ADVERTISEMENT

Buc-ee’s getting closer to Iowa!

I’ve defaulted to buck-eez for pronunciation, as well.

But if it has a Louisiana origin.. could be like

Bouchè ‘ s

When I lived in Shreveport I would would ask random people what a "geaux tigers" means but I would say it like "ghee-axe" and I would also bring up the catch from time to time. Back in aughts I had to do a lot of trolling in person to get my fill.

I went to Buc-ee’s for the first time this last week. Actually went twice. The first was a Saturday afternoon near Gatlinburg and I’ve never seen so many people crammed into a store. There were lines at almost every fuel pump (all 300 plus of them), lines for the bathroom, lines for everything. It was nuts and if is always like that my stops would be few and far between.

Then we stopped in Richmond, Ky on a Tuesday mid morning and it was much better. Still an impressive number of people but no lines.

Cheap gas, pristine bathrooms, decent food. I liked it and I’ll return again. Their Jerky counter is a cool idea.

I doubt Bucees cares about Iowa markets. They’re looking for critical mass and huge numbers of travelers.
They will eventually get here.

Intersection of I80-I35 has a massive amount of traffic and the largest population base in the state. At some point there will be one in DSM area

You have to wonder if at some point they grow with smaller secondary locations and put in smaller stores. This could make a lot of sense especially for distribution at points between existing stores. Kind of the same way Kwik Star used their distribution lines to chart their expansion.

8yfrl8.jpg

Got a sliced brisket sammich from Buck-ee's in St. Augustine at the World Golf Village exit on Thursday.

Unbelievably tender. Better than any BBQ place I've ever been to. My own experience cooking brisket is sketchy.

They know how to cook brisket.

Reactions: stickman80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT