ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Hansen

Who said he was a perfect stranger?

Bobby has always been willing to share his thoughts like this with people, and I doubt if it will cause him to change. He's not a member of the coaching staff, he's a color commentator with strong opinions about Iowa basketball.

If it wasn't a perfect stranger, it is many perfect strangers now. So he might as well have posted it on Hawkeye Report itself.

Bobby Hansen, are you posting on Hawkeye Report that Ahmad Wagner is the odd man out in the rotation this year? And are we to take that as your opinion, or fact?

Who said he was a perfect stranger?

Bobby has always been willing to share his thoughts like this with people, and I doubt if it will cause him to change. He's not a member of the coaching staff, he's a color commentator with strong opinions about Iowa basketball.

If Hansen said it, I suppose if he knew it would end up being "reported" he would be less likely to share his thoughts now. He didn't even get to be anonymous like the rest of us.

If it wasn't a perfect stranger, it is many perfect strangers now. So he might as well have posted it on Hawkeye Report itself.

Bobby Hansen, are you posting on Hawkeye Report that Ahmad Wagner is the odd man out in the rotation this year? And are we to take that as your opinion, or fact?

If Hansen said it, I suppose if he knew it would end up being "reported" he would be less likely to share his thoughts now. He didn't even get to be anonymous like the rest of us.

big difference between talking Iowa BB as an insider (which Hansen is) referencing playing time in general than specifically naming a player (Ahmad Wagner) is the 'odd man out'.

Even if that is an informed opinion (as an insider) probably better to keep it under the table (at least until practice starts up).

big difference between talking Iowa BB as an insider (which Hansen is) referencing playing time in general than specifically naming a player (Ahmad Wagner) is the 'odd man out'.

Even if that is an informed opinion (as an insider) probably better to keep it under the table (at least until practice starts up).
On the other hand, it could be a comment about something so blatantly obvious

We're really arguing over what a 'perfect stranger' is?

It was just an opinion, which might help motivate Wagner to keep working, not hurt him. None of us know how playing time is going to play out, including Hansen.

Reactions: unclesammy
Sorry, I don't believe Bobby would share a speculation that calls out a player. Especially, I don't believe he would say anything if he had "insider" info from coaches regarding AW's playing time.

Just my humble opinion.

Reactions: hawk-i bob
We're really arguing over what a 'perfect stranger' is?

o-PERFECT-STRANGERS-570.jpg

Ahmad received the coach's award for most improved at the basketball b banquet. If he is healthy I think he will play.

Ahmad received the coach's award for most improved at the basketball b banquet. If he is healthy I think he will play.
On the other hand, if AW doesn't play much and given the most improved award he got in the spring, doesn't that say something very good about the players beating him out for PT?

Reactions: hawkfanmb
One thing you gotta love about Bobby Hansen is he tells it like it is... even if it is to a random guy at the state fair.

Reactions: hawkfanmb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT