ADVERTISEMENT

Last night, Feb 26, Jack McCaffery made it clear he won't be attending Iowa

Jack says he's not going to attend Iowa....Well, let's just wait and see. If his Dad is still coaching and Margaret is still heavily involved with the program, he might still change his mind. I would hope the McCaffery's raised a tough minded son. I thought Connor handled it appropriately. Patrick might just have let it affect him too much given everything else he went through, but we don't even know that for a fact. Anyway as the saying goes, "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip."
ya never know... he may go away, not receive playing time & transfer back to daddy.

Reactions: Mohawkeye
I’d guess that most schools assumed he would follow in his brother’s footsteps. Now that he’s publicly said that’s not the case this Summer would be big for him. He seems highly skilled but not very twitchy or super athletic. Kind of a tweener between a mid and high major.

He's been saying for months that he won't play at Iowa. I'm surprised he hasn't had more contact. He might end up at Iowa of no other schools are interested in him.

He's been saying for months that he won't play at Iowa. I'm surprised he hasn't had more contact. He might end up at Iowa of no other schools are interested in him.
He’s certainly good enough to go play somewhere, just needs the right fit. Again, now that he’s officially said he’s not coming AAU this Summer will probably determine his path.

He’s certainly good enough to go play somewhere, just needs the right fit. Again, now that he’s officially said he’s not coming AAU this Summer will probably determine his path.
We'll see what happens, but he officially said he wasn't playing for his dad months ago. This isn't something new that's been announced. We've know it for like a year.

We'll see what happens, but he officially said he wasn't playing for his dad months ago. This isn't something new that's been announced. We've know it for like a year.

Not playing for his dad huh? He must see what we see!

Such a bad take, and coming from a guy who can’t stand Brian. Fran took over possibly the worst Power 5 program in the country and a year later had a winning record. You can argue he’s not done well in the tournament, but to say he would it should have been fired early is insane. Same with Kirk. Had us in the Orange Bowl in year 5 or so? We could keep chasing coaches like Minnesota or Indiana in all sports. How’s that gone for them the last 15-20 years? Be realistic.

In your words, Iowa was "possibly the worst Power 5 program in the country" after Lickliter's last year. They weren't even the last place in the Big10 conference in Lickliter's final year---Penn State was worse.

LIckliter's final year 4-14 in B1G 10th out of 11 teams. A year later, Fran had Iowa at them at 4-14 in B1G, agains 10th out of 11th. Giant turnaround?

As far as the cupboard bare, Fran inherited Gatens and re-signed Devyn Marble, both future All B1G players for him. There are only 5 starters---Fran started with 2 guys that would be All Big10.

If Fran was a miracle worker, what was TJ Otzelberger going form last in his conference to a Sweet16 in his 1st year? Sweet16 something Fran hasn't achieved in 28 years of coaching.

As far as firing and replacing coaches, its gone very well for ISU. Both Hoiberg and Otzelberger more success than Fran.

I'll agree Fran a little bit above average for B1G10 coach depending on what metrics you use to define success.

Yes, I suppose hearing fans gripe about Fran might get repetitive just like Fan fans rejiggering the different ways winning 51% of your B1G games makes Fran an all time great coach. If there weren't fans putting out incorrect information/exaggerations, then no need for rebuttals.

In your words, Iowa was "possibly the worst Power 5 program in the country" after Lickliter's last year. They weren't even the last place in the Big10 conference in Lickliter's final year---Penn State was worse.

LIckliter's final year 4-14 in B1G 10th out of 11 teams. A year later, Fran had Iowa at them at 4-14 in B1G, agains 10th out of 11th. Giant turnaround?

As far as the cupboard bare, Fran inherited Gatens and re-signed Devyn Marble, both future All B1G players for him. There are only 5 starters---Fran started with 2 guys that would be All Big10.

If Fran was a miracle worker, what was TJ Otzelberger going form last in his conference to a Sweet16 in his 1st year? Sweet16 something Fran hasn't achieved in 28 years of coaching.

As far as firing and replacing coaches, its gone very well for ISU. Both Hoiberg and Otzelberger more success than Fran.

I'll agree Fran a little bit above average for B1G10 coach depending on what metrics you use to define success.

Yes, I suppose hearing fans gripe about Fran might get repetitive just like Fan fans rejiggering the different ways winning 51% of your B1G games makes Fran an all time great coach. If there weren't fans putting out incorrect information/exaggerations, then no need for rebuttals.
A big difference you’re forgetting is the portal. That didn’t exist when Fran arrived. Remember the arm-wrestling we had to do to allow Uthoff to come here? And even then he had to sit out a year.

Reactions: littlez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT