ADVERTISEMENT

Big Tens Seating Question

Sep 1, 2010
Sorry to take up a whole tread on this but I have a question for Iowa season ticket holders and others in general. My season tickets were section: EE row: 16 and my big ten tickets are section: D row: 32. Of there isn't a bad seat in the house but I was kind of surprised at how far back my group is sitting. I would assume this is because each school has sections within the arena so getting close is difficult? I purchased the tickets as soon as they were available. How do these seats compare to other peoples season ticket seats? Thanks in advance. Go Hawks!

There was a picture of Carver showing where each school is allotted their seating. I don't recall the letters, but guessing that your section was in another school's place. As for us, we are in MM for our season, still in MM for the B1G tourney, but back several rows.

B1G-Wrestling-Team-Seating-Map-v3.jpg

Nice, I am in KK, right next to PSU, just like in Kinnick I was right next to the OSU section, hopefully the results will be the same. Going to be really interesting seats for potential match-ups with Gilman, Sorenson and Burak.

I'm in the Illinois section due to not having season tix for the 1st time in 12 years(damn kids) LOL. The good news is I will be directly across from the Super Fan!!
Honestly I dont care where my seats are I'm just excited that I'm gonna be there!!
We Are.... Just kidding GO HAWKS!!!

You would only be directly across from superfan IF he stayed in his damn seat! He is usually everywhere BUT where his ticket is. Can we please tip off the powers at be to chuck him if he moves??

Reactions: hoythawk
We have season tickets in the M section; we got the same section for BIGs, just 5-10 rows higher than usual. Can hardly wait!

I'm in the Illinois section due to not having season tix for the 1st time in 12 years(damn kids) LOL. The good news is I will be directly across from the Super Fan!!
Honestly I dont care where my seats are I'm just excited that I'm gonna be there!!
We Are.... Just kidding GO HAWKS!!!

Super Fan? What did I miss....?

My season tickets are in NN and my Big Ten tickets are BB. Same row but I figured I would get my season ticket seats. Does anyone know why they moved some of us?

My season tickets are in NN and my Big Ten tickets are BB. Same row but I figured I would get my season ticket seats. Does anyone know why they moved some of us?
No idea my season tix are in B and they stayed in B but moved 4 rows closer.

Priority points from donations, etc. At least that was the explanation I received when I called.

Level of donations to I-Club/university are top points for seating priority. Other things that factor in are number of sports you buy for, number of tickets you buy, number of years you've bought, and probably a few others. Not sure exactly what order. There is an obtainable list somewhere, I've just never cared enough to check into it. I've found that we get better seats for NCAAs on years I donate, but the years I'm too broke we get hosed. We have had anywhere from 5 to 12 season (most years 9-11) tickets for 34 years, but that doesn't get you many points. We got bumped out of the seats we had for over 25 years when they reseated the arena several years ago. Guess I should have made sure I donated that year. I guess I figure I've given them enough money with my second son in the school of Engineering there currently. It was a lot cheaper for the first one 15+ years ago.
All that being said, we got moved back 4 rows and to the opposite side of our section (instead of seats 7-10, seats 1-4) in a few rows.

Level of donations to I-Club/university are top points for seating priority. Other things that factor in are number of sports you buy for, number of tickets you buy, number of years you've bought, and probably a few others. Not sure exactly what order. There is an obtainable list somewhere, I've just never cared enough to check into it. I've found that we get better seats for NCAAs on years I donate, but the years I'm too broke we get hosed. We have had anywhere from 5 to 12 season (most years 9-11) tickets for 34 years, but that doesn't get you many points. We got bumped out of the seats we had for over 25 years when they reseated the arena several years ago. Guess I should have made sure I donated that year. I guess I figure I've given them enough money with my second son in the school of Engineering there currently. It was a lot cheaper for the first one 15+ years ago.
All that being said, we got moved back 4 rows and to the opposite side of our section (instead of seats 7-10, seats 1-4) in a few rows.

Part of the reason for the re-seating of tickets (from your season tickets) for Big Ten's was because the first 5 rows on each side of the arena are portable bleachers that are pushed in to make room for the 4 mats, tables, etc.! Obviously, those 5 rows on each side are typically filled with season ticket holders that have to be moved somewhere!

Reactions: HAWKMANN
I realize that Hawks150. Also there are season ticket holders in the sections being sold to other schools fans, and they have to go somewhere. I was mainly pointing out the priority system will cause many to be moved for both of those reasons.

Reactions: hawks150
My season tickets are in section MM row 21, my Big Ten tickets are in section NN row 20. Moved to the center and down a row, I'll take it!

Reactions: hawks150
Yeah, you will easily know where the Super Fan is sitting. During the Iowa/Maryland dual, he didn't stop chanting until the end. I've seen posts on Twitter that the press/radio guys just "love" sitting next to him!

I didn't expect to get the same seats as our season tickets but I also didn't think I would be pushed back 16 rows. Seems like most of the posters on here didn't have the same issue. Kind of late to do anything about it now though

Would be curious to find the list of how the points break down to decide seating if anyone knows where that would be posted?

UI ATHLETICS TICKET PRIORITY POINT SYSTEM

Prior to the 2006 football season, the UI Athletic Department established the priority points system to provide a systematic, orderly, and fair process to priority seating requests. Priority points will be calculated as outlined below.

Points Description
3 for each year of purchase of season ticket for sport involved (football season tickets for football, men's basketball for men's basketball, ect.)*
1 for the cumulative total of athletics contributions beginning in 1974**
1 for annual giving to the I-Club at the I-Club level***
3 for annual giving to the I-Club at the Century Hawk level***
5 for annual giving to the I-Club at the Bronze Hawk level***
10 for annual giving to the I-Club at the Silver Hawk level***
20 for annual giving to the I-Club at the Golden Hawk level***
30 for annual giving to the I-Club at the Champion Hawk level***
50 for annual giving to the I-Club at the Kinnick Society level***
20 one-time award per account in recognition of being a letterwinner at the UI
10 one-time award per account in recognition of being a graduate of the UI

Notes
*Years of season ticket purchase, as acknowledged by the UI Athletic Ticket Office
**Athletics giving records begin in 1974 and include all annual, capital, and endowment gifts
***Annual giving priority points are based on the current athletic giving year and do not carry over from year to year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT