ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul last night.....

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Best episode of the series so far, IMO.

Mike's slow burn before taking out that idiot "muscle" was a thing of beauty to watch. Loved him stepping over the guy to go pick up his pimento sandwich for the ride.

And what a HUUUUGE a-hole Chuck is. I mean, Jimmy has covered for him and cared for him for all these years, and what thanks does he get? I'd let the bastard starve in the dark myself, but I bet Jimmy can't help himself and goes back to help him.

Anyway, this show is living up to the hype.

Originally posted by torbee:

Mike's slow burn before taking out that idiot "muscle" was a thing of beauty to watch. Loved him stepping over the guy to go pick up his pimento sandwich for the ride.

And what a HUUUUGE a-hole Chuck is. I mean, Jimmy has covered for him and cared for him for all these years, and what thanks does he get? I'd let the bastard starve in the dark myself, but I bet Jimmy can't help himself and goes back to help him.

Agreed. By far the best this year. Not even close.

We can see the beginning of slipping Jimmy turning into Saul. I hope this is a slow burn transformation compared to a get to it already speed.

And I love Mike's character. My favorite from Breaking Bad.

13 episodes in 2016 seem a long way away.

I'm guessing we get a season 3 given the ratings have been very solid.

Chuck's rant about Jimmy not being a real lawyer almost cut the soul out of him. This is what is going to push Jimmy over the edge and make him who he is and how he handles business. Being scorned by your hero is hard to take.

I foresee Jimmy taking "questionable" clients and money from now on.

Great episode. Great series. And I've never seen one episode of "Breaking Bad". I'm s purist. I need to see everything in chronological order. I saw all of the Hobbits before the LOTR as well. Star Wars got me though. Bastards waited too long.

Originally posted by YellowSnow51:
Great episode. Great series. And I've never seen one episode of "Breaking Bad". I'm s purist. I need to see everything in chronological order. I saw all of the Hobbits before the LOTR as well. Star Wars got me though. Bastards waited too long.
What happens if they make a mike prequel?

I didn't think Vince Gilligan would have enough gas in the tank to deliver something this good so soon after Breaking Bad. I was wrong.

Kinda sad watching Jimmy work so hard to make it as a lawyer, and try to do the right thing, knowing he'll eventually wind up working for the seedy underworld of Albuquerque.

And I actually don't have a problem with Chuck wanting to keep Jimmy out of HHM. Chuck knows his brother better than anyone, and point blank doesn't trust him. Sure he has a big heart and takes care of Chuck, but that's family.

What I have a problem with is Chuck not being upfront with Jimmy from the get go ... instead going behind his back and then, when Jimmy calls him out, going off on him. I think at some point Chuck and Jimmy will come to a brotherly understanding on this. (Will be interesting to see what they do with Chuck and Kim, as I don't recall them ever being mentioned on Breaking Bad.)

Best part of the show besides learning Mike's backstory? Jimmy taking notes from Matlock to learn how to get in good with the seniors. That suit!

Originally posted by MN.HAWK:
Last night was great, I still think Mike's back story in Philly was a better episode though.
I agree 100%. This one was a close second though. I really wonder what becomes of Kim Wexler. I don't think her encouraging Jimmy to take the deal is enough to cut her out of his life.

And who didn't see Mike beating up that loudmouth coming?

Can't wait for the finale, this series will be another classic a la Breaking Bad... Gilligan is a genius.

Originally posted by St. Louis Hawk:
Originally posted by torbee:

Agreed. By far the best this year. Not even close.

We can see the beginning of slipping Jimmy turning into Saul. I hope this is a slow burn transformation compared to a get to it already speed.

And I love Mike's character. My favorite from Breaking Bad.

13 episodes in 2016 seem a long way away.

I'm guessing we get a season 3 given the ratings have been very solid.
The first season takes place in 2002 (6 years before Walt met Saul), so there's plenty of time for them to get to "Saul Goodman".

I wish I had known this was a prequel. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until recently and was intentionally avoiding Better Call Saul because I assumed it picked up where BB left off. Now that I know this I can start watching BCS. Per Wiki, the season finale is next week and I believe Netflix is going to start streaming the first season after that. Does anyone know what date they plan to start?

Originally posted by TJ8869:
I wish I had known this was a prequel. I didn't start watching Breaking Bad until recently and was intentionally avoiding Better Call Saul because I assumed it picked up where BB left off. Now that I know this I can start watching BCS. Per Wiki, the season finale is next week and I believe Netflix is going to start streaming the first season after that. Does anyone know what date they plan to start?
I'd still finish BB first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT