ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Smith Appreciation!

87alum87

All-Conference
Aug 28, 2009
Dahinda, IL
Thanks Brandon for coming from Mississippi to Iowa, and being and instrumental part of beating a home state team. Thanks for every downfield block and every corner, safety, or even linebackers you kept from making a play. Thanks for the end-zone corner catches. Mostly thanks for being a team leader with no off-field issues. You will be missed!

I think you will do well at the combine, and I bet KF puts in a great word for you, and you will make the best of a late round draft choice. Look forward to watching you on Sundays.

Thanks #12!

Brandon Smith has strong arms
AR-190829886.jpg

Thanks Brandon. Culture shock I’m sure but you will be a better person for this. Once a Hawk- always a Hawk ,,,best of luck to you as you pursue your NFL dream.

He was a really fun player to watch develop over the years. I think he fumbled his first ever catch so there was nowhere to go but up. Too bad he got hurt last season and missed a bunch of games, his career stats would be a bit better along with this shortened season.

One of my favorite hawks of all time. Sadly under utilized. Will never forget the circus catch against PSU and the countless other catches where he overpowered the DB and made seem routine. Hope he goes on to make a name for himself in the league.

Thanks Brandon for coming from Mississippi to Iowa, and being and instrumental part of beating a home state team. Thanks for every downfield block and every corner, safety, or even linebackers you kept from making a play. Thanks for the end-zone corner catches. Mostly thanks for being a team leader with no off-field issues. You will be missed!

I think you will do well at the combine, and I bet KF puts in a great word for you, and you will make the best of a late round draft choice. Look forward to watching you on Sundays.

Thanks #12!
Love this kid. Wish he would stay one more year but can understand wanting to move on. Him and ISM turned around the WR position for Iowa. Hope he can make a roster next year.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger.1865

Thanks #12!

Dude always has a smile on his face.

And, as you can see, he is currently training in warm weather for his NFL shot.

Erz5IusW4AAF5w9

Erz5IusXIAM0GnJ

Erz5IupXMAQxZni

Reactions: IAGuy
Actually his blocking ability and strength will turn some heads. If he has a great combine performance will certainly get some additonal attention, and its likely that his vertical and long jump will be elite.

He is a guy that can go over the middle and make that tough catch for a first down and/or be a red zone threat.

Reactions: easy2
Brandon, you made some of the greatest catches I have ever seen a Hawkeye make. We were so fortunate to have in the program. Best wishes going forward.

I love that guy. Excellent hands and reliable as can be in all phases. He just goes to work! I really hope he has caught the eye of the pro scouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT