ADVERTISEMENT

Brands interview

Tom said he does not have any wrestlers adding onto the roster for the 2nd semester (Anthony or AJ). He also said if it was up to Ben Keuter he would’ve been added to the roster yesterday. Doesn’t sound like he’s going to be on the roster right away. Sounds like it’s a wait and see. The reporters are so afraid of Brands and can’t ask him the questions everyone wants to know.

Look, I get that it’s Tom Brands we are talking about here but you’re being pretty dense if you are unable to comprehend his Kueter comments weren't about him being on the roster they were about him being in the lineup.

Look, I get that it’s Tom Brands we are talking about here but you’re being pretty dense if you are unable to comprehend his Kueter comments weren't about him being on the roster they were about him being in the lineup.
3:37am and Spooner is calling someone dense for not understanding.

I envision Spooner waking straight up out of bed and screaming, "You are doing it wrong dumbass"!!

His poor family

How could you take anything definitive away from that interview?
Tom always keep things very close to the vest. Remember the mystery of Matt M his senior year. We thought it was the weight cut getting him. Even after his season ended, Tom wouldn’t come out and admit he had a shoulder injury. Ferentz and McCaffery are the same way, and intimidate the Iowa media into softball questions.

Reactions: el dub
If he has signed I am pretty sure he can comment on him
Do you have to officially be on the roster to redshirt? If so, Anthony would need to be on the team to use his redshirt?? Would AJ also have to be on the team to Olympic redshirt?? I know AJ said he was already academically accepted and it seems like Anthony has taken care of what he needed to do academically. I can see how AJ may not be on the roster with the SS debacle, but surprised Anthony isn’t.

Do you have to officially be on the roster to redshirt? If so, Anthony would need to be on the team to use his redshirt?? Would AJ also have to be on the team to Olympic redshirt?? I know AJ said he was already academically accepted and it seems like Anthony has taken care of what he needed to do academically. I can see how AJ may not be on the roster with the SS debacle, but surprised Anthony isn’t.

You wouldn't officially redshirt unless you are on the roster. But you'd still lose the year of eligibility just the same. You have 12 months from high school graduation to start your clock, then you have five years to compete four years. So Anthony wouldn't count last year since he never started at OSU, and then this year would be a second year off and basically a redshirt, whether it's official or not. Then if he starts next year he still has four years of eligibility remaining. That's for D1 and D2, there isn't the same age limits for D3 or NAIA if he ever went that route.

Reactions: el dub
You people don't want me to put in more effort.

You'll have to just trust me on this one...
Johnstownsteel you've had a dozen or more handles in the past half decade here on HR putting in extra effort to do what you do. I don't believe there is a wrestling fan of another fanbase that has put as much effort as you have here.

I've only had 1 Rivals handle my whole wrestling board career. I poke the bear certainly, but only I spend a few mins at a time doing it. I don't let it consume my whole day creating multiple handles. Do you spend your days and nights, driving around Pennsylvania delivering pizza's, while simultaneously using your phone to post on wrestling boards?

Last edited:
Johnstownsteel you've had a dozen or more handles in the past half decade here on HR putting in extra effort to do what you do. I don't believe there is a wrestling fan of another fanbase that has put as much effort as you have here.

I've only had 1 Rivals handle my whole wrestling board career. I poke the bear certainly, but only I spend a few mins at a time doing it. I don't let it consume my whole day creating multiple handles. Do you spend your days and nights, driving around Pennsylvania delivering pizza's, while simultaneously using your phone to post on wrestling boards?

This is the guy that I got so flustered, so pissed off, so annoyed that he made a dig at me because my son committed suicide.

I stand by what I said, you people dont want me to put in any more effort than I already do. ESPECIALLY you Turk...

Last edited:
This is the guy that I got so flustered, so pissed off, so annoyed that he made a dig at me because my son committed suicide.

I stand by what I said, you people dont want me to put in any more effort than I already do. ESPECIALLY you Turk...
When you repeatedly called me a cocksucker/c*nt at the drop of a hat I asked if you talked to your kid that way aswell. That's all I said. I never said a word about suicide. Don't drag that crap here and play a victim.

Did you just delete your post calling me a cocksucker again? Why?

• Haha
Reactions: eb05 and Mpchillin
You're a piece of shit Turk. You knew the situation with my son.... so it should have never came out of your cum filled mouth. Dead children should have been off limits but at least you made it clear that when it comes to you and me. nothing is below the belt. I know that now...

And yes...i deleted it. I had second thoughts about bringing up your propensity to shove dick down your throat. (Ask me how I know that about you Turk) so I figured ill do that on my own board when you come over there instead of doing it here so I deleted it.
There it is. The real Johnstownsteel stood up. My grandfather talked like you. He died a lonely, desolate old man.
Yeah...stick up for that piece of shit. The guy cant take run of the mill smack talk and insults so he has to throw digs at a guy over his son dying. Youre a peice of shit too.
He is not sticking up for me. No reason to attack others here randomly.

I don't know anything about you personally. I honestly really don't know you. I don't know if your married or how many kids you may or may not have. I don't know your age, name or what you look like. I think you may deliver pizza's for work? I love pizza

I should have asked if you talked like that to your wife. Do you? Is she still alive or am I in trouble for that aswell?

There it is. The real Johnstownsteel stood up. My grandfather talked like you. He died a lonely, desolate old man.

He is not sticking up for me. No reason to attack others here randomly.

I don't know anything about you personally. I honestly really don't know you. I don't know if your married or how many kids you may or may not have. I don't know your age, name or what you look like. I think you may deliver pizza's for work? I love pizza

I should have asked if you talked like that to your wife. Do you? Is she still alive or am I in trouble for that aswell?

What you DID know was that death of my son nearly killed me and because you cant take some smack talk you decided to throw a dig in about it.

And I asked the mods over there not to ban you. But since you want to keep poking me...Well its on now Turk...

He hasn't ever enrolled in college yet right?

What you DID know was that death of my son nearly killed me and because you cant take some smack talk you decided to throw a dig in about it.

And I asked the mods over there not to ban you. But since you want to keep poking me...Well its on now Turk...
No, I didn't know that. But I DO know that I'm over this conversation right here.

"Exaggerated victimhood is a common feature of narcissistic grandiosity"

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin
No, I didn't know that. But I DO know that I'm over this conversation right here.

"Exaggerated victimhood is a common feature of narcissistic grandiosity"

Check out post 15 in this thread Turk...

So you did know you lying pos. Just admit youre a whiny little bitch that couldn't take some smack talk so you decided to use my dead son to get back at me. Ad yeah...I feel so victimized that I persinally asked the mods not to ban you. But ill say this, since you want to keep poking at me then lets do it.... Should be f*n..

Reactions: Mpchillin
I aint going anywhere. Your mods can try all they want but it aint happening. Now put your dick back in Turks mouth and shut your trap...
I get the back and forth and going at each other because one guy likes one team and someone else likes another. Remember most of us are adults and just love wrestling it's not that important in the grand scheme of things. Penn st is kicking Iowa ass and everyone else's enjoy it. Remember we only do this life thing 1 time.

I can just picture you at the funeral:

"Don't worry, son. I'm gonna make sure your death has meaning. I'm not gonna volunteer my time to help with suicide awareness or try to prevent others from going through what you went through.

I'm going to spend all my waking hours trolling opposing team's fans on an anonymous wrestling board.

I'm gonna make you real proud son, real proud

Naw... he knew my calling in life was to make you and your fanbase look like the low class jagoffs that Ive always said that you are.

But they can comment on who they are currently recruiting, right?

Is this statement incorrect?

"a member institution may comment publicly only to the extent of confirming its recruitment of the prospective student-athlete. The institution may not comment generally about the prospective student-athlete's ability or the contribution that the prospective student-athlete might make to the institution's team; further, the institution is precluded from commenting in any manner as to the likelihood of the prospective student-athlete committing to or signing with that institution."​
If true, it would be nice to say whether Iowa is or is not still recruiting AJ.
Tom Ryan specifcally referenced by name someone they were recruiting and stated the rule that he could reference when he did. I think the rule is so obtuse coaches just don't touch it. Guessing all coaches minus Ryan don't feel it gains them anything by naming them.

Last edited:
Interviewer: Tom with the second semester starting up do you expect any additional roster additions to the roster here for the second half of the season?
Brands: What do you mean, I mean ask the specific question.
Interviewer: Do you have any wrestlers joining the roster for the second semester

Brands: We do not at this moment
The person that asked this question was KJ Pilcher. Take a listen to his most recent Gazette podcast. He talks about how he about quit due to the difficult spot of coaches not wanting to answer questions and fans crossing the line when judging them. I don't blame him a bit.

JTS...have you been to a counselor or therapy? As men, we sometimes try to power through things and shit just starts to get compounded. This is doing you no good bubba.

Edit: I wonder why GIA drew the line at **** but a guy can call another a cum guzzling cocksucker? I think we need to ****ing start a petition to get the word **** on the approved list.

JTS...have you been to a counselor or therapy? As men, we sometimes try to power through things and shit just starts to get compounded. This is doing you no good bubba.

Edit: I wonder why GIA drew the line at **** but a guy can call another a cum guzzling cocksucker? I think we need to ****ing start a petition to get the word **** on the approved list.
We’re on our own, you SOB😆. George Carlin is dead. 🙁

Last edited:
Is there any chance that some of these people who hate Iowa so badly yet post on here daily ...would maybe make use of the Transfer Portal and go hate another team??? Maybe The Ohio State University ??? Hell almost everyone can find a good reason to hate the Buckeyes... Maybe you could get an NIL deal paining graffiti in Columbus Ohio and make an occasional voyage to the Mistake On the Lake..AKA Cleveland !! If you didn't hate Ohio before....you will definitely hate Ohio after a Cleveland trip.

Naw... he knew my calling in life was to make you and your fanbase look like the low class jagoffs that Ive always said that you are.
If you really think you can classify the entire fanbase like this and not think that about your own fanbase, or any other - you are completely delusional. There a good fans and bad fans on all sides.

To come over here constantly and talk shit about the Hawks on a Hawks message board and expect to be greeted with open arms is about as dumb of a position as I can think of.

I'm sorry to hear of what you have been through. I hope you get the help you need

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT