LT.....assuming Mason Richman
LG....#60, Rusty Feth
C......#65, Logan Jones
RG...#77, Connor Colby
RT....#67, Gennings Dunker

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Is Cade the missing piece?

CFP???

RJ Young is a National College Football on Fox & USFL analyst & the host of the #1 Show at Fox Sports.

check this out & watch:

this is the kind of ish i would rather the team not see. 2006 and 2010 a lot of people were saying similar things and a lot of people were disappointed. of course that has no bearing on this year, but it seems we play better as the hunter and not with the target on our back.

Reactions: Franisdaman
this is the kind of ish i would rather the team not see. 2006 and 2010 a lot of people were saying similar things and a lot of people were disappointed. of course that has no bearing on this year, but it seems we play better as the hunter and not with the target on our back.

I wish someone would go back to last season & count all the drives that stalled because of an inaccurate pass by QB1

Just having an accurate passer this year is going to make a world of difference imo

I wish someone would go back to last season & count all the drives that stalled because of an inaccurate pass by QB1

Just having an accurate passer this year is going to make a world of difference imo
Oh no, its all Brians fault that no matter what he called we either struggled to execute the blocks, throw the ball accurately, or catch the damn ball......

Are you saying they both should be gone?

Definitely that’s what he is saying….

I mean hell…

Top 16 winning % last 10 years…

One of 5 teams to win 8 games 7 years in a row…

Top 12/15 in draft picks…

Speaking of draft picks recruiting has done nothing but get better and better and better and we know that because we’ve consistently had early entry kids and sometimes multiple per year for the last six or seven years….

I think we’re top-five to 10 in first round draft picks in recent years, etc. etc. etc.

So yes, he is certainly saying we should fire both!!

Last edited:
Definitely that’s what he is saying….

I mean hell…

Top 16 winning % last 10 years…

One of 5 teams to win 8 games 7 years in a row…

Top 12/15 in draft picks…

Speaking of draft picks recruiting has done nothing but get better and better and better and we know that because we’ve consistently had early entry kids and sometimes multiple per year for the last six or seven years….

I think we’re top-five to 10 in first round draft picks in recent years, etc. etc. etc.

So yes, he is certainly saying we should fire both!!
I mean hell, games like last year's NE and ISUcks games........there's been too many of those to count. 50?

Who gets paid a lot of money to run the entire offense?

we all know the answer to that question.

But it still does not change the following:

* Our OL was a mess
* Our QB had the yips and was inaccurate
* Not many WR options to throw to all season long
* One WR has been charged with betting on games he played in

Does Brian no longer recruit or coach on days other than Saturday?
Is Brian the only one who recruits and coaches offensive players? An honest answer would be nice. Look I've said numerous times it would have been, (and still would be), the best thing for everyone involved, including Brian, if he had moved on to coach elsewhere. Still this constant piling on crap, (and still weeks before we play), really is old. If you step back and look at it honestly, he did have some success as the OC. Then the last couple of years were a shit storm of everything that could go wrong did in regards to players leaving early, injuries, and guys who just didn't work out. How would he or Kirk know that Miller, Davidkov, and Britt, (all highly regarded prospects), would not pan out do to injuries, and what ever mental issue that Miller had, and never perform at the spots they were recruited for. We lose Ince, Wirfs and Lindy leave early. How exactly is that on Brian? Then we started last year with Breght, Vines, and Ragini out and Jones leaves when its too late to do anything about it. Those injuries are on Brian as well evidently. Just saying, maybe step back, and look at things in some context, instead of taking the easy low hanging fruit and making all of the issues on one guy who really had very little control on many of these issues.

Is Brian the only one who recruits and coaches offensive players? An honest answer would be nice. Look I've said numerous times it would have been, (and still would be), the best thing for everyone involved, including Brian, if he had moved on to coach elsewhere. Still this constant piling on crap, (and still weeks before we play), really is old. If you step back and look at it honestly, he did have some success as the OC. Then the last couple of years were a shit storm of everything that could go wrong did in regards to players leaving early, injuries, and guys who just didn't work out. How would he or Kirk know that Miller, Davidkov, and Britt, (all highly regarded prospects), would not pan out do to injuries, and what ever mental issue that Miller had, and never perform at the spots they were recruited for. We lose Ince, Wirfs and Lindy leave early. How exactly is that on Brian? Then we started last year with Breght, Vines, and Ragini out and Jones leaves when its too late to do anything about it. Those injuries are on Brian as well evidently. Just saying, maybe step back, and look at things in some context, instead of taking the easy low hanging fruit and making all of the issues on one guy who really had very little control on many of these issues.
A new year, same tired excuses........

Reactions: not_mantiteo
So excuses? Lets just say that three of out DL had career ending injuries, and Campbell , CDJ, and Moss all missed the first 6 games with injuries, and Castro transferred out in the summer. Would the defense have looked the same last season?

Reactions: Franisdaman
I mean hell, games like last year's NE and ISUcks games........there's been too many of those to count. 50?
Tbh, you’re going to be hard pressed to find a program that doesn’t have losses like that over a long span of time. Even Alabama has somewhat struggled with Auburn during Saban’s tenure. Since 2010, Auburn has beaten Alabama four times. That’s the same number of times Iowa State has beaten Iowa (2011, 2012, 2014, 2022).

Two questions:

1. Are you actually an Iowa fan?

2. Bearing in mind I agree the offensive results the past two years have been unacceptable, what are your expectations for the program in terms of wins and accolades?

Reactions: pmtdc
Tbh, you’re going to be hard pressed to find a program that doesn’t have losses like that over a long span of time. Even Alabama has somewhat struggled with Auburn during Saban’s tenure. Since 2010, Auburn has beaten Alabama four times. That’s the same number of times Iowa State has beaten Iowa (2011, 2012, 2014, 2022).
Long span of time??? It’s EVERY damned year and multiple times per year.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
This is a thread to discuss Cade McNamara, as the title indicates.

Please take your thoughts/comments to one of many regarding the displeasures of our current OC.

Since you are only a month and 4 days established as a GIA poster, I'd recommend utilizing the "search" function at the top of your screen so this thread can get back on topic.

What is “EVERY damned year and multiple times per year”? You’re going to have to clarify your rant.

I had assumed you meant Ferentz’s entire tenure, which would be from 1999 to the present day. In college football, nearly 25 years is a long time.

Oh, and, again, are you an Iowa fan?

weird stuff happens in sports.

i have always said that if you are going to be a sports fan you should go into every game/match with the expectation that you might lose. that's why they call them upsets. ;) Not everything goes to plan.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT