ADVERTISEMENT

BF comments today

Let me clarify. Stagnant = can't put a game clinching or winning drive together when they need one and can't punch the ball into the end zone when they do have the opportunity.

Buffalo offense scores 68 points in their lose to Western Michigan last year. However, they could only muster a field goal on their last drive and couldn't "put a game clinching or winning drive together when they need one and can't punch the ball into the end zone when they do have the opportunity." Buffalo offense was stagnant

Thoughts on Riley Moss? Is he just playing special teams? If so, I wouldn't let him play anymore.

Thoughts on Riley Moss? Is he just playing special teams? If so, I wouldn't let him play anymore.
He saw positional action against UNI. He's primarily a special-teams ace ... but he's also likely been getting valuable practice time at CB.

From what Phil has stated ... neither Brents nor Moss will be redshirting this year. More of the evaluation now (for Phil) likely concerns how much more action Merriweather sees.

He saw positional action against UNI. He's primarily a special-teams ace ... but he's also likely been getting valuable practice time at CB.

From what Phil has stated ... neither Brents nor Moss will be redshirting this year. More of the evaluation now (for Phil) likely concerns how much more action Merriweather sees.

Well there ya go, thanks.

You know... Like many others, I was very skeptical about Brian taking over at OC for Iowa. I thought it may have been a bad decision by KF. Even with Brian's background, that doesn't mean it would make a coach a good OC.

All that said, I have seen a significant improvement in the offense the last two weeks. I don't want to speak too early, but I believe Brian may have this offense headed in the right direction. If we can continue to average 425-450 yards per game, we are going to win 10 games this year with our defense.

Iowa would be averaging 400+ yards a game right now if not for all the drops in the first game. ISU just played good defense against us.

Reactions: hwk23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT