ADVERTISEMENT

Bono to Wisconsin

Are you a Wrestling fan or just a professional message board troll?

IF the former, maybe you actually watched the NCAAs? Not taking anything away from Gross, but If you saw his Semis and Finals matches you may understand where I am coming from.

It is my opinion that 133 will be a lot tougher next year. I gave you two Wrestlers in the above post who many feel will be at 33 and there could be several more!

Did not say that he can't or won't win it next year. Just saying he will have to be even better to do so. IOWA is the very best place to make it happen!
Former wrestler and Hawkeye fan since 70s. Been watching Gross since his early years in H.S. He never wrestled to the level he did until he landed at SDSU. Many of the post I've read on here questioned whether he would have reached that level had he stayed at Iowa. And I never said I wouldn't like to see him back.

Yea hearing the team is starting to talk and it's not good.Im hearing Ramos is the 3rd guy in the mix
Won’t get that far. If Hahn says no, schopp comes back in a heartbeat and the team stays basically intact.

Come on!!!! Don’t make a statement like that and give us NOTHING!
Talking out of both sides of his mouth to kids, parents, staff.

Stuff I posted earlier about trying to squeeze the AD for more and the AD calling his bluff

Let’s say Morningstar is the new coach. Who do we bring on board for his replacement? What is Morningstars current salary? I say we go get metcalf and bring him back for the middle weights.

On top of this, the administration does not bend any admission standard to get wrestlers into the school. 3.8 GPA and 28 ACT is "typical requirement". I understand that Barry had several studs ready to commit over the last several years only to not get accepted into the school. I think it will be harder to right the ship for Bono than many think.

That's why Gary Anderson left Wisconsin for Oregon State. Couldn't get around the admission requirements. Football and basketball might bend a little, but it can't be much.

I didn't realize those were the admission requirements. Where did you find those anyways? Not trying to be a smart ass either.

Let’s say Morningstar is the new coach. Who do we bring on board for his replacement? What is Morningstars current salary? I say we go get metcalf and bring him back for the middle weights.

I'd never thought I'd ever say this but I think we need some new blood...a hustler from the outside who's hungry and doesn't mind living on the road. Because that's what we have in M*. Get the talent and the results will speak for themselves.

Team wants Schopp back. Interesting to see if AD bends.

Lots of stuff coming out about Bono and it’s not a good look
Bono is the same guy who tried to get Mocco DQ'd in Kansas City - 2003 - against Scott Coleman of ISU in Mocco's opening round at NCAA's. Bobby Douglas saw the commotion and ran across the arena to put a stop to it.

Coleman eventually defaulted that match, but wrestled back in the consi's and lost in OT to get bounced from the tournament.

Let's just say I'm glad Lincoln Mcllravy is 175-0 all-time against Chris Bono...................

IMO if M* left, Iowa would want to hold a reunion with Ramos. Recruits loves Ramos and he will put the work in. Look at the recruits that have made their way to UNC. Would be a good equivalent to M* IMO. Has some outside perspective now and I would think his competition days esp. at 57kg are almost done. Thoughts?

Reactions: pumpdog20
I'd never thought I'd ever say this but I think we need some new blood...a hustler from the outside who's hungry and doesn't mind living on the road. Because that's what we have in M*. Get the talent and the results will speak for themselves.

Wouldn't disagree, but most of whom come to mind that would seem to meet that criteria are still competing. I really don't think we need to worry about it happening, but good discussion anyways.

Bono is the same guy who tried to get Mocco DQ'd in Kansas City - 2003 - against Scott Coleman of ISU in Mocco's opening round at NCAA's. Bobby Douglas saw the commotion and ran across the arena to put a stop to it.

Coleman eventually defaulted that match, but wrestled back in the consi's and lost in OT to get bounced from the tournament.

Let's just say I'm glad Lincoln Mcllravy is 175-0 all-time against Chris Bono...................
Typical Iowa math.

That's why Gary Anderson left Wisconsin for Oregon State. Couldn't get around the admission requirements. Football and basketball might bend a little, but it can't be much.

I didn't realize those were the admission requirements. Where did you find those anyways? Not trying to be a smart ass either.
Here is the link that I found the actual numbers, although they perfectly back up the story that I was told.

Link

It's interesting that this all came up because this was a conversation that I had just this season with someone very close to the program. I went back and forth after that conversation about whether Barry would be done there soon. The message that I got was that Barry was very frustrated with the situation. That he wasn't being put in a position to compete anymore, and that UW really didn't care about there sports programs anymore, and were just trying to be an Ivy League type institution.

Reactions: nearfall2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT