Campbell and Benson
Others?

Best KF era Duo:
1. Campbell, Benson
2. Hodge, Greenway
3a. Jewell, Niemann
3b. Kirksey, Hitchens
5. Angerer, Edds
How could I leave Jewell and Niemann out of the original post. Stupid. More NFL guys.
Can’t help but look at this list and think Jacobs is not smart for leaving. But everyone has their own path I guess.

I'm going Greenway and Hodge. I think both Jack and Josey were better LBs than both Greenway and Hodge, but those guys together I think were the best 1-2 punch.
Greenway had an outstanding NFL career. It was fun watching him grow into a great linebacker at Iowa.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Wasn't George Lewis in there too with Greenway and Hodge? I thought Lewis was the one with the Tigerhawk on the back side of his neckroll/neckbrace. Looked badass. Could be remembering wrong.
Don't remember snap allocation all that well, but both Lewis and Miles played with Greenway / Hodge.

I'm going Greenway and Hodge. I think both Jack and Josey were better LBs than both Greenway and Hodge, but those guys together I think were the best 1-2 punch.
This is kind of the way I'd lean too.

When I think of great LB play, this what goes through my mind: In the Outback bowl game against FL, Chris Leek runs a QB draw and Abdul simply vaporizes him behind the line of scrimmage. Later in the game, FL runs the same play .... Leek sees Abdul in exactly the same position, ready to do exactly the same thing ... and decides to just lay down. It was so beautiful.

We've had soooo many great LBs ... but man Abdul could lay the wood.

While we're on the subject, I have to give Fred Barr a shout-out for coming to IA when IA was in rebuild mode. He had some great moments too.

• Love
Reactions: Bishop1971
This is kind of the way I'd lean too.

When I think of great LB play, this what goes through my mind: In the Outback bowl game against FL, Chris Leek runs a QB draw and Abdul simply vaporizes him behind the line of scrimmage. Later in the game, FL runs the same play .... Leek sees Abdul in exactly the same position, ready to do exactly the same thing ... and decides to just lay down. It was so beautiful.

We've had soooo many great LBs ... but man Abdul could lay the wood.

While we're on the subject, I have to give Fred Barr a shout-out for coming to IA when IA was in rebuild mode. He had some great moments too.
After Leek rejected us that was a great moment! Abdul was definitely a hitter thanks! I'd forgotten about that sequence in the outback bowl!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT