ADVERTISEMENT

Beric Jordan on the move

Beric Jordan; Saint Paris, Graham (?). This guy from the 'Jordan' wrestling family? His father, brother(s), cousins all wrestlers? Why did he leave Saint Paris, OH for Stillwater, OK?

Choosing OSU, rather than hometown tOSU. Seems a long leap in logic. To me.

Last edited:
Beric Jordan; Saint Paris, Graham (?). This guy from the 'Jordan' wrestling family? His father, brother(s), cousins all wrestlers? Why did he leave Saint Paris, OH for Stillwater, OK?

No relation to the Jordan families (Jim and Jeff, and their sons Isaac, Bo, Micah, Rocky). Just name coincidence.
Beric is not from there.. he moved to St Paris to wrestle for Graham. IIRC, they are from Arizona.
They later decided to move to Stillwater and wrestle at SW high.

tOSU may be ok if he’s a career 125. 133 if already crowed with 3 blue chips.

Reactions: Solaris7
What’s going on at Okie State? First the Ferrari’s, which is understandable. Then the Voinovich’s. Now Beric Jordan.

No relation to the Jordan families (Jim and Jeff, and their sons Isaac, Bo, Micah, Rocky). Just name coincidence.
Beric is not from there.. he moved to St Paris to wrestle for Graham. IIRC, they are from Arizona.
On the Chittum plan I see

On the Chittum plan I see
So Daddy upset and pulling strings?
Actually, this kid moves around more than the gypsies working the carnival.

Before his college eligibility ends, he's probably got at least three more stops with the U-haul truck.
Not sure why anyone would care about this kid?

Last edited:
So Daddy upset and pulling strings?
Actually, this kid moves around more than the gypsies working the carnival.

Before his college eligibility ends, he's probably got at least three more stops with the U-haul truck.
Not sure why Hawk fans would care about this kid.
Top 20 PFP. Ironman Champ and Runner-Up. Fargo Runner-Up. No clear heir apparent to Ayala at this time.

In this case it appears both statements are true.

The portal does cut both ways.
We know that, in with Ferrari, out with chittum, but I guess he technically wasn’t a portal transfer since he refused to officially sign with us.

Jordan supposedly struggles a lot on bottom.
He did, until working this last year with the Cowboy Coaching staff. I was told bottom was the sole focus for Jordan. Don't forget, he still has one more year of HS.

Last edited:
Reactions: el dub
He did, until working this last year with the Cowboy Coaching staff. I was told bottom was the sole focus for Jordan. Don't forget, he still has one more year of HS.
So he was redshirted somewhere after 2nd grade then if he still has another year

I really liked Chittum. Watched him several times. Really sorry he's gone. I heard that he had tears in his eyes when his old man said "no go" to Iowa.

Same. I heard he really liked it here.
What really sucks, is he will be relentlessly booed by the Iowa fanbase and labeled the villain. It’s pretty sad, he seemed Black and Gold through and through.

Beric is from Bettendorf, Iowa not AZ.

If he was black and gold through and through, why didn’t he sign with us when he could have??
As mentioned earlier in this and other threads, Chittum's father is reportedly quite dominating/controlling. Apparently there was bad blood between the Chittum and Ferrari families, and when it was clear the Ferraris (Anthony and Angelo) were going to sign with Iowa, Chittum's dad decided that Cody wouldn't be signing with Iowa because of their bad relationship with the Ferraris. In my opinion, this is quite childish.

Every family has it's own dynamic, and apparently Cody is deferring to his father's wishes. Seems like most parents want to give their 18-20 year old child the independence to decide for themself, but when it comes to sports, some parents want to control many aspects of their child's pursuits even after high school.

As mentioned earlier in this and other threads, Chittum's father is reportedly quite dominating/controlling. Apparently there was bad blood between the Chittum and Ferrari families, and when it was clear the Ferraris (Anthony and Angelo) were going to sign with Iowa, Chittum's dad decided that Cody wouldn't be signing with Iowa because of their bad relationship with the Ferraris. In my opinion, this is quite childish.

Every family has it's own dynamic, and apparently Cody is deferring to his father's wishes. Seems like most parents want to give their 18-20 year old child the independence to decide for themself, but when it comes to sports, some parents want to control many aspects of their child's pursuits even after high school.
Hard to say what came first last fall, him not signing so Brands started talking to Ferrari since he became available, or vise versa.

Holy shit, if this is true, that is terrible. So how old will the kid have to be before he can make his own decisions or tell his Dad to **** off?
My son will be 29 and he's fully on his own. He makes his own decisions. 16-20 year old who are still dependent on their parents should consult with the parents because at that age we as parents have to clean up the messes. I never wanted to have to clean up messes, if that was possible.

And if my child ever told me to blank off, he could clean up his own messes after that. I'm sure of the dad was gung ho Iowa and the kid was thinking of going elsewhere your tune would be to listen to your parents.

My son will be 29 and he's fully on his own. He makes his own decisions. 16-20 year old who are still dependent on their parents should consult with the parents because at that age we as parents have to clean up the messes. I never wanted to have to clean up messes, if that was possible.

And if my child ever told me to blank off, he could clean up his own messes after that. I'm sure of the dad was gung ho Iowa and the kid was thinking of going elsewhere your tune would be to listen to your parents.
No.

Correct. Your 18 year old child should go to school where you want and not where they want. Seems selfish

Both of my sons chose their own school and I didn't try to change their mind. I wish the second one would have done things differently though. I support Iowa athletics, but would never recommend the school to another family member, I won't get into why.

• Haha
Reactions: derekforhawks

If this is true, not a good look for the Cowboys staff if he has decommitted.

I can’t really blame any parent who wants their kid away from the Ferraris. That said, if it was truly orchestrated by his dad and he had no say, that is over the top, in my opinion.

Reactions: Lambertt and el dub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT