ADVERTISEMENT

Brian Ferentz Isn't Cutting It

I am really just tired of all the excuses made for Ferentz and company. It has gotten real old, stale and sad. People might jump on me for saying this. A real Hawkeye fan wants the team to look well coached, prepared and with good execution at game time. Not just bending over backwards to kiss someones behind, making excuses and telling others to follow another team.
Gotta love people on both sides who tell everyone who the REAL FANS are. You have a right to your opinion, so do the people who don't agree with. That doesn't mean their not fans.

Why? The man has NEVER coached o-line before. It was Kirk’s decision to hire a proven, successful OC and have him coach a position he has never coached before.
Yes, so. doesn’t change losing patience w/OLine production

I am really just tired of all the excuses made for Ferentz and company. It has gotten real old, stale and sad. People might jump on me for saying this. A real Hawkeye fan wants the team to look well coached, prepared and with good execution at game time. Not just bending over backwards to kiss someones behind, making excuses and telling others to follow another team.

This. EVERYONE is tired.... But sure.... who cares, a solid Big Ten team can afford to hire the head coaches son with NO play calling experience.....

Just listen to that statement for a second... In what world is that allowed? "Go ahead coach, bring in your son, let him figure it out as he goes." I was upset when it was announced, but like everyone else thought, well at least it isn't GD.... Why do we have to settle? Guess "that's Kirk football"

"Settle for whatever happens." - K. Ferentz

Done wasting my Saturday. OUT

Last edited:
Is Brian Ferentz really the problem? I don't think the issue was his play calling today.

This is Iowa football under Kirk Ferentz. Blame KOK, blame GD, blame BF, blame whomever. The reality is Iowa's OL was not good today, the receivers dropped a lot of balls, Stanley was true to form inconsistent with over throws, and they had some bad penalties.

The talent is below average at best . And the OL is full of young, talented kids still learning. I'm just saying, it's easy to throw BF under the bus, but is it really all on him? I'm not suggesting he is or isn't a bad OC, but given the broader picture, how can you make any sort of determination one way or the other?
Exactly, the problem isn't the coordinators. It's Kirk and Barta. It's at the top. Kinda like blaming office workers and secretaries for the Soviet Union sucking instead of Stalin. Don't replace the dictator at the top. Blame the generals instead, who do what he tells them. Why are all the idiot homers so butthurt and even more zealous than my born again son of god neighbor when it comes to defending the highest-paid employee in the state? I'm beginning to suspect that their fealty and loyalty is all a show, and that they're trolls instead, cuz no one's stupid enough to actually think KF is still worth having as a coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: crketelsen
Ike & Boone gone have been the real killer here. Can we fast forward to next August?

Brian called one of his better games today????? Huh? It was a horrible game plan and very poorly called in the second half. See my post above. We did nothing to expose a pathetic secondary. We did nothing to get wadley in space. It was awful.

would be interesting to know Wadley's stats up the middle---seemed like he ran into a Wall every time and we ran the play a lot. Wadley is a guy that needs some space---better off using him as receiver on 1st and 2nd down then what we've been doing with him all season.

It's bad, yes, but I'm not ready to fire coaches yet. BF is going to be very good, hopefully sooner rather than later. Today, I thought there were about 4 calls that were really bad, but as many or more drive killers that were a result of poor connections between QB/Receiver.

I said 7-5 at the beginning of the year, obviously hoping for more. I think we'll still be there.
No evidence to be optimistic about young Brian. That is strictly over the top optimism.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT