ADVERTISEMENT

James Ferentz named Assistant OL coach for NY Giants

Something something future iowa OC something
Nfl Draft Football GIF by The Roku Channel

I'm sure the last name had nothing to do with being able to break into coaching with your first ever coaching job...not as a high school assistant, not as a college position coach, but as an NFL assistant. Surely that happens every day to people who want to coach in the NFL.

Cheers to nepotism continuing to be the way of the land.

Last edited:
I'm sure the last name had nothing to do with being able to break into coaching with your first job as an NFL assistant. Cheers to nepotism continuing to be the way of the land.

Look across the NFL and college, heck, other industries, it's not isolated to Iowa City.

Reactions: GOHOX69
That's the way the world works bro. Look no further than politicians and how their kids magically get into the Ivy League schools or West Point.
And it's no different than Iowa farm kids piggy backing off their fathers and grandfathers success. The land is handed down from the blood, sweat & tears from their forefathers. How can anyone not already in farming start a farm? Did those farm kids earn it or was it handed to them? Sure they were forced to wake up in the early AM and feed the hogs & spend time on the tractor... But if their daddy wasn't there & his daddy before him, what would this kid do... go the bank and ask for a loan for 500 acres & $1.5 million in equipment to run the farm? Nope, it's nepotism as well.

Just saying, a lot of farm kids are born on third base as well as successful coaches kids... ANF.

I'm sure the last name had nothing to do with being able to break into coaching with your first job as an NFL assistant. Cheers to nepotism continuing to be the way of the land.

I wasn't aware of a ferentz being on the staff of the giants? nepotism?

Wasting no time getting his coaching career started:

Makes sense.

Kirk mentioned in his PC yesterday that he had met with Charlie Bullen from the Giants just that morning.

Charlie was OLB coach at Illinois in '23 and was recently hired by the Giants. in the same coaching position for '24.

Wonder why he was in town? :)

Football is very fraternal, and Kirk has quite a bit of influence.

Never heard a bad word about James. He is very well liked by everyone I know who knows him. They speak very highly of his character. Good for him!

Reactions: Underscore2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT