ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 is gawd awful

Watched OU v KU today. Woof. Couldn’t believe how bad those two looked. I still think OU is pretty good, but they’d be the 4th or 5th best team in the B1G. Texas right behind them. Beyond that there’s not a team in the Big 12 that would win even the West.
Really.... Kansas would beat any west team and easily.....did you watch the game.

Big12 is trash but don’t forget the ACC, SEC, & PAC12.

It’s the B1G & then a bunch of garbage.

Starting to feel even more sorry for the PAC12 wussies joining the B1G than I did for them a few months ago.

Boys joining the Men’s league.
Oregon would embarrass anyone in the Big Ten not named Michigan or Ohio State. Last time they played in Columbus a couple of years ago, they won. Ohio St and Michigan may not cake walk undefeated to their matchup anymore if they have to play the Ducks.

It's so hard to compare conferences. The easy answer is to look at bowl games, but so many top players sit out anymore, so that doesn't work these days.

I try not to get too wrapped up in all of this. Just too many variables to say for sure. A lot of Big Ten homers will support the West no matter what the evidence says. I'm a Big 12 guy who lives in Big 10 land, so I "think" I can be objective. Maybe not? I'm sure Herky Fan will argue with me

Maybe the Big Ten defenses are good because the Big Ten offenses (generally speaking) are awful? If Iowa had to play a team with a pulse offensively, maybe their numbers wouldn't be so good? No one knows? Same goes for the good Big 12 offensive teams. Maybe their numbers wouldn't be so good if they played a good defense week in, week out? Who knows?

How would OU, Texas, KU, Okie State, K State, and ISU do in the Big West? Probably ok, but who knows? Anyone who argues differently is looking at things through their "Big 10 colored glasses".

Some have mocked ISU for their loss to Ohio, and deservedly so. They did rebound pretty well after that loss, so give them credit for that. Others have said that 3/4 of their conference wins were vs bottom feeders. Maybe so, but those wins count. Need to win the games you are supposed to win (see Minnesota). The last 4 are tough, and they may lose all 4. At the same time, they "could" win all 4 (based on HOW they are winning vs these bottom feeders). Barely beating a team like TCU, Cincy, or Baylor is one tbing, but ISU controlled all three wins and won handily. The win vs a good Okie State team was a dog fight until the end.

I'm just enjoying the season, and not getting too worked up either way. A win or a loss doesn't (and shouldn't) affect my life very much (if it all). If it does, I need to rethink some things.

Reactions: PatheticHockEye
It's so hard to compare conferences. The easy answer is to look at bowl games, but so many top players sit out anymore, so that doesn't work these days.

I try not to get too wrapped up in all of this. Just too many variables to say for sure. A lot of Big Ten homers will support the West no matter what the evidence says. I'm a Big 12 guy who lives in Big 10 land, so I "think" I can be objective. Maybe not? I'm sure Herky Fan will argue with me

Maybe the Big Ten defenses are good because the Big Ten offenses (generally speaking) are awful? If Iowa had to play a team with a pulse offensively, maybe their numbers wouldn't be so good? No one knows? Same goes for the good Big 12 offensive teams. Maybe their numbers wouldn't be so good if they played a good defense week in, week out? Who knows?

How would OU, Texas, KU, Okie State, K State, and ISU do in the Big West? Probably ok, but who knows? Anyone who argues differently is looking at things through their "Big 10 colored glasses".

Some have mocked ISU for their loss to Ohio, and deservedly so. They did rebound pretty well after that loss, so give them credit for that. Others have said that 3/4 of their conference wins were vs bottom feeders. Maybe so, but those wins count. Need to win the games you are supposed to win (see Minnesota). The last 4 are tough, and they may lose all 4. At the same time, they "could" win all 4 (based on HOW they are winning vs these bottom feeders). Barely beating a team like TCU, Cincy, or Baylor is one tbing, but ISU controlled all three wins and won handily. The win vs a good Okie State team was a dog fight until the end.

I'm just enjoying the season, and not getting too worked up either way. A win or a loss doesn't (and shouldn't) affect my life very much (if it all). If it does, I need to rethink some things.
So isu wins against bad teams count but clown fans say Iowa’s wins against the West don’t matter.

Don’t ever change clown fans.

So isu wins against bad teams count but clown fans say Iowa’s wins against the West don’t matter.

Don’t ever change clown fans.

I've said this many times but I think one of the highest compliments you can pay Ferentz is he NEVER (Rarely ever, I guess somebody can correct me if they want) loses to a team like Ohio. That just makes a huge difference.

Right now when you are looking at Iowa and Iowa State, it's pretty comparable. Got smoked by the one good team they played (OU and PSU), have a pretty good win in conference (Okie State and Wisconsin) and an okay loss (home to Iowa and home to Minnesota). The big, glaring difference is the horrible Ohio loss which ISU seems to get each year and Iowa never seems to get. Losing is never good in college football but if you wanted to look for a silver lining in the Ohio game it's simply that it was embarrassing enough that they made the necessary changes to the offense after that game.

That said ISU's schedule really steps up now. They have 5 wins now but honestly 1 more would be fine. KU will be tough, BYU should be a win but on the road, then UT and KSU where they'll be heavy dogs.

I agree. Look how physical the B1G is… then look at the Big 12, PAC 12 and ACC. Like Nebraska back in the day, schools coming into the B1G have no idea what they’re getting themselves into.

I know this is a common thought on here but Nebraska was fine when they entered the league. They had 37 wins in the first 4 years in the league. It's only since then they've sucked.

And no further posts. The facts sure can hurt. The only thing the BIG has over the Big 12 is their TV contract.
The facts are… B1G teams play against actual defenses week in and week out, thus making it more difficult to score points. Big 12 teams get to play Big 12 teams where defenses are soft and porous. That’s been a fact for years.

The facts are… B1G teams play against actual defenses week in and week out, thus making it more difficult to score points. Big 12 teams get to play Big 12 teams where defenses are soft and porous. That’s been a fact for years.
Or Big 10 offenses are not good. Aside from OSU and Michigan
It's easy to play defense against teams with QBs that cannot throw the ball.

It's the same context as your comment above. Don't play offense well makes defenses better.

Aside from Ohio State (who has a very good offensive structure) how many Big 10 teams have QBs in the NFL? Wilson who played at Wisconsin years ago.

Big 12 has Purdy, Mahomes, Mayfield, Geno Smith, Hurts. Murray who has been injured.

Last edited:

It's the same context as your comment above. Don't play offense well makes defenses better.

Aside from Ohio State (who has a very good offensive structure) how many Big 10 teams have QBs in the NFL? Wilson who played at Wisconsin years ago.

Big 12 has Purdy, Mahomes, Mayfield, Geno Smith, Hurts. Murray who has been injured.
You know it is to play defense against a toothless offense......Nebraska seen it... purdue put 9 in the box.

• Haha
It will be interesting to see how the Cyclones do against Kansas. The Iowa vs Iowa State game was closer at the end than in needed to be after Iowa took a commanding lead that proved insurmountable in the end. Granted I don’t know how well Iowa would do against them now down their starting QB and two best receivers.
If Iowa State beats Kansas then this whole Kansas would beat everyone in the west kind of goes out the window, no?

I stand firm on all of my comments. Big 12 overall has been soft and porous for many many years. Texas and Oklahoma leaving is going to make it a glorified MAC or MWC type conference moving forward.

I stand firm on all of my comments. Big 12 overall has been soft and porous for many many years. Texas and Oklahoma leaving is going to make it a glorified MAC or MWC type conference moving forward.
As do I Big 10 offenses are archaic, and lack QB talent. The Big 2 being the exception.

You will see the scoring improve in Big 10 cuz they are adding schools who produce QB talent and have progressive offenses.

Big 12 will have a seat at playoff table for those teams all that matters. MAC MWC never had that opportunity

As do I Big 10 offenses are archaic, and lack QB talent. The Big 2 being the exception.

You will see the scoring improve in Big 10 cuz they are adding schools who produce QB talent and have progressive offenses.

Big 12 will have a seat at playoff table for those teams all that matters. MAC MWC never had that opportunity
Yup. Iowa State can get hot beat a few teams like Cinncy, TCU, Baylor and make the playoff.

Iowa will need to beat multiple high powered teams to even get to Big Ten Title game and then beat another.

Watched OU v KU today. Woof. Couldn’t believe how bad those two looked. I still think OU is pretty good, but they’d be the 4th or 5th best team in the B1G. Texas right behind them. Beyond that there’s not a team in the Big 12 that would win even the West.
Those two teams would be the Hawks 35-3 or worse. The Big 10 west is a mess, bad teams, horrible football.

Until next year same could be said about Ohio State and Michigan

Next year it gets real with a couple of schools who can recruit at their level.
And that is what this all comes down to. Can you recruit with pier schools in your conference

New schools should make for a fun conference.

Oh, look. Obsessed dumb ****ing flow fan continues to obsess about everything Iowa even after we beat you. You dumb ****ung turds are so embarrassing. Get lost loser.

Oklahoma St?? A team that lost 33-7 AT HOME to South Alabama?? Lost to Iowa St that got smoked by Iowa and OHIO??? But now they’re good because they beat other crappy Little 12 teams?? What an idiotic nerd take.
You mean the team the college football playoff committee put in the top 25 last night? I’ll make sure to let them know a low IQ message board poster like yourself disagrees with them.

You mean the team the college football playoff committee put in the top 25 last night? I’ll make sure to let them know a low IQ message board poster like yourself disagrees with them.
Top 25 after beating a few Big 12 teams.....very impressive! I wonder how those teams would fare against major conference powers like South Alabama or Ohio? 🤣 🤡

After losing their only 2 legit football schools, should they re-brand as the Little 12 or the Big MAC? I would recommend the latter with McDonald's as their official sponsor.

• Love
Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
And no further posts. The facts sure can hurt. The only thing the BIG has over the Big 12 is their TV contract.
And defense.

Ya, that thing that wins games.

Just ask Big12 upper half finisher Matt Campbell how he fares against the B1G. 😂

Good God that would be an hour of that one game that one time in year 29 of my career I beat a B1G team!

In their stadium too if I remember correctly.

Anybody that thinks the Weak12 is within 1000 miles of a real conference, B1G, should have their right to vote taken away, their driver’s license revoked, & forced to live the rest of their lives in Nebraska.

Prison is to good for this kind of stupid.

Lifetime of living in Nebraska. And no matter how much they appeal for the death penalty, the judge shoots it down & makes them really pay for the rest of their lives in Nebraska.

Oklahoma St?? A team that lost 33-7 AT HOME to South Alabama?? Lost to Iowa St that got smoked by Iowa and OHIO??? But now they’re good because they beat other crappy Little 12 teams?? What an idiotic nerd take.
Ranked 15th by the CFB playoff committee - your updated comment?

Big 12 vs Group of 5

Iowa St lost to Ohio 7-10, Baylor lost to Texas St 31-42. Oklahoma St lost to South Alabama 7-33, Texas Tech lost to Wyoming 33-35, Cincinnati lost to Miami OH 24-31, and Houston lost to Rice 41-43. So six of their 14 teams lost to G5 teams and 2 by double digits.

Then think how weak their defenses are ISU as usual has a very good defense but the other 5 losses all allowed the G5 team to score over 28 points in regulation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT