ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s unpopularity could give Trump his shot at reclaiming power

If the doddering old fool is as effective as he was in his first term, absolutely. In fact, he's probably the only person equipped to get anything done because of his experience. In the politics of today, you need someone who knows how to get things done if you want to accomplish something. Sure, there are plenty of younger Democrats who a certainly capable of doing the job, but I don't know if a newbie will be able to get nearly as much done. Typically, it takes two years for new Presidents to figure out the job. Biden didn't need that because he already had on the job training plus multiple decades in the Senate to prepare him. That's why he was able to respond so quickly in his first two years. Fortunately, he has done such a good job the next person in the office won't have to be as perfect the first two years as Biden had to
This sound like something a MAGA would say about Trump.

I have spoken a lot about the narcissism of Trump. But let’s be real, how arrogant and narcissistic does one have to be at Biden’s age to truly believe you are the left’s best choice for president? No one should be President at 80+ years old - full stop. To think you have what it takes to govern at that age is foolish.

Biden has an opportunity to gracefully bow out. There is still plenty of time for a broad primary slate to find an effective candidate. Unfortunately I don’t think his ego or his enablers will allow this to happen. I hope I’m wrong.
if it were well known that trump wasn’t going to be the nominee, i think biden would step aside but as things stand biden probably feels he owes it to america as the one guy (sad as it may be) who can beat him.

This sound like something a MAGA would say about Trump.
Huh? At no point during his Presidency did Donald Trump have a fuggin clue what he was doing. It was amateur hour for 4 years with him and over a million people died because of it.

A big difference between Biden and Trump is when people talk about Biden's accomplishments they are actually true.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
All these potential candidates replacing Joe have not had the fox/right wing smear machine guns turned on them. The GOP is very effective at destroying opponents(see Hillary) with dirty lies.
I do like Whitmer and Gina Raimondo(commerce secretary w very impressive resume..rhodes scholar..moderate governor who fixed Rhode Islands govt pension issues by taking on left..blue collar background..ivy league law grad ECT).
But..as Roger Stone said " now their turn in the barrel" ..
Joe has been hammered by right wing lies for 4 years chipping away..he is proven tough.

I'm no fan of Biden, but I honestly don't think he's been that bad.

But to elect a twice impeached, 4 time indicted wanna-be dictator is beyond the pale. It can't be allowed to happen.
We just need to get the vote out and win one more election.
To me, it's more important what goes on in congress and the State houses. That was where the damage was done.

As always, national numbers mean nothing. The real test is always the swing states. In Biden's case, the MN, MI, WI, OH, PA, NC, GA, AZ will be the keys.

Dude got the Rs to agree not to touch entitlements during the State of the Union Address. I'm not seeing it.
Entitlements will have to be "touched" sooner or later.

The subject is politically toxic so nothing will be done any time soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT