, but bring the wheat into my barn." Matthew 13:30

Then Jesus left the crowds and went into the house. His disciples came to him and asked, "Explain to us the parable about the weeds in the field." He answered, "The person who sowed good seed is the Son of Man, while the field is the world. The good seed are those who belong to the kingdom, while the weeds are those who belong to the evil one. The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. Just as weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so it will be at end of the age. The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. Matthew 13:36-41

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkFan1298
What was the reason you stopped believing ?What kind of accident did you have that put you in a wchr?

I was sitting in church and just had a moment of clarity, best way I can put it.....was heading to Kings Island and flipped a car fracturing my spine

I was sitting in church and just had a moment of clarity, best way I can put it.....was heading to Kings Island and flipped a car fracturing my spine
So was it something you heard in church that changed your thinking? What was it ?

God's a prick. He decided it's ok for my neighbor's kid to get a terrible sarcoma at the age of 13 and die a prolonged and painful death that nearly destroyed that poor family. If he's all knowing and powerful and that is how he treats us (hint-we are all God's children) then he can eff off.

I don’t think we were ever promised that bad things wouldn’t happen

I'm an adult, so I don't believe in Santa Claus, leprechauns, or an omnipotent sky fairy. I do good things, donate to charity, and help others because of an inner drive to do those things. Not out of some fear of eternal hellfire or because they pass the plate at church on Sunday.

This thread is the perfect example of why so many people are turned off of religion. That and the child rape.

I'm an adult, so I don't believe in Santa Claus, leprechauns, or an omnipotent sky fairy. I do good things, donate to charity, and help others because of an inner drive to do those things. Not out of some fear of eternal hellfire or because they pass the plate at church on Sunday.

This thread is the perfect example of why so many people are turned off of religion. That and the child rape.

How good are you?

I've never engaged with an atheist that didn't think they were a really good person.

It's almost comical.

How good are you?

I've never engaged with an atheist that didn't think they were a really good person.

It's almost comical.
On a scale of MAGA to Mother Theresa, I'm pretty swell. There is no one more full of themselves than Christians who spend all week acting like assholes, posting in HROT religion threads, but believe they're saved because they do to church once a week and throw a $10 in the collection plate.

I’ll wait
Uhhh wut? What event do you think the Bible predicted 200 years out?

Reactions: RileyHawk
On a scale of MAGA to Mother Theresa, I'm pretty swell. There is no one more full of themselves than Christians who spend all week acting like assholes, posting in HROT religion threads, but believe they're saved because they do to church once a week and throw a $10 in the collection plate.

I disagree.

I'm an ex-atheist. The atheist community is the most narcissistic group around.

They all think they're Mother Teresa times ten.

Since they're atheists, they get to make up their own morality so by their own standards, they think they're just swell.

In reality, humans are masters of self-deception.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
How good are you?

It's almost comical.

That's because you're extremely online and born again and didn't go to Catholic school or you'd know plenty of atheists who hate themselves (as they were trained).

Serious question : where do you think your inner drive to good things to others came from?
Could it be because man was created in Gods image to display His qualities ? His love , generosity and other good things that you display?
Your hatred of child rape? Could it come from seeing injustice and a hatred for evil things like that? Just like God who hates those things as well ?
where people get lost is that most religion teaches its gods will that evil happens and that he is in control of the present world as we see it . One simple fact escapes their minds: the Bible teaches that Satan the Devil is the ruler of this world and He is responsible for the terrible suffering we are around us.(1st John 5:19) God never intended humans to suffer , and in fact has taken steps to give us a way out of the current situation humans find themselves in. Jesus preached about this kingdom when on earth . It will permanently end all the problems face…

I disagree.

I'm an ex-atheist. The atheist community is the most narcissistic group around.

They all think they're Mother Teresa times ten.

Since they're atheists, they get to make up their own morality so by their own standards, they think they're just swell.

In reality, humans are masters of self-deception.
Not narcissistic, just more intelligent.

Reactions: JWolf74
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT