ADVERTISEMENT

Bluder retiring

Paul Rudd Wow GIF by PeacockTV

Go out on top. Smart enough to realize making it to back to back championship games on the back of one player has raised her bar of expectation......especially in light of the underperformance of mens BB and football.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
I wonder how long ago Goetz, Bluder, and Jensen broached this subject? Clearly Bluder has thought about this for a few years, and I think upon reflection with her husband they decided now was a good time to go out and enjoy a richly deserved retirement.
As I posted in the Lounge, we were lucky to have her for as long as we did.

Guyton posted a tweet, then deleted it quick, saying she was blindsided by this. That Bluder told her during the recruiting process that she wasn’t close to retirement.

Technically it was AJ, her dad, that tweeted it. Not sure if she knew more than what he did

I gotta admit, I'm stunned but not surprised if that makes sense. I thought she was going to stick around a while longer.

I am very proud of her accomplishments. I've told this story before here, but I knew her pretty well when she first went to UNI...she worked a couple summers with me at a restaurant in CR. Actually played hoops with her a few times, she'd join in with a handful of guys we worked with.

Nice girl then, nice lady now - and one hell of a career. She will be missed.

I wonder how long ago Goetz, Bluder, and Jensen broached this subject? Clearly Bluder has thought about this for a few years, and I think upon reflection with her husband they decided now was a good time to go out and enjoy a richly deserved retirement.
As I posted in the Lounge, we were lucky to have her for as long as we did.
After the NC last year when CC22 said her last year was her last and she was going pro....
How old are you? Me that I can remember:
FB - Commings, Fry, Ferentz
MBB- Lute, George, TD, Alford, Coach who shall not be named. FMcC
WBB- Viv, Lee, Lisa (probably missing one)
Wrestling- Gary K, Gable, Zalesky, TnT

Others are older here and probably remember other coaches. 24 years is a long time, Iowa has had a bunch of coaches with longevity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT