ADVERTISEMENT

Biden vows to stop Nord Stream 2 pipeline to Europe if Russia invades Ukraine

Yet, you give Washington a free pass for all their war crimes? Who should sanction the US?

I was unaware Kaliningrad and Chechnya were an issue today. Kadyrov is tight with Putin. Germany should've thought of that before invading and taking 27.5M Russian lives. The Kuril islands is very much an issue today. Japan wants it. I have no problem with it. Some in China also want Eastern Russia back after Russia went in and took it during the Opium Wars with England. So be it.

Europe will suffer as well if sanctions are applied. Joseph Borrell stated yesterday that Russia is sanction proof. Europeans will freeze. Their fertilizer business will crumble as well. Germany will not be able to sell their cars to Asia. Iran will shut down the Hormuz and Europe's economies will implode at least 30%. Our dollar is pegged to petro. What happens when the KSA cannot sell oil? Our currency will go into free fall.

This isn't 1988 anymore. America could fight 2.5 wars at once. Not the case today. When Slow Joe said China is going to squeeze Putin, Vlad did a Zoom call with Xi and said their relationship "EXCEEDS an ALLIANCE". Let that sink in for a minute. The US cannot fight those 3 at once.

BTW, we are a dictatorship as well. Executive orders are administered all the time by both parties bypassing the legislative process. Wars must be declared by Congress, yet, has not happened since WW2.
We don’t have to enter any wars. China isn’t keen to cross the United States and Europe. They proved that when Trump applied haphazard tariffs to them. Similarly I don’t see why Iran would want to get into a military conflict with KSA to protect Russia from sanctions.

The sanctions would hurt Europe, but so does unchecked expansionism. I’m sure we can find solutions to many of their problems.

The idea that Russia has adequately fortified itself against sanctions is something they like to claim. Barron’s just had an article that suggests that wouldn’t be the case. If they annex more of the Ukraine we should find out.

So....you think the US secretly urged Putin to prepare to invade Ukraine so they could distract from the middle East? Huh?
It's not lost on me that while our government hypes this threat day after day as being 'imminent', the countries closer to and under the asserted threat don't mention it in those terms.
Quite the opposite.

Let's show Putin we mean business.
Have the Congress debate and pass a resolution to authorize the use of military force to support Ukraine if Russia invades.
Make it clear that an attack on Ukraine is an attack on the U.S. and see what support there is for this war before letting a president rush us into it.

Putin likely isn't happy about having a US President that that is adversarial to his wishes.

Quite the change from 2017-2021. Can Putin afford to wait and hope Turd returns?

Reactions: Bonerfarts
Obama couldn't do anything because Europe wasn't interested in doing anything. The US can't take unilateral action against Russia unless it's a direct threat to the United States. Now, you can criticize Obama for being unable to get Europe to do anything, but I'm not sure there is anything he could have done to get them to assist on it.

So, this certainly doesn't let Obama off the hook for the response but he's certainly not the only person hanging on it.
In the time since Russia’s instituted cyber attacks against Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, and the Ukraine. Europe needs to get real on what’s going on, even if we need to wait until Spring to start.

I’d add that the Obama sanctions likely have reduced Russian GDP by 2.5-3% a year. Things are bad in Russia. The sanctions had a very real impact.

Last edited:
Reactions: BioHawk
Putin likely isn't happy about having a US President that that is adversarial to his wishes.

Quite the change from 2017-2021. Can Putin afford to wait and hope Turd returns?
I feel like Putin thought Trump did enough damage to NATO that now would be the time to test their resolve, now he looks like a loser.

Reactions: MitchLL
I feel like Putin thought Trump did enough damage to NATO that now would be the time to test their resolve, now he looks like a loser.
Personally, I think this is just Putin seeing what kind of a response he'll get.

Just like KJU spitting missiles into the ocean.

Putin wants chaos and is attempting to drive a wedge into NATO.

We don’t have to enter any wars. China isn’t keen to cross the United States and Europe. They proved that when Trump applied haphazard tariffs to them. Similarly I don’t see why Iran would want to get into a military conflict with KSA to protect Russia from sanctions.

The sanctions would hurt Europe, but so does unchecked expansionism. I’m sure we can find solutions to many of their problems.

The idea that Russia has adequately fortified itself against sanctions is something they like to claim. Barron’s just had an article that suggests that wouldn’t be the case. If they annex more of the Ukraine we should find out.
We enter wars all the time. When have we NOT been at war? In fact, it is something like 14 years in our country's history that we have not been at war. Recently, after 9/11, Wesley Clark was told from a former report at the Pentagram, that it was decided we were going to take out 7 countries in 5 years.

China, as recent as today, when Argentina joined the New Silk Road and promised to invest $23.7B, they said they would support Argentina recovering Malvinas (Falklands). China knows that if they don't take a stand against US aggression, they are in Foggy Bottom's cross-hairs next. Better to stand with their SCO brethren now than fight alone later.

FFS! For the umpteenth time, what Russian expansionism? The Soviets gave up 1/3 of their territory and 1/2 their population on 2/9/90. Washington and thus NATO swallowed up 14 former Warsaw Pact members IN VIOLATION of their agreement. THAT's EXPANSIONISM. Don't tell me Crimea. Washington was warned on 2/1/08 that Georgia and Ukraine were a redline for Moscow. On 8/8/08, Georgia and by extension Washington, were found guilty of initiating the Georgian War in S. Ossetia and Abkhazia per the EU Council.

Wars are fought over energy. Washington controls the sea lanes, in particular, the Malacca Strait, from which 80%-90% of China's trade passes. Iran signed a $450B deal over 25 years where China will receive a 36% discount off market. Iran is a SCO member and will be protected by R&C.

R has already pivoted to Asia. Their trade has been halved from $400B to $200B. After this NS2 BS, they went to China and agreed to lay pipe for the Power of Siberia2 pipe that will draw from Yamal, which was allocated for NS2. They have de-dollarized. This deal will trade in Euros.

But what did he do?

It was under Obama that openings were created for Russia to involve itself in Libya and Syria.

It was in response to the "**** the EU" coup that Russia moved on Crimea and Luhansk and Donetsk regions became no go zones for the Ukrainian government.

What comparable did he do while Trump was president? What am I missing?

China, as recent as today, when Argentina joined the New Silk Road and promised to invest $23.7B, they said they would support Argentina recovering Malvinas (Falklands). China knows that if they don't take a stand against US aggression, they are in Foggy Bottom's cross-hairs next. Better to stand with their SCO brethren now than fight alone later.
Argentina is a hopeless money pit. Even worse are the Falklands. China is just moving money around on paper as Argentina already owes them more than they can ever pay back.

It's not lost on me that while our government hypes this threat day after day as being 'imminent', the countries closer to and under the asserted threat don't mention it in those terms.
Quite the opposite.

Let's show Putin we mean business.
Have the Congress debate and pass a resolution to authorize the use of military force to support Ukraine if Russia invades.
Make it clear that an attack on Ukraine is an attack on the U.S. and see what support there is for this war before letting a president rush us into it.
Well, this is the sane approach and how things would have been handled prior to 2010. Unfortunately, I don't think you could get a majority of Republicans to authorize force against Russia if they were in the process of bombing Washington D.C.. They are too in debt to them.

WTF are you (2) Unthinkables incoherently rambling about? You and Bonerfarts are like a Meeting of the Mindless.

25 Times Trump Has Been Dangerously Hawkish On Russia​

Serious question, Nat.

Why don’t you move out of the US? I don’t say that lightly and don’t mean that in a “love it or leave it” sort of way. I’ve never said that to anyone.

I recognize the US has its flaws and is far from perfect. We create as many problems as we solve. But I have never once heard you say anything positive about this country. Everything is negative, we’re the worst bad actor in the world, corrupt and unsalvageable, etc, etc.

Personally, I could never live in a country I hated so much. Just genuinely curious.

Well, this is the sane approach and how things would have been handled prior to 2010. Unfortunately, I don't think you could get a majority of Republicans to authorize force against Russia if they were in the process of bombing Washington D.C.. They are too in debt to them.
Maybe, just maybe, even with all the fear mongering, most Americans don't want to be party to this war, and people like Chis are in an echo chamber.

link
Fewer than one in six Americans want U.S. soldiers deployed to defend Ukraine if Russia invades the country, according to a new poll published on Friday, as high level talks got underway in Geneva.
A poll from Convention of States Action (COSA) in partnership with the Trafalgar Group found that just 15.3 percent of likely general election voters believed the U.S. should provide troops as "boots on the ground" in the event of an invasion.
The COSA/Trafalgar Group poll was conducted from January 12 to 14 among 1,081 likely general election voters and has a margin of error of +/-2.98 percent.
The Trafalgar Group enjoys an A- rating from poll tracker FiveThirtyEight.

Was the INF, JCPOA, ABM and Open Skies 150 years ago? Don't cherry pick!

Russia was legally invited into the host country of Syria. The USA however, was not. In fact they steal their oil, burn their wheat and prevent reconstruction. All because Assad refused to allow the human rights hating monarchies of Qatar and KSA to run a pipeline through Syria into Europe via Turkey. Therefore, the USA has the right to run Operation Timber Sycamore and bomb people into oblivion and apply Caesar sanctions. So, Russia is right to help an ally whose foes wish to fuel terrorism to attack Russia's underbelly.

Russia did NOT annex Crimea. I splained this to you, Lucy. The US was not right to overthrow the democratically elected leader of Ukraine just because Yanukovych decided to back away from the EU Association agreement in Vilnius on 11/21/13. Just because you don't get your way doesn't mean you get to destabilize the country. However, that was the plan since '97..peel Ukraine from Russia's orbit. Crimeans (part of Russia since 1783, as long as America had been founded) democratically elected to secede, like America did from King George. But, not like Kosovo. They were given no such chance. Nor were the Palestinians. Washington gives Israel carte blanche to bomb them.

No proof was provided in MH-17. We do know that for some weird reason, the gov in Kiev gave the green light for a passenger jet to fly over a hotly contested area. Why? We also know that Buks were left behind from the old Soviet regime. John Kerry went on Meet the Press accusing Russia BEFORE an investigation could commence.

All countries dope.

Your code is anti-humanitarian, pro-interventionist, definitely pro-war and anti-free market. Ted Cruz wants Europeans to accept Texas LNG at a 30% higher cost than what Russia can provide. So, you support Al Capone too? Cool!

What's your excuse for Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Afghanistan, Somalia, Haiti, Bolivia, Venezuela and Serbia? All on our border, right?
Wow

Maybe, just maybe, even with all the fear mongering, most Americans don't want to be party to this war, and people like Chis are in an echo chamber.

link
Fewer than one in six Americans want U.S. soldiers deployed to defend Ukraine if Russia invades the country, according to a new poll published on Friday, as high level talks got underway in Geneva.
A poll from Convention of States Action (COSA) in partnership with the Trafalgar Group found that just 15.3 percent of likely general election voters believed the U.S. should provide troops as "boots on the ground" in the event of an invasion.
The COSA/Trafalgar Group poll was conducted from January 12 to 14 among 1,081 likely general election voters and has a margin of error of +/-2.98 percent.
The Trafalgar Group enjoys an A- rating from poll tracker FiveThirtyEight.
Gee, another parallel to how WWII started. Because sitting out unchecked aggression has always worked so well in the past.

I don't want the US to be involved in Ukraine either. However I also don't want Russia to think they can just take over any country they want whenever they want.

Reactions: RileyHawk
I’m a Biden supporter but if Joe thinks that some sanctions and stopping a pipeline are adequate he’s incredibly weak and wrong on this….

One of Obama’s biggest foreign policy mistakes was not doing anything of substance while Putin took the Crimea….and here we are again.
Come on Obama had a Red Line that he enforced so well.

Gee, another parallel to how WWII started. Because sitting out unchecked aggression has always worked so well in the past.

What checks American aggression?
Can an American public uninterested in another war do it?
I'd like to consult their reps before going to war and see.

Or do the neocons always get the war they want?

I don't want the US to be involved in Ukraine either. However I also don't want Russia to think they can just take over any country they want whenever they want.
I don't want the neocons to think they can just take over any country they want whenever they want.
The results have been disastrous.

I don't want the neocons to think they can just take over any country they want whenever they want.
I also don’t want Russia to think they can take over any country they want whenever they want. Some has to stop them. I think everyone most everyone is anti-war, but someone needs to keep them in check.

So here we are with diplomacy, but also a plan to back it up if needed.

What country is the United States threatening to take over here?

Serious question, Nat.

Why don’t you move out of the US? I don’t say that lightly and don’t mean that in a “love it or leave it” sort of way. I’ve never said that to anyone.

I recognize the US has its flaws and is far from perfect. We create as many problems as we solve. But I have never once heard you say anything positive about this country. Everything is negative, we’re the worst bad actor in the world, corrupt and unsalvageable, etc, etc.

Personally, I could never live in a country I hated so much. Just genuinely curious.
Did the people who have worked so surreptitiously to have us become the USSA leave? No. I do believe it's worth fighting for. My family has been here since 1820. I have an ancestor with a ginormous statue overlooking a major river in an eastern state...US for you wise asses. Schools and parks are named after him. I believe in eternal vigilance as our Founders proclaimed. I ask where is your head in this? We are not supposed to be a fascist country with corporations controlling every cabinet post in federal and state governments. I have taken my stand. What say you? We're supposed to NOT get entangled in foreign entanglements. There should be free trade with all. Pretty cool, if you ask me. The Scots-Irish-German in me says stand and fight. It's the uneducated pussies I read on here that frightens me.

I have an ancestor with a ginormous statue overlooking a major river in an eastern state...US for you wise asses.
The East River?
LeninStatueReinstalled_6-9-17_r_w_031.jpg

Wouldn’t this all end if Putin sends his troops away from the border? Why don’t you plead with him?
The US, which has 800+ military bases in 80 foreign countries, is concerned about Russia moving its troops within... Russian borders.

Reactions: CO_hawk
I also don’t want Russia to think they can take over any country they want whenever they want. Some has to stop them. I think everyone most everyone is anti-war, but someone needs to keep them in check.

So here we are with diplomacy, but also a plan to back it up if needed.
What about all the countries the US has taken over...the 75 countries whose governments we have overthrown since WW2?

Why is Washington dictating from 6K miles away, which countries can trade with whom? Freedom of choice?

I guess the Lord Ismay adage from NATO still applies. "The goal of the NATO is to keep the Soviets out, the Germans down and the U.S. in." Hegemony applied via compulsion. How wonderfully tyrannical.
Probably for the same reason Russia is dictating what sovereign countries can or can’t join NATO.

Reactions: RileyHawk
They’re still well away from their military exercises threatening the Ukrainian border.
It would take over 300K troops to invade. FFS! The publications pushing this crap are underwritten by Lockheed martin. Ukrainians have down played this. Biden hypes it up for the MIC. Ukraine is being sacrificed.

BREAKING NEWS: President Biden vowed Monday that if Russia invades Ukraine, “there will no longer be Nord Stream 2,” the planned natural gas pipeline from Russia into Europe.
Standing with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz at the White House, Biden said the NATO countries are unified in countering what he described as Russian aggression. Despite his hope that diplomacy could avert a Russian invasion of Ukraine, Biden also said it would be “wise” for U.S. citizens who are not in the diplomatic corps to leave Ukraine.

Brilliant move.

How about a quote by Putin. You can feel free to find on your own source.

“No Russian leader could stand idly by in the face of steps toward NATO membership for Ukraine. That would be a hostile act toward Russia,”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT