ADVERTISEMENT

Bucky Meltdown

It’s ridiculous that they were ever ranked #6. They’re pretenders, not contenders
I'll always agree Bucky is a pretender because I hate them. But 12 days ago they had a SOLID resume. Looking at a top 2-3 seed not long ago

Love it. 3 losses in a row. In less than 2 weeks they went from #6 in the nation to probably not being ranked. I hope they don't figure it out before they go to Iowa City.

6tW.gif

I'll always agree Bucky is a pretender because I hate them. But 12 days ago they had a SOLID resume. Looking at a top 2-3 seed not long ago
wisky mens bball and nebby football are the teams in the B1G that I most love to hate.
Watching those stinkin' badgers on this slide is great. Maybe even a little better because they were getting good pub and now they've fallen off a cliff. As Nelson Muntz would say, "Haw-haw!"

Welp I wouldn't bark too much about it, Iowa under Fran typically fades hard & fast down the stretch too.

Fading Michael J Fox GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy
I'm split on that. There have been some years where they played their best basketball end of Feb/March (of course until the tourney started). Seemed to me like some of his better teams that started strong faded.

Agree. I feel like it happened more often than not prior to those past 5 seasons. And with the exception of winning the big ten tourney a couple years ago we've limped into the big ten tourney needing one or two for eligibility or better seeding and lost (usually to Penn State, Nebby or lower end teams).

Reactions: HawkHoops80
A meltdown?

Three of the loses were on the road and the home loss was to the best team in the league.

Wisconsin isn't melting down. It's just life in the big ten. Not the strongest conference this season. But at the same time, there isn't one bad team in the league.

People have no idea how hard it is to win

Reactions: Buffalo43
A meltdown?

Three of the loses were on the road and the home loss was to the best team in the league.

Wisconsin isn't melting down. It's just life in the big ten. Not the strongest conference this season. But at the same time, there isn't one bad team in the league.

True. You are right but it feels good to say it for the time being. Also hoping there is drama in the locker room and they have some transfers.

Kind of a reality check, but they aren't as bad as they played at Rutgers today. Iowa's problem is that they will exploit Iowa's interior defense.

Reactions: Buffalo43
Love it. 3 losses in a row. In less than 2 weeks they went from #6 in the nation to probably not being ranked. I hope they don't figure it out before they go to Iowa City.
As much as I f*n hate Wisconsin, those bastards could be in the midst of a 10+ game losing streak, as well have a horrible record, and still go in to IC and likely win.

Sucks feeling that way, but Fran Fatigue leaves me little recourse.

Reactions: HawknBadgerLand
I agree but if Owen can keep it to 1 foul in 1st half we have a chance
LOL. With the usual brand of officiating that is seen during the season??

You have a better chance of winning the lottery and being struck by lightning on the same day than Freeman avoiding Fran's "2 foul jail" for the remainder of a first half against a decent opponent.

People on this site should know this. Around here style of play is much more important than won/loss record
Oh yeah. I love watching guys dribble the air outta the ball for 27 seconds before chucking up a three pointer. Rinse & repeat on the way to a 53-49 final score. Sign me up for 32 games of that baby!

A meltdown?

Michigan lost to Mcneese state and LBSU at home, it can’t be that hard.

Oh yeah. I love watching guys dribble the air outta the ball for 27 seconds before chucking up a three pointer. Rinse & repeat on the way to a 53-49 final score. Sign me up for 32 games of that baby!
I was referencing Iowa's idiot football fans.

But it seems like you may have a similar thought process as them. So I'll ask. Would you rather have the success of Wisconsin basketball or the "entertaining" style of Iowa basketball?

But it seems like you may have a similar thought process as them. So I'll ask. Would you rather have the success of Wisconsin basketball or the "entertaining" style of Iowa basketball?
If Iowa basketball resorted to that style of play I would buy a bullet & rent a gun. We saw that garbage from 2007-2010.

Unfortuatley we have been on a meltdown all season
Wouldn’t they have to playing lights out and consistently winning to have a meltdown? We haven’t been good enough all year to even qualify of having a meltdown. Been more like a smoldering , dying candle .

If Iowa basketball resorted to that style of play I would buy a bullet & rent a gun. We saw that garbage from 2007-2010.
You don't seem interested in answering the question 🤣

You don't seem interested in answering the question 🤣
You seem too interested in trying to replicate Wisconsin’s style of play. Perhaps you need to watch more basketball that’s not Iowa or Wisconsin. You’ll learn there are many ways to play the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT