ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING NEWS! Nancy Pelosi's husband arrested for DUI....

My 2 cents...If you truly believe you are not intoxicated, force them to get blood search warrant. Just be polite to LEO. 2) If you live in a town that has a cab or uber service, you are dumb not to take advantage.

I'm still pissed off at ICPD when I chose to leave my car downtown to walk home and then was arrested for Public Intox. I wasn't doing anything, but someone else pushed a blue light button and because I was the tallest in group....I was the one questioned.

Meh. .08 is ridiculously low. I got pulled over with 0 buzz and blew a .07. Was absolutely shocked. Never driven since after drinking.
.08? A good lawyer will easily get him out of that. Way to close to the legal limit.

So, a 240# man who has 7 drinks in four hours would have an estimated BAC of 0.109. Have we seen you on My 600# Life?

Not trying to start a pissing match, but if I'm reading the instructions correctly on this chart the actual equation for @NCHawk5 scenario would be 0.109 - (.015x2). So the BAC for a 240# man drinking 7 beers across 2 hours would be .079. That actually seems pretty realistic. 7 Bud Lights over a couple hours for a big guy I can see being close but not over. One thing is for sure, this graph shows it pays to be a fatty!

-------

Instructions:

The following chart shows estimated percent of alcohol in the blood by number of drinks in relation to body weight. This percent can be estimated by the following:

1. Count your drinks (1 drink equals 1 ounce of 100-proof liquor, one five ounce glass of table wine or one 12-ounce bottle of regular beer).

2. Use the chart below and under number of Drinks and opposite Body weight find the percent of blood alcohol listed.

3. Subtract from this number the percent of alcohol burned up during the time elapsed since your first drink. This figure is .015% per hour.

Example: 180 lbs. man - 8 drinks in 4 hours / .167% minus (.015x4) = .107%)

Not trying to start a pissing match, but if I'm reading the instructions correctly on this chart the actual equation for @NCHawk5 scenario would be 0.109 - (.015x2). So the BAC for a 240# man drinking 7 beers across 2 hours would be .079. That actually seems pretty realistic. 7 Bud Lights over a couple hours for a big guy I can see being close but not over. One thing is for sure, this graph shows it pays to be a fatty!

-------

Instructions:

The following chart shows estimated percent of alcohol in the blood by number of drinks in relation to body weight. This percent can be estimated by the following:

1. Count your drinks (1 drink equals 1 ounce of 100-proof liquor, one five ounce glass of table wine or one 12-ounce bottle of regular beer).

2. Use the chart below and under number of Drinks and opposite Body weight find the percent of blood alcohol listed.

3. Subtract from this number the percent of alcohol burned up during the time elapsed since your first drink. This figure is .015% per hour.

Example: 180 lbs. man - 8 drinks in 4 hours / .167% minus (.015x4) = .107%)
A 240# man having 7 drinks in four hours would have a BAC of .109 after correction for alcohol metabolism. He claimed to have that amount in 2 hours meaning half the time to metabolize.

A 240# man having 7 drinks in four hours would have a BAC of .109 after correction for alcohol metabolism. He claimed to have that amount in 2 hours meaning half the time to metabolize.

I must be missing something. .109 is the unadjusted number I see when I look at a 240# man with 7 drinks on the table. Since the instructions say to subtract .015 x the number of hours since your FIRST drink, it reads to me like you'd have to subtract .03. Like I said, I must be missing something.

I must be missing something. .109 is the unadjusted number I see when I look at a 240# man with 7 drinks on the table. Since the instructions say to subtract .015 x the number of hours since your FIRST drink, it reads to me like you'd have to subtract .03. Like I said, I must be missing something.
His table is nonsense. I ran it with how much liquor I’ve consumed in one 12 hour period and I guess I should call Guinness because I hold the world BAC record.

According to the department of transportation roughly 30 people per day die due to alcohol related vehicle accidents. 11k(ish) a year.

We should ban assault drinks.

According to the department of transportation roughly 30 people per day die due to alcohol related vehicle accidents. 11k(ish) a year.

We should ban assault drinks.

Ban parking lots at businesses where alcohol is served.

His table is nonsense. I ran it with how much liquor I’ve consumed in one 12 hour period and I guess I should call Guinness because I hold the world BAC record.
OK Sparky. You really are a man's man!

It's not my table. It's one developed by the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. And, you can find similar ones using Google. I chose that one because I figured you'd accept an academic study. Silly me.

Last edited:
No, your table is stupid because it doesn’t include variance. It’s not just weight that matters, there are way more factors to consider.
Since you went on full defense mode prior to my edit....
OK Sparky. You really are a man's man!

It's not my table. It's one developed by the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. And, you can find similar ones using Google. I chose that one because I figured you'd accept an academic study. Silly me.

Since you went on full defense mode prior to my edit....
Dude, give it a rest. Anyone who has done heavy drinking (which is a high pct of the board if you know Iowa) can figure out this is some worst case scenario don’t drink kids table.

Dude, give it a rest. Anyone who has done heavy drinking (which is a high pct of the board if you know Iowa) can figure out this is some worst case scenario don’t drink kids table.
Dude, join reality. As Trad said, there is a difference between impairment and BAC. I have known and know a lot of people who have a high tolerance level for alcohol. That doesn't mean their blood alcohol levels are less. You can argue with biology all you want but it only makes you look foolish.

Dude, join reality. As Trad said, there is a difference between impairment and BAC. I have known and know a lot of people who have a high tolerance level for alcohol. That doesn't mean their blood alcohol levels are less. You can argue with biology all you want but it only makes you look foolish.

Similarly, I've known people who are impaired with less than .08 BAC.

The CHP on Sunday night issued a press release saying that Pelosi was driving on Walnut Lane in Napa and attempted to cross State Route 29 when his Porsche was hit by the male driver of a Jeep. The CHP said Pelosi was then arrested on suspicion of DUI and booked in the Napa County Detention Center.

That's in the heart of wine country. I bet many people are driving under the influence there. We used a driver when we we there earlier this month.

At the time I was like 23 and shredded. Maybe that plays a role than the moronic weight being the only factor and claiming science, bro! Just foolish and completely lacking awareness of multiple fields of study in anatomy and biology.

At the time I was like 23 and shredded. Maybe that plays a role than the moronic weight being the only factor and claiming science, bro! Just foolish and completely lacking awareness of multiple fields of study in anatomy and biology.
None of what you listed would account for your claimed BAC in half the time listed. None. The easier thing would be to admit you might have been mistaken about the number of drinks or the time frame in which they were consumed. But no, you will instead double and triple down.

None of what you listed would account for your claimed BAC in half the time listed. None. The easier thing would be to admit you might have been mistaken about the number of drinks or the time frame in which they were consumed. But no, you will instead double and triple down.
Because I’m not mistaken. The memory is clear as hell because I was scared out of my mind that I would get a DUI. Someone who does what I do doesn’t just get to show up to work on a Monday after a dui and be fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT