ADVERTISEMENT

Boomers: How is your retirement looking after Covid?

Awesome put me on ignore then. You seem like an overall good guy who’s been duped into partisan politics. I prefer we have an open dialogue, but if you’re that upset with me, just ignore.

Oh I haven’t been duped at all, Go back through my posting history and you will find I leaned right and have voted for Republicans many times, That all changed with Trump and how off the rails the GOP has gone since 2016. The Democratic Party is extremely flawed and misguided in regard to monetary policies IMO. Sadly the GOP is a shell of what it once was and I truly have no idea what their actual plan is for Governing in the future.

True. But your generation embarrassed us as a country in Vietnam (for not fighting with dignity, and having asshats sit at home bitching about it). A completely winnable war that would have left us with a land border into the greatest threat we’ve ever faced. Should have been a war of aggression into north Vietnam, but the hippies would have lost their minds.
My brother served in Viet Nam and suffered greatly for it after he returned. Snot nosed whiny brats like you are completely undeserving of his sacrifice. Delete your account, jerk.

My overall portfolio is up about 45 percent. It's compromised of 10% stocks, 35% mutual funds, 5% bonds, 10% cash and the rest real estate (ag ground). Just had all the real estate appraised for another closing next week so this is accurate within 7 days. And yes, mf, stocks and bonds are kicking my ass...

Yeah, unfortunately you’re describing the rest of your pathetic generation and not me. I’ve always supported vets, regardless of war. You are truly becoming fuel to a party based on something that died in 1991z
No, you clearly do not support our soldiers. There were over 50000 casualties in Viet Nam, almost all boomers. Of course, the people making the decisions were not boomers, as they were older. But idiots like you want to blame the guys who actually fought and sacrificed and suffered. You're a total moron.

I won’t answer the question because the question is irrelevant. It’s not about me bro. Hard for your generation to understand, but it’s simple: your worries are more/less meaningless to the population.

you’ve already baked in tax cuts for yourselves and a dipshit that speaks for you. The next move, everyone, is insane taxation on retirees who have pillaged us more than we can imagine.

Why do you think your "it's not about me, I'm trying to have a civil conversation" b.s. excuse is a persuasive argument when someone asks you a question or calls out your past inconsistencies?

No, you clearly do not support our soldiers. There were over 50000 casualties in Viet Nam, all boomers. Of course, the people making the decisions were not boomers, as they were older. But idiots like you want to blame the guys who actually fought and sacrificed and suffered. You're a total moron.
No. I simply report facts, and you take it personally. If we had an aggressive stance towards Vietnam, and didn’t subject our soldiers to stupidity, we would be in a better situation. When I say “boomers” I’ll be sure to exclude Vietnam vets in the future (because they’re very relevant, and deserve their own grouping).

Why do you think your "it's not about me, I'm trying to have a civil conversation" b.s. excuse is a persuasive argument when someone asks you a question or calls out your past inconsistencies?
Well, let’s see. My response was toward a known troll guilty of lying/trolling. You white knighting for him likely caused an orgasm. Good job fairy

I don’t require- and my parents aren’t you. You’re a sick piece of trash. Again the ban on NC was based on personal crybaby material from the one, the only @Mike Zierath . Hated me because I spoke truth. Couldn’t stand someone capable of criticizing him on record.
Not true at all.

I banned you because you aren’t the type of person that should be posting on an anonymous message board. You have no self control.

you can’t help it, I know. Take your meds….you’ll be fine.

Not true at all.

I banned you because you aren’t the type of person that should be posting on an anonymous message board. You have no self control.

you can’t help it, I know. Take your meds….you’ll be fine.
I take my meds son. And you backtracking the political argument is a sign of character I possess yet you don’t. Entirely political. I’m nuts for sure but I don’t even approach the lines average posters do on here.

True. But your generation embarrassed us as a country in Vietnam (for not fighting with dignity, and having asshats sit at home bitching about it). A completely winnable war that would have left us with a land border into the greatest threat we’ve ever faced. Should have been a war of aggression into north Vietnam, but the hippies would have lost their minds.
Wait, The baby boomers went from 46-64. The Vietnam conflict started in 1955. Are you blaming the 9 year old boomers, or the ones that weren't born before the start?

Dude, it sucks and I try to apologize on their behalf. They have my logs from that time period and now, but I wouldn’t hold your breath as the fbi is backlogged for years on this shit. They can attack people on politics, but lord their cyber department needs work.
Says the guy on the tin foil hat!

I don’t require- and my parents aren’t you. You’re a sick piece of trash. Again the ban on NC was based on personal crybaby material from the one, the only @Mike Zierath . Hated me because I spoke truth. Couldn’t stand someone capable of criticizing him on record.
You rip on boomers and act if they’re all bad. Your parents were probably boomers, if you aren’t.

Now you’re rambling on about a ban conspiracy on this board. Sorry for your loss. Loss of brain cells.

I take my meds son. And you backtracking the political argument is a sign of character I possess yet you don’t. Entirely political. I’m nuts for sure but I don’t even approach the lines average posters do on here.
I’ve been moderating these boards for 20 years. You are the most interesting case study I’ve ever seen.

I sleep well at night knowing that you will ultimately be your own worst enemy and that I don’t have to do much to make that very apparent because you do it so well for me!

not sure what it is you think you have going right now, but it won’t last!

No. I simply report facts, and you take it personally. If we had an aggressive stance towards Vietnam, and didn’t subject our soldiers to stupidity, we would be in a better situation. When I say “boomers” I’ll be sure to exclude Vietnam vets in the future (because they’re very relevant, and deserve their own grouping).
You don't report facts. You said boomers were responsible for the mistakes in Viet Nam, which is totally wrong. The decision makers, from Eisenhower early on to Dean Rusk to LBJ to Nixon weren't boomers. So you intentionally maligned the generation that supplied the soldiers and insulted them because you are either extremely ignorant or very stupid or an intententional liar and distorter. Regardless of which it is, you're totally wrong and it was a nasty thing to say about our soldiers.

I’ve been moderating these boards for 20 years. You are the most interesting case study I’ve ever seen.

I sleep well at night knowing that you will ultimately be your own worst enemy and that I don’t have to do much to make that very apparent because you do it so well for me!

Well, at least you can put the conspiracy theorists to bed. However, I pay your salary. And I’m really not that unpleasant with non-hacks.

That’s a very depressing attitude you have- especially when I have you on record as opposing me because of some stupid political trash that’s not even something I support.

“You claim to be independent politically, but, you can’t help but role everything g to a MAGA defense in almost every political thread, but claim you are middle of the road.” - Mike. Political ban. And 0 truth to that quote.

After completely burdening your children and grandchildren with massive debt, shipping all decent blue collar jobs overseas, and cutting taxes for yourselves- how does Covid feel?

Is it sort of a rain on your parade, or just a reality that you’re preparing for with vaccines?
I am doing good. Thanks for asking. I went 100% in cash (money market) early in the year. I am waiting for the crap to hit the fan. I could see 2,000 - 2,500 as an entry point.

My wife and I keep our "nut" monthly bills very low. I have not made a mortgage payment in 22 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: NCHawk5
Unfortunately folks, we’re in an environment that thinks controlling speech based on nonsense is a good idea. I, for one, believe speech is the foundation of a sound society. Our moderator clearly does not agree- and that’s unfortunate because his boss seems to be in agreement with me. Speak. Speak. And speak some more.

I am doing doing good. Thanks for asking. I went 100% in cash (money market) early in the year. I am waiting for the crap to hit the fan. I could see 2,000 - 2,500 as an entry point.

My wife and I keep our "nut" monthly bills very low. I have not made a mortgage payment in 22 years.
A good boomer folks. Cares about his family. Seriously, I like this comment.

“You claim to be independent politically, but, you can’t help but role everything g to a MAGA defense in almost every political thread, but claim you are middle of the road.” Ban hammer? I’ll keep repeating. The most disgusting and most politically motivated banning on HROT in its history.

NC is the kid at school who eventually drops out, gets kicked out, or moves to another town.

I am much better off today retirement account-wise than I was in 2009, following the housing mess. Thank god, I was able to recovery nicely. By 2012 I was back to where I was in ‘08.
As a “boomer” I make no apologies to no one. I wish all y’all good luck though. But...if you think us Boomers screwed it up so badly, I suggest you start making smarter decisions. ASAP

I probably over-saved prior to retirement and over-diversified investments since. Retirement funds still look solid and I have zero debt so that is another plus. Retirement itself is even better than advertised.

Reactions: franklinman
I'm looking at April of 2023. I have some vacation I need to burn before hand. Otherwise, right on track.

Well, at least you can put the conspiracy theorists to bed. However, I pay your salary. And I’m really not that unpleasant with non-hacks.

That’s a very depressing attitude you have- especially when I have you on record as opposing me because of some stupid political trash that’s not even something I support.

“You claim to be independent politically, but, you can’t help but role everything g to a MAGA defense in almost every political thread, but claim you are middle of the road.” - Mike. Political ban. And 0 truth to that
There’s just nothing here that is correct.

Nothing!

You need back on your meds.

After completely burdening your children and grandchildren with massive debt, shipping all decent blue collar jobs overseas, and cutting taxes for yourselves- how does Covid feel?

Is it sort of a rain on your parade, or just a reality that you’re preparing for with vaccines?
Should read "After Biden"!!

@Mike Zierath care to comment on a direct quote? Or you just label me as a fing MAGA again? (A movement I’ve despised from the beginning). You can’t say shit like that about an individual who doesn’t possess/support anything coming out of that political wing and expect no repercussions.
As usual, you put your own delusional thoughts and words in my brain and mouth.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You were banned twice, by me, for being completely off the rails. You are a complete tool, and I have the ability to mess with you every day. I’m personally enjoying the hell out of it!

Reactions: fredjr82
NC is the kid at school who eventually drops out, gets kicked out, or moves to another town.
Yeah… except NC has an education on his resume combined with transcripts of success that beat probably every single one of you.

I have no idea what you are talking about. You were banned twice, by me, for being completely off the rails. You are a complete tool, and I have the ability to mess with you every day. I’m personally enjoying the hell out of it!
Who was the guy, not terribly long ago, maybe 3-4 months, who got banned and then started using the like 8 other accounts he had already created?

Nc5
That guy
Legend12

Gold, silver, bronze for shit posting after a ban.

Reactions: Mike Zierath

This post makes my heart warm ❤️

Reactions: 7 Dunks
Who was the guy, not terribly long ago, maybe 3-4 months, who got banned and then started using the like 8 other accounts he had already created?

Nc5
That guy
Legend12

Gold, silver, bronze for shit posting after a ban.
No way @Legend12 is one of his other handles. He doesn’t have the charm or pithiness to pull off what Legend does.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT