ADVERTISEMENT

Bob Diaco...thoughts from Iowa fans.

Well, maybe if they can find another head stomping, personal foul machine like Suh, they can return to those blackshirt days. Kind of doubt, a class guy like Diaco would put up with that crap though.
As someone else posted, that happened once he got to the NFL. The only thing he hit that he shouldn't have during his time in Lincoln was parked cars while he was driving.

Nebraska's recurring "we're gonna become amazing again just you wait!" mantra is going to resound for years and years to come. They'll keep hiring new coaches, blaming old ones, blaming recruiting, and generally anything else they can focus on that distracts from their inability to develop. Their latest circle jerk is about their secondary/WR recruiting. Not development, mind you, recruiting. They haven't learned a thing about the big 10 yet.

Reactions: deanhawk88
Last time I looked it is 2017,. I feel sorry for Nebby and it was confirmed a few years back when had a travel assignment to Albion NE (laughing because it also know as Albino)

Good people for the most part... what tickled me was that I viewed a very large female riding a riding John Deere mower on a very small lawn in front of a very small house in "downtown" Albion.

Will have some some travel assignments to Omaha/Council Bluffs this fall. Looking forward to some work and the fall.

As someone else posted, that happened once he got to the NFL. The only thing he hit that he shouldn't have during his time in Lincoln was parked cars while he was driving.
Again, wrong. I guess Bones got banned. Dirty player in practice according to team mate. VT game, piling on out of bounds, cost bugeaters the game. Plus, what does it matter, dirty player...still got a Christian Peter poster on the wall. F Nebraska.

Reactions: deanhawk88
Quote > "I played college football, there were lots of guys trading jabs and occasional cheap shots, especially when you get sick of butting heads with the guys across from you. Take your he-said, she-said stuff somewhere else".

Does anyone on here believe that ThrowBones played college football? I do not believe that a former player would be on another teams message board acting all butt hurt. I can "maybe" see a former player going to his own teams message board and reading some of the forums .... but as far as even posting - let alone going to another teams board? Not buying it. I'm thinking he's 16 years old and goes to school all decked out in Red everyday.

You might be surprised at how many of us on this board played college football and even coached a little high school and even college football. I know I'm on my own board, but I don't have any reason to doubt that ThrowBones played college ball. Did you?

Reactions: bigfridaynite
He'll probably be looking for a new job if it takes him a couple years.......
Went to the Purdue Iowa game in West Lafayette, and to tie Iowa Purdue needed a touchdown. I was sitting in the end zone, and the Purdue QB was rushing for a touchdown with nobody around him. Bobby Diaco rushed in to make the tackle to save the game. He made the tackle and the QB was short of end zone, but the ref called it wrong. I remember the play because it was like an Oklahoma drill, one on one with the game on the line. Bobby Diaco was a real good linebacker..

Back to point, I think Diaco knows a helluva lot about coaching, especially defense. Very good hire in my opinion.

Yeah he might be. Had success coaching defense on Kelley's staffs at Cincinnati and Notre Dame. Interested to see how it works out in Lincoln.

Again, wrong. I guess Bones got banned. Dirty player in practice according to team mate. VT game, piling on out of bounds, cost bugeaters the game. Plus, what does it matter, dirty player...still got a Christian Peter poster on the wall. F Nebraska.
Dirty player in practice? I'm sure he and Slauson did get into it a few times. Line practice, especially 1s vs. 1s can get heated. I also don't doubt that he and other teammates did likely see the tip of the obvious iceberg that was Suh's anger. However in games he rarely displayed the same lack of momentary judgement that he's shown in the NFL several times. A personal foul penalty against VT to essentially lose the game for Nebraska? Are you talking about the 2009 game in Blacksburg? I remember our inept offense not being able to pick up a first down before VT's game-winning possession and a broken coverage down the sidelines that got the ball inside the 5 yard line for the Hokies as the key reasons Nebraska lost, but even when looking at the final few possessions of that game on YouTube I didn't see a Suh penalty, let alone one that "cost the Bugeaters the game." Besides it's a 60 minute game, more than one play costs a team a game. You must pay more attention to Nebraska football than I do and I vividly remember watching that game.

I'm not asking that you like him - again as a lifelong Nebraska fan even I think he's gone well over the line numerous times throughout his career and has deservedly earned being labelled as a cheap-shotting douche bag - or am I asking you to like Nebraska football. However if you can take the gold-colored glasses off for one moment and try to have a rational conversation about anything involving Nebraska rather than end your post with an overly-biased "F Nebraska" - signifying how irrational trying to discus things with you is - then perhaps you'll realize that out of all of the Nebraska posters that have wandered over to this board, I'm probably one of the few that isn't coming here to talk crap and get butthurt about any sort of criticism you have of our program but instead have a decent conversation with like-minded people whose main difference is they support Iowa football and not Nebraska. In the grand scheme of things, that's an extremely minute difference between us to act with such hostility. It's just football for Christ's sake. Again, best of luck to Iowa this year as I wish you nothing but success as success for both teams will raise the level of excitement nationally for our matchups to conclude the regular season. It would be nice to have a de facto Big Ten West championship game year after year in either Lincoln or Iowa City the day after Thanksgiving. Iowa has been doing their part the last few years to try and make that happen, now it's up to Nebraska to step it up when it matters.

Reactions: Hot.Carl
You are correct on Nebraska not being at Iowa's level anytime soon. Since 2009 Nebraska has 72 wins to Iowa's 62.

Since 2009? Odd time frame, but if that's what works for you.... Funny you didn't use two years. Oh.. yea.. 20 wins for Iowa only 15 for UN.

The difference is Iowa has higher highs and lower lows. Iowa highs result in top 10 finishes, Big Ten championships and January 1st bowl games.

UN has nothing to show for it's efforts this century. Nothing.

I've gotta pile on about this " Black Shirts" thing. It means NOTHING to anyone but Nebby fans.... along with Husker red and Husker Saturday and all the other crap I'm forced to hear living in their TV market. It's more like a cult than a fan base. Surprised I don't see Huskers fans going door to door in pairs forcing their opinion on all the decent people that could care less about anything Husker. My Facebook is about 50/50 Iowa/Neb fans. The Nebs post about every bowel movement in the program, the Hawks, no where near as ridiculous. The worst of it is, Huskers gotta come post their GBR crap on nearly every pro Iowa post I see, rarely see it the other way. How mental do you have to be to be a Husker? Fortunately, most of my Husker friends don't do me like that in person and have respect for me because I try and respect them.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I've gotta pile on about this " Black Shirts" thing. It means NOTHING to anyone but Nebby fans.... along with Husker red and Husker Saturday and all the other crap I'm forced to hear living in their TV market. It's more like a cult than a fan base. Surprised I don't see Huskers fans going door to door in pairs forcing their opinion on all the decent people that could care less about anything Husker. My Facebook is about 50/50 Iowa/Neb fans. The Nebs post about every bowel movement in the program, the Hawks, no where near as ridiculous. The worst of it is, Huskers gotta come post their GBR crap on nearly every pro Iowa post I see, rarely see it the other way. How mental do you have to be to be a Husker? Fortunately, most of my Husker friends don't do me like that in person and have respect for me because I try and respect them.
Your first couple of sentences also describes what it's like to be a sane Nebraska fan that doesn't invest everything emotionally into how the Huskers do. I'm looking forward to football season because it's football season, but also am not because it's football season and everything involving Nebraska football is over-analyzed beyond belief. I love it that our fanbase cares and wants this program to return to being even close to what they were for the last few decades of the 20th century, however in many cases it goes past the point of being thorough and to the point of being delusional/ridiculous. On behalf of the "normal" people that just happen to support Nebraska football, I apologize but again, I too have to read all that nonsense which many times ends up with me shaking my head.

Since 2009? Odd time frame, but if that's what works for you.... Funny you didn't use two years. Oh.. yea.. 20 wins for Iowa only 15 for UN.

The difference is Iowa has higher highs and lower lows. Iowa highs result in top 10 finishes, Big Ten championships and January 1st bowl games.

UN has nothing to show for it's efforts this century. Nothing.
Actually UN has played for the National Championship and for conference championships this century. I didn't use 2 years because Riley's first year's team probably isn't indicative of what he will field going forward. It will be interesting comparing program wins and expectations going forward. It will also be interesting to see how Iowa St. positions itself for the probable upcoming conference changes. They will have to be very aggressive to ensure they wind up in a power 5 conference.

If comparing the two programs, Iowa v. Nebraska, the best "timeframe" would be from when the Huskers joined the Big Ten and moving forward. That's when the two began playing head-to-head annually and both played Big Ten schedules. So that would be from 2011-present

Iowa
2011 - 7-6 (4-4)
2012 - 4-8 (2-6)
2013 - 8-5 (5-3)
2014 - 7-6 (4-4)
2015 - 12-2 (8-0)
2016 - 8-5 (6-3)
---------------------------
Total: 46-32 (29-20)

Nebraska
2011 - 9-4 (5-3)
2012 - 10-4 (7-1)
2013 - 9-4 (5-3)
2014 - 9-4 (5-3)
2015 - 6-7 (3-5)
2016 - 9-4 (6-3)
----------------------------
Total: 52-27 (31-18)

The teams have split head-to-head evenly at three apiece, each has played in one conference title game. Iowa has had a higher high, Nebraska has been more consistent. Fairly evenly matched in comparison IMO.

If comparing the two programs, Iowa v. Nebraska, the best "timeframe" would be from when the Huskers joined the Big Ten and moving forward. That's when the two began playing head-to-head annually and both played Big Ten schedules. So that would be from 2011-present

Iowa
2011 - 7-6 (4-4)
2012 - 4-8 (2-6)
2013 - 8-5 (5-3)
2014 - 7-6 (4-4)
2015 - 12-2 (8-0)
2016 - 8-5 (6-3)

Nebraska
2011 - 9-4 (5-3)
2012 - 10-4 (7-1)
2013 - 9-4 (5-3)
2014 - 9-4 (5-3)
2015 - 6-7 (3-5)
2016 - 9-4 (6-3)

The teams have split head-to-head evenly at three apiece, each has played in one conference title game. Iowa has had a higher high, Nebraska has been more consistent. Fairly evenly matched in comparison IMO.

Pretty good post, but let me remind you
Before an Iowa fan does, it's not the 90's anymore. And the big 8 was overrated.

Iowa
2011 - 7-6 (4-4)
2012 - 4-8 (2-6)
2013 - 8-5 (5-3)
2014 - 7-6 (4-4)
2015 - 12-2 (8-0)
2016 - 8-5 (6-3)

Nebraska
2011 - 9-4 (5-3)
2012 - 10-4 (7-1)
2013 - 9-4 (5-3)
2014 - 9-4 (5-3)
2015 - 6-7 (3-5)
2016 - 9-4 (6-3)

It's not the 90's anymore. And the Big 8 was over rated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT