ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz back to Patriots?

if, like pp has done, bf had built a solid staff who could teach and develop and recruit, he would’ve been a good oc coz he’s shown promise on gameday. as things stand, i hope bf to patriots happens— best for all concerned.

• Haha
Reactions: not_mantiteo
636.jpg

One thing I was curious about was who Pats OL coach is. On team website among his coaching duties listed Patricia as OL. They have about a dozen offensive assistants we can only hope and pray Belicheck throws Kirk a bone and takes him from us.

O'Brien would likely bring Brian back. Or at least that's what my wife thinks.

Not as silly as it sounds. My wife watches twitter about 14 hours a day (slight exaggeration) and knows nothing about football, except some names at Iowa. She asked if Brian Ferentz worked for the Patriots today so there must have been something that caught her eye.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Funny you guys don’t think this is Kirks offense.
I think you're half right. The running the clock down to the last second before a snap, never speeding the game up until desperation hits, etc... is Kirk. But I don't think he is that involved in the play calls, etc... That's why I think the offensive problems are an easier fix than most. But you are right about Kirk, we will never play fast and never be among the scoring leaders.

Didn't really have more than one or two healthy wide receivers last year. For whatever reason, Arland IV did not improve his receiving skills. The line execution has gone from average to poor to who's the fool standing alone as defenders run past him (usually Plumb and Jones). At some point the question must be asked, can the coaches teach? I'm not ready to burn the receivers coach but Barnett has seen the line get worse.

I think you're half right. The running the clock down to the last second before a snap, never speeding the game up until desperation hits, etc... is Kirk. But I don't think he is that involved in the play calls, etc... That's why I think the offensive problems are an easier fix than most. But you are right about Kirk, we will never play fast and never be among the scoring leaders.

Didn't really have more than one or two healthy wide receivers last year. For whatever reason, Arland IV did not improve his receiving skills. The line execution has gone from average to poor to who's the fool standing alone as defenders run past him (usually Plumb and Jones). At some point the question must be asked, can the coaches teach? I'm not ready to burn the receivers coach but Barnett has seen the line get worse.
Prior to the Pirate dying I heard Kirk in an interview say we could never run the air raid style offense at Iowa.

O'Brien would likely bring Brian back. Or at least that's what my wife thinks.

Not as silly as it sounds. My wife watches twitter about 14 hours a day (slight exaggeration) and knows nothing about football, except some names at Iowa. She asked if Brian Ferentz worked for the Patriots today so there must have been something that caught her eye.
FFS...just because we're under new management doesn't mean all of the old rules go out the window!

Pic?

Funny you guys don’t think this is Kirks offense.

It's as if people refuse to remember the hate they had for Davis and O'Keefe.

It is time to ship Brian out so we can get another OC to hate. That said, I think those in the know realize if you come to Iowa you're running KF's offense, and I'm guessing the top minds have no interest in that.

It's as if people refuse to remember the hate they had for Davis and O'Keefe.

It is time to ship Brian out so we can get another OC to hate. That said, I think those in the know realize if you come to Iowa you're running KF's offense, and I'm guessing the top minds have no interest in that.
To be fair, Davis and KOK were never this bad. Period.

To be fair, Davis and KOK were never this bad. Period.

That's not really the point.

I'm not a fan of Brian, and would love to see him go, but the offense isn't going to look much different with anyone else calling plays.

It's not the son, it's the father.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT