ADVERTISEMENT

Brody Brecht #9 ranked player in the MLB 24 draft class

Well sure. He's got to be almost out of eligibility by now anyway....
Brody will leave UI after the completion of the current baseball season, almost certainly after having been a high selection in the draft this year. If however he was going to stay through his whole college eligibility, he would be a senior next year, so one more year potentially.

I don't know about his status related to COVID year, etc, but it is academic, as he will finish this baseball season and move on to the pros.

Reactions: A21408t
With the CBA rules a real draft Prospect NEVER will see the Senior Year as they lose all leverage with a Team and the draft pool. Even if He had an injury He would enter the draft this Year. College SRs literally get used in the 1st 10 rounds as draft savings and get 50K offers so a team can over slot a underclassman or HS Sr.

Brody will leave UI after the completion of the current baseball season, almost certainly after having been a high selection in the draft this year. If however he was going to stay through his whole college eligibility, he would be a senior next year, so one more year potentially.

I don't know about his status related to COVID year, etc, but it is academic, as he will finish this baseball season and move on to the pros.

The structure of MLB and the draft is such that it makes practically no sense to play through one's final year of eligibility. The players loses practically all leverage if he doesn't sign after being drafted with one year of eligibility remaining.

Reactions: hawkdave007
I’m too lazy to search for it but a couple years ago when the WR room was not looking very good, I mentioned Brody was going to be a much better baseball player and at least one poster here laughed at the thought. That poster can take their L whenever. And yeah, kind of pathetic of me to bring it up too (shrugs).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT