ADVERTISEMENT

Brody starting for Hawks BB in OMA today

Yes the pitcher cheated, but he faced one batter, and they scored 9 or 10 runs after that happened. Not much of an impact on a 13-1 game.
It didn't matter for Iowa, but the real question should be how much has this happened under Erik Bakich? He didn't seem all that surprised by it.

Reactions: nu2u and BBHawk
Wouldn’t have made a difference he’s already committed to playing summer baseball.
I don't understand that if He is serious about the Football Team . Season starts in 3 Months and He is going to play Summer Baseball instead of working out in the WR room? Iowa is a tad short handed at WR .

I don't understand that if He is serious about the Football Team . Season starts in 3 Months and He is going to play Summer Baseball instead of working out in the WR room? Iowa is a tad short handed at WR .
It’s not any different when Connor went to play summer ball. He will still figure out a way to get his work in.

Reactions: nu2u
I get why we couldn’t hit, if they did something to the ball. How did we allow 13 runs pal?

You are correct in that this has no bearing on Michigan scoring 13 runs, but do you think this was the only time a Michigan player had an illegal substance in their glove? I do not think so. If that is the case, could it have impacted prior games that they played? Would they have made the tournament if they were not cheating? Would they have been undefeated in the tournament prior to playing Iowa. We will never know. I do know that losing to Michigan cost Rutgers and Iowa a shot at going to the McAA tournament. It is not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

You are correct in that this has no bearing on Michigan scoring 13 runs, but do you think this was the only time a Michigan player had an illegal substance in their glove? I do not think so. If that is the case, could it have impacted prior games that they played? Would they have made the tournament if they were not cheating? Would they have been undefeated in the tournament prior to playing Iowa. We will never know. I do know that losing to Michigan cost Rutgers and Iowa a shot at going to the McAA tournament. It is not as cut and dry as you make it out to be.

Using your logic, does that mean their coach knew the player was using the substance? Has Iowa had a player that’s ever done the same thing?

These are questions we will never know

I may be pessimistic, but really agree with your comment for any player trying to be a double sport competitor in D1. I just do not see how you can be your very best at either sport.

Using your logic, does that mean their coach knew the player was using the substance? Has Iowa had a player that’s ever done the same thing?

That is what I said. We will never know. The Michigan Coach said they made a mistake and needed to own it. He also claimed that this was not part of their program. He did not say that he was unaware of one of his players doing this though. Ultimately, it is a bad look for the B10 and Michigan. Michigan won the tournament so they probably do not care.

So because mi got caught cheating, it's ok because anyone could cheat?

Lmfao

That is what I said. We will never know. The Michigan Coach said they made a mistake and needed to own it. He also claimed that this was not part of their program. He did not say that he was unaware of one of his players doing this though. Ultimately, it is a bad look for the B10 and Michigan. Michigan won the tournament so they probably do not care.
They gonna own it by passing on the tourney?

Nope....and looking at their other dbag coaches I'd bet his ass knew about cheating!

You can have all the speed in the world but in baseball past high school you need to have speed that has movement and that movement needs to be able to pepper the strike zone and the edges. Batters just have better discipline each step up.

That said I used to be a pretty good baseball player. Like 20 plus years ago. Stepped into a batting cage at a Rec Park a few weeks ago. I could hit the 70-83mph machines pretty well. However got into the machines hitting in the 90's and could only connect on 25%. Those I connected on weren't scoring any runs let alone getting me on base. My buddy who played in the minors adjusted the machine to add movement to a 95mph heater and it was impossible to hit. Its amazing what the pros can do. Even if you can't harness your 97mph fastball major props for being able to throw one. And even more props to those that can hit it.

B1g and logic don't usually mix when it involves osu or mi

Well they beat Iowa (handily) and then beat Rutgers in the championship game. Now if you want to argue Iowa and Rutgers not getting into the NCAA tourney that’s a better argument.

Well they beat Iowa (handily) and then beat Rutgers in the championship game. Now if you want to argue Iowa and Rutgers not getting into the NCAA tourney that’s a better argument.
They were 1-3 vs Iowa this year before deciding to cheat.

I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you. If you're fine with cheaters advancing, then good for you I guess...

I'm not gonna keep going back and forth with you. If you're fine with cheaters advancing, then good for you I guess...

Which element of cheating allowed them to score 13 runs? You sound like an ISU fan.

The pitcher putting a substance on the ball didn’t cause our defense to give up 13 runs get real. Also, how do you know they weren’t doing the same thing in those other games?

I don't know of a player caught cheating in the middle an mlb playoff game. So no clue.

So which transgressions during a game should result in forfeiture? Should a defensive lineman twitching to get an O lineman to jump cause a forfeit? Should a QB altering his cadence to get the D line to jump lead to a forfeit?

So which transgressions during a game should result in forfeiture? Should a defensive lineman twitching to get an O lineman to jump cause a forfeit? Should a QB altering his cadence to get the D line to jump lead to a forfeit?
WTF? nice comparison to a pitcher bringing an illegal foreign substance into the game.

wow lol

From a financial standpoint, he better focus on baseball

It’s not any different when Connor went to play summer ball. He will still figure out a way to get his work in.
preparing for football and Basketball when Connor is an upperclassman and Brecht is a Under classmen are 2 whole different dynamics and Iowa needs some WRs to step up really bad. I get it He has a better chance at Baseball getting a first Pro paycheck but He came in on a Football Schollie . I just dont get the Summer Ball when there is 3 Months till go time and He could push for reps for the Football Team .

• Haha
Reactions: HawkOn15
preparing for football and Basketball when Connor is an upperclassman and Brecht is a Under classmen are 2 whole different dynamics and Iowa needs some WRs to step up really bad. I get it He has a better chance at Baseball getting a first Pro paycheck but He came in on a Football Schollie . I just dont get the Summer Ball when there is 3 Months till go time and He could push for reps for the Football Team .
Hate to break it to you but every high level college baseball players play summer ball and Connor was an under class men when he played summer ball.

CMac's issues were more injury related I believe, although maybe thats partly because he didn't have much off season recovery time. I think thats the main issue with two sport athletes in D1. Someone like Ben Kueter coming in who wants to both wrestle and play football. I know we've had a couple of guys do that, but its going to be a tough road.....
Being really good at 1 sport at the college level is difficult in and of itself. You are correct McCaffery had injury issues. Those injury issues impacted basketball as well. They have impacted Brecht already, as he missed much of the offseason program for baseball when he broke his hand in football last fall.

Kid is a great story. Crazy he has enough potential talent to play both sports. Jeff Samardzjia would be the best case example for Brecht, was a good college WR and good pitcher. If he can figure out the control issue, he'll be a good pitcher.

Couldn’t come up with a cricket reference to try and support your premise? Typically better to stay in the same sport to help your cause.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT