ADVERTISEMENT

Beth Goetz named UI’s interim athletics director

It's truly incredible how patheticly little brother that fanbase is lol.
QuerulousCleanCicada-size_restricted.gif

Iowa recently lost a law suit to treating woman equitably and settled on a racism lawsuit.

Time for Iowa to clean up their image.

I have no problem with this woman becoming the next AD but again I hope she gives Phil Parker a massive raise and extends his contract with Iowa.

I also hope she fires Brian if the offense stinks.

Last edited:
And like clockwork, the mouthbreathing clowns over at CF are focusing on a couple of posts made and pretending the entire fanbase feels the same way. It's truly incredible how patheticly little brother that fanbase is lol.
How is it over there since their hero got the boot?

Reactions: HerkyFan
Whether she is an affirmative action hire or not, there will always be doubts about her due to the way colleges have discarded qualifications for simply checking the box. Even if she actually was the best AD for Iowa, many will never believe it.

I think you missed the point of my post.

Feel free to explain. Do you think Iowa discarded qualifications here or are you okay with her as interim AD?

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
Whether she is an affirmative action hire or not, there will always be doubts about her due to the way colleges have discarded qualifications for simply checking the box. Even if she actually was the best AD for Iowa, many will never believe it.

Feel free to explain. Do you think Iowa discarded qualifications here or are you okay with her as interim AD?

@abby97, you’re more than welcome to actually respond.

And like clockwork, the mouthbreathing clowns over at CF are focusing on a couple of posts made and pretending the entire fanbase feels the same way. It's truly incredible how patheticly little brother that fanbase is lol.

Yes, I think I only saw one person here say they didn’t want a woman AD….that’s some serious obsessive manipulation!

Iowa recently lost a law suit to treating woman equitably and settled on a racism lawsuit.

Time for Iowa to clean up their image.

I have no problem with this woman becoming the next AD but again I hope she gives Phil Parker a massive raise and extends his contract with Iowa.

I also hope she fires Brian if the offense stinks.
Iowa's image is fine.

You've said this about a raise and extension for Parker a few times now. What do you feel this accomplishes? Do you understand how coaching staffs work?

Reactions: Chucksizzle1
Any idea when in stores?

And second question, do these guys really have the brewing capacity to handle this sort of demand?
It will be in stores in a couple weeks.
Yes, they can. When I used to order beer for my old job exile had the most taps o
In town and that was 10 years ago when they were still fairly new.

Iowa's image is fine.

You've said this about a raise and extension for Parker a few times now. What do you feel this accomplishes? Do you understand how coaching staffs work?

The proof as to how good Iowa's image is, will be is how successful Iowa is in signing African-American kids who live outside of Iowa.

Regarding Phil Parker, you must be new to Iowa. He is the DC and all of Iowa wins the last 2 years are because of Phil Parker.

Iowa had the #2 Scoring Defense in the country. Iowa's offense was ranked #130 out of #131.

Why not pay Phil Parker what he is worth?

I don't want to lose him to another school.

After Kirk Ferentz retires, wouldn't it be nice to help with the transition to a new coach and have Phil Parker around for several years?

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
The proof as to how good Iowa's image is, will be is how successful Iowa is in signing African-American kids who live outside of Iowa.

Regarding Phil Parker, you must be new to Iowa. He is the DC and all of Iowa wins the last 2 years are because of Phil Parker.

Iowa had the #2 Scoring Defense in the country. Iowa's offense was ranked #130 out of #131.

After Kirk Ferentz retires, wouldn't it be nice to help with the transition to a new coach and have Phil Parker around for several years?
You must be new to Iowa if you think we're in any type of danger of losing Phil. He and KF are extremely close friends.

Yea, so if all of those out of state four stars won’t sign to play at Iowa our Image is terrible.

that’s not the way it works dumb@ss

Reactions: F5n5
Hayden asked BB to interview KF before a decision was made. BS couldn't wait and have his OU offer rescinded.
I will probably get roasted for this, but I don't think Stoops would have been any more successful at Iowa than KF has been. Yes, he won a NC at Oklahoma early on, but with the talent and resources he had there I would argue over the long run that he under-performed.

I will probably get roasted for this, but I don't think Stoops would have been any more successful at Iowa than KF has been. Yes, he won a NC at Oklahoma early on, but with the talent and resources he had there I would argue over the long run that he under-performed.

It’s a great hypothetical for sure. Personally I think OU is in for quite the culture shock if they think they’re going into the SEC and be an elite program still.

• Haha
Reactions: dean_oliver222
I've said this multiple times as well, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Bob is a great coach. OU is a great school to coach at. Just a good match.

Different schools have different inherent advantages and disadvantages.

I've said this multiple times as well, and I agree wholeheartedly.

Bob is a great coach. OU is a great school to coach at. Just a good match.

Different schools have different inherent advantages and disadvantages.
They even occasionally played good defense for being in the Big 12.

Yea, so if all of those out of state four stars won’t sign to play at Iowa our Image is terrible.

that’s not the way it works dumb@ss
Give me a break pal.

You act like actions don't have consequences. Maybe you don't give a hoot about the racism lawsuit but if you are an African-American kid from out of state and you are considering Wisconsin, Penn State, etc. you don't think that is going to get brought up?

Recruiting matters. Look at the impact Iowa felt from losing Melvin Gordon.

I love Iowa and bleed for the black & gold but I am not some African-American kid from Milwaukee or Newark.

She hired 8 head coaches while at Ball State. Does that give her experience in your eyes or are you going to add other stipulations.
Generically speaking, hiring 8 coaches is one thing. How good, successful were those coaches is what matters. If there are coaching vacancies, it's the job of any AD to fill those vacancies. That's sort of a bare minimum requirement. But were they good hires for the school is what separates an AD's performance. If she's did a good job in making good hires at Ball State, then yes, that will help her. Personally, I'm fine with her being the AD, presuming she's the best person for the job. Embrace NIL, hire good people, keep your eye on the programs that keep your department relevant and don't make unforced errors in managing the department, those would be the principal things I'd be looking for in a candidate.

If there's one thing clones love....it's selective data points.

Hope she is working her own angles already.

Be nice if in her first months she announces some new major project.

I’m fairly convinced just about anyone with a business mind first and passion for Iowa second could be fantastic at this job. NIL is the new arms race. Period. The blessing is Barta is out, he didn’t embrace it. The blessing is Brad Heinrich’s did an amazing job without any support from the AD. Imagine what can be accomplished with an AD who fully embraces NIL.

Iowa won’t catch Ohio State, Michigan or even PSU or USC in football in the long run, but there’s a lot of competition in that the middle 8-10 slots. They need to cement themselves ahead of the rest of that group.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT